October 24, 2014 | 1449 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2003 5:07:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Chanel #5 pure parfum is a true classic, one of the very best fragrances in the world. Musky floriental over sandalwood. I like the body lotion, body cream, and edp.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MsEKNY

I keep seeing reviews about how it's an old ladyish perfume and their grandmothers wear this. So does my grandmother, but I still love it anyway. It's actually so reminiscent of her and I love that quality to it. I have the parfum and to my nose, it's a powdery, feminine scent...and there's somewhat of a soapy scent to it, which I like. I don't think it's overly "in your face" and I think it definitely gives you the unforgettable sexual appeal no matter what age you are - definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 3:21:00 AM More reviews by jordana459

A true classic -- the scent is timeless and I even feel more glamourous when I wear it! Definitely prefer the perfume to the EDT.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nancy_183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although it's not my favourite fragrance... I do like it in a certain way, but only right when I spray it on because the drydown is too powdery for my taste. I can understand the psychological appeal to this fragrance-- it's been around for ages, it's considered THE perfume of perfumes and was Marilyn Monroe's favourite. However, in my opinion, there are many perfumes much better than this one.
Chanel # 5 is considered THE champagne of fragrances, despite the fact that there are better fragrances out there. All in all, it's a classic, that's for sure, and I'm positive that it will always remain so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 8:00:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is average. I don't see the big deal on why this is a classic scent. It's totally unexciting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful, classic fragrance which was made first in the 1920s and is still a keeper today. The old ones can't be beat; there is nothing made nowadays that even comes close to becoming the beloved scents we know from the traditional houses. Like any scent, it does depend upon your personal make up, but there is something in the Chanel line for everyone. I have been wearing #5 for over twenty years and can't see myself giving it up any time soon. The classic bottle is still pretty impressive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Dina1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful fragrance, very feminine. I prefer EDT form. Chanel #5 bath and body line is absolutely lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first "real" fragrance. I bought this one when I was still in Year 11. I loved it then and I still love it now. It's really beautiful and feminine, and it's not "too mature" at all. It's rather potent and it can be too sharp, so I always wear it very sparingly. The staying power is great, I can still smell it after wearing it more than 8 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Cane

God-awful gross. Marilyn, what were you thinking?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2003 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Mother bought this for me because I enjoyed a sample of it I had. Maybe the sample was the perfume, because the cologne was horrible! I have allergies, and this scent is just too strong for me. Maybe it's the aldehydes in it. It IS a sophisticated fragrance with a distinctive scent--just not for me and my allergies!