October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought my first Full and Soft in November, and I'm still using it right now! As I've said before, it does make your lashes look great, doesn't clump (even after 3 months of using!) and runs only a tiny amount! When i get it on my lids when applying, it can easily be removed (right away). Definitely would buy again after trying some of Maybelline's other mascaras!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by atsui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Compared to the non-waterproof, regular Full and Soft mascara, this mascara is garbage. It has a waxy base so that it can make your lashes soft, rather than flaky, but it's got really poor lash-staying power. Once it gets down to your undereyes (moisture from the air, your eyes, tears even will do the trick) it's stuck, and harder to remove than most other waterproof mascara formulas I've tried. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Alegrias

the only difference I noticed between the waterproof and regular in this mascara, is that the waterproof kind broke off the tips of my lashes. Horrible for that. Found it difficult to remove and the easiest way seems to be with petrolium jelly. I will not buy this again not only does it break off the tips of my lashes (and VERY obvious breaks; looks like someone took scissors to them) but the regular kind is just as "waterproof", comes off much easier and doesn't break my lashes.
UPDATE: completely forgot I reviewed this. A year after writing the orginal review, my opinion has completely changed and it is now my HG mascara. It no longer breaks my lashes. I think it's because I don't use it alone. I do one coat of this formula and another coat of the non-waterproof. It works amazing! It has now been 7 years and I still love the results of it. I am of Asian descent and have flimsy, thin lashes, but using my Shu Uemura eyelash curler & using the 2 formulas together (always the waterproof first), I get very thick, full lashes that doesn't loose it's curl after application. I'm in love & can't believe I ever talked smack about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of Maybelline in general, however I was out of mascara and it was BOGOF, so I tried the Full and Soft. I am pleasantly surprised. There is an easy build up to thick lashes and this formula does not straighten the lashes after they're curled, a big pet peeve of mine. Took off one lippie as L'orels' Lash Out is a better product..Update: Although I love the look of this mascara, the amount of residue it leaves in your eyes when you remove it is unreal, and no doubt unsafe. I don't know why this is happening, very disappointing!!!! Also, will never use again as I went to www.ewg.org and found out this mascara rated a 9.2 out of ten for toxic ingredients.....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by pfm2003

Despite the claim of it being "waterproof" this mascara smudged on me leaving me with dark splotches under my eyes. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this mascara before now. I've been using it for about 5 years and I love it. It holds a curl (very important to me) doesn't smear and it builds beautiful thick, but soft lashes. Full & Soft is always in my makeup bag - even when I venture out and try something new. It is HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jeki

This is one of the best masacaras I've tried for my straight asian lashes. It hold the curl from my eyelash curler well and applies very smoothly, with no clumps. It doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not HG material, but this is the mascara I reach for most often. I have several mascaras from higher end brands but none of them are waterproof (my eyes water a bunch, so I kind of need it) so I don't use those as often. Full & Soft can do a great job on my lashes to both lengthen and thicken, but it takes a bit more work than it does with some of the higher end mascaras. Still I'm pretty pleased with the results most days and can get pretty dramatic results if I try. It builds well and I love the brush. It isn't good enough to keep me from straying to try other brands (I'm not if anything *could* be that good!), but it's a great everyday mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2003 6:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupmagic

This is a decent product because it makes my lashes feel soft but not really full. It also does not do a great job at holding the curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 5:41:00 PM More reviews by yin2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its time that i gave this mascara a rave review! its not too lengthening, but it doesn't clump or smudge! totally an everday mascara, "ur lashes but better" look. i use this with my shiseido mascara base, which helps in lengthening and holding power. total natural feel, not hard bristle feel. i use lancome's bi-facil makeup remover, and have no problem removing the base and the mascara (just in case anybody wondered) i love it! then again, i haven't tried that many mascaras since i've only recently discovered shi's eyelash curler. i will update if i find something better.