Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 1/21/2006 5:19:00 PM

i'm really picky about my mascaras...i've tried soooo many different mascaras, both from drugstores (l'oreal, CG, and the other maybelline's)and department stores(chanel, dior, bobbi brown, lancome) and NONE of them work as well as full and soft. i curl my lashes w/ my shu uemura curler prior to applying mascara, and it seems like all the other brands make my lashes droop after i apply it. i use full and soft after curling lashes and it holds my curl, adds length and volume + doesn't look hard and brittle. continued >>

on 1/18/2006 6:39:00 PM

I think I'm one of those people on whom most if not all mascaras work and look the same.
I like this one because it doesn't weigh down my lashes and it adds a little volume as well. I bought Bourjois Pump Up the Volume, expecting it to be better but it was about the same.
I took off one lippie because it still left light smudges under my eyes (unlike some others that leave dark ones) even though it says WP.

EDIT 03/27/06: Okay, I give it the full 5-lippy rating! The above probably happened due to my foundation and skin oils mizing, making the area under my eyes a little oily. However, after using Baby Pink Milky Base (as a foundation primer) and Shiseido Mascara Base, there were no more smudgies!! Okay, maybe after 10-12 hours, there's a miniscule mark but it's not even noticeable! continued >>

on 1/18/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this! It's the only mascara I've found that holds curl after I curl my eyelashes. Plus, it makes my eyelashes look a little thicker, and that's always a good thing. Heh.

This is my every day mascara use black! It stays on all day and when you put it on you lashes then curl it with your eyelash curler it will hold your lashes all day!! Just dont forget to close it all the way because it will dry out, oh and I have used it at the beach and went swimming in salt and pool water and it never smeared!! And it holds for crying too!

on 1/7/2006 3:43:00 PM

This is my everyday mascara and I'm actually quite fond of it, although I wouldn't hesitate to kick it to the curb if something better came along.

For everyday, I generally shoot for a me-but-better look, overall and Full & Soft provides a very natural-looking but still "mascara-ed" effect--denser at the root with separated tips. The brush is good--I usually don't need a lash comb--and I haven't had problems with the product drying out.

I always wear waterproof mascara and this formula is by far the softest, which makes it a pleasure to wear. (I can't stand a crunchy lash.) It also has no smell, always a plus. I take it off easily with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Will repurchase. continued >>

on 12/23/2005 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I prefer this mascara with the curved brush, but it can be a bit drying to my lashes. I only love it when I apply it over top of the non-waterproof Full & Soft though. It lasts just like the waterproof when worn alone, but the non-waterproof version protects my lashes =) ***UPDATE*** this would've been my HG with the curved brush but it began burning the corners of my eyes...

on 12/15/2005 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the only mascara I've tried that actually does what it's supposed to. It definitely gives my lashes a lot of volume and thickness, but I wish there was a mascara that lengthens as well. Another thing that I agree with other reviewers on is that the tube doesn't last very long for some reason. It dries out pretty quickly. Overall, I love this mascara and will keep buying it unless I find something that lengthens in addition to voluminizing and thickening.

on 12/14/2005 4:04:00 PM

I find that the waterproof version flakes and smudges more than the non-waterproof. It has never irriated my sensitive eyes, and it is easy to remove with just face wash too. I prefer the non-waterproof version to this, but it's still better than most drugstore waterproof mascaras.

on 11/7/2005 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorate waterproof mascara! I use this almost everyday, no matter what other kind of mascara I buy, I always come back to this one. I first curl with my Shu curler (which is fabulous) and then apply this mascara in black. I love it, it doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge. I do not even have to use my lash comb on it, it seperates my lashes. My lashes are def. softer with this mascara than with any other. It does give some length, but not so much full-ness. Waterproof mascara keeps my lashes curled all day and into the night. This one does the job with no problems.. I'm still looking for one that can make my lashes a tad fuller, but I think that's an impossible dream :) I will def. re-purchase this over and over again!! and it is soooooooo cheap!! .. and easily removable with Neutrogena's Oil free makeup remover!!

on 11/7/2005 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I totally agree with "softgrey" on this mascara. It is terrific. Now if I could only get a little more "life" out of a tube. I have found that nothing else compares. Most mascaras smudge under my eyes (whether I use moisturizer, foundation or not). Full 'N Soft waterproof doesn't smudge. I also have very straight eyelashes that will not hold a curl with any other mascara. With this mascara, I curl the lashes, apply the product and the curl stays all day. A tube of the waterproof doesn't last a long time because it fairly quickly becomes dry and lumpy, but during the first few weeks, it is a terrific every-day mascara. It's easy to remove with plain old Vaseline, but give the ointment a few minutes to penetrate before wiping off.
EDITED 8/7/10: I KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS MASCARA BECAUSE I LOVE IT! The wand is excellent. The mascara goes on easily. It lasts. It works without a lot of work on my part. LOVE IT!

Popular Mascaras