October 1, 2014 | 987 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Alegrias

the only difference I noticed between the waterproof and regular in this mascara, is that the waterproof kind broke off the tips of my lashes. Horrible for that. Found it difficult to remove and the easiest way seems to be with petrolium jelly. I will not buy this again not only does it break off the tips of my lashes (and VERY obvious breaks; looks like someone took scissors to them) but the regular kind is just as "waterproof", comes off much easier and doesn't break my lashes.
UPDATE: completely forgot I reviewed this. A year after writing the orginal review, my opinion has completely changed and it is now my HG mascara. It no longer breaks my lashes. I think it's because I don't use it alone. I do one coat of this formula and another coat of the non-waterproof. It works amazing! It has now been 7 years and I still love the results of it. I am of Asian descent and have flimsy, thin lashes, but using my Shu Uemura eyelash curler & using the 2 formulas together (always the waterproof first), I get very thick, full lashes that doesn't loose it's curl after application. I'm in love & can't believe I ever talked smack about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of Maybelline in general, however I was out of mascara and it was BOGOF, so I tried the Full and Soft. I am pleasantly surprised. There is an easy build up to thick lashes and this formula does not straighten the lashes after they're curled, a big pet peeve of mine. Took off one lippie as L'orels' Lash Out is a better product..Update: Although I love the look of this mascara, the amount of residue it leaves in your eyes when you remove it is unreal, and no doubt unsafe. I don't know why this is happening, very disappointing!!!! Also, will never use again as I went to www.ewg.org and found out this mascara rated a 9.2 out of ten for toxic ingredients.....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by pfm2003

Despite the claim of it being "waterproof" this mascara smudged on me leaving me with dark splotches under my eyes. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this mascara before now. I've been using it for about 5 years and I love it. It holds a curl (very important to me) doesn't smear and it builds beautiful thick, but soft lashes. Full & Soft is always in my makeup bag - even when I venture out and try something new. It is HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jeki

This is one of the best masacaras I've tried for my straight asian lashes. It hold the curl from my eyelash curler well and applies very smoothly, with no clumps. It doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not HG material, but this is the mascara I reach for most often. I have several mascaras from higher end brands but none of them are waterproof (my eyes water a bunch, so I kind of need it) so I don't use those as often. Full & Soft can do a great job on my lashes to both lengthen and thicken, but it takes a bit more work than it does with some of the higher end mascaras. Still I'm pretty pleased with the results most days and can get pretty dramatic results if I try. It builds well and I love the brush. It isn't good enough to keep me from straying to try other brands (I'm not if anything *could* be that good!), but it's a great everyday mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2003 6:24:00 AM More reviews by makeupmagic

This is a decent product because it makes my lashes feel soft but not really full. It also does not do a great job at holding the curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 5:41:00 PM More reviews by yin2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its time that i gave this mascara a rave review! its not too lengthening, but it doesn't clump or smudge! totally an everday mascara, "ur lashes but better" look. i use this with my shiseido mascara base, which helps in lengthening and holding power. total natural feel, not hard bristle feel. i use lancome's bi-facil makeup remover, and have no problem removing the base and the mascara (just in case anybody wondered) i love it! then again, i haven't tried that many mascaras since i've only recently discovered shi's eyelash curler. i will update if i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kitsune

When I first picked this up, based on positive MUA reviews, I HATED it. It came out wet and sloppy, and I ended up smudgy and clumpy. I decided to give it another chance, seeing as I'd also been having eyelash curling issues that day which left me impatient and wasn't being as careful w/application as I usually am.

Packaging notes: I'd been using mascaras in shorter tubes recently, so initially the long handle unnerved me, but I love the fat bristly little brush. Also like the basic silvery tube, which isn't going to look scratched + beaten up after a few weeks in my makeup bag.

I am really glad I tried this mascara again, because it's working wonderfully for me. I curl, wipe excess off on a tissue, quickly sweep through once or twice (not waiting to dry between)and have a lovely separated fringe of lashes. I never have to comb either, which is KEY for me, as I *hate* having to take that extra step. I may be stubborn, but I honestly believe a good mascara should not have to be combed. I never apply mascara to lower lashes, as I have yet to find any mascara made by human hands that will hold up + not smudge undereye.

IMHO, this really gives the great natural-but-*much*-better look that I like -- not superthick baby calf lashes, but not unnoticable either. Doesn't make my lashes look sparse or thin, the way some separating mascaras can, and adds a little length and volume overall. More volume/fullness than "thickness." Really holds curl nicely (no damaging "refresher" w/the curler later in the day), doesn't seem to smudge on me unless I really rub, and really just gives a lovely flirty fringe. Fringe is really the best adjective for it, as another reviewer noted. I wouldn't say my lashes are super super soft, but they're definitely not as crispy as with other mascaras. I just really like the look this gives to my eyes.

My lashes: my lashes are naturally very dark (though of course get lighter toward the tip), long, medium fullness, but very straight-tending for a non-Asian.

Would never have tried this Maybelline mascara if it were't for MUA -- my drugstore loyalty usually lies with L'Oreal, and I've always associated Maybelline + Cover Girl with high school. Thanks MUA for breaking me out of my rut!
I can't seem to remain faithful to any mascara for more than a tube, and am always trying something new, so no 5 lippies for this until I've been using it for longer. We'll see! Could be an HG in the making.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SecretAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this mascara for almost a year and am very happy with it. It makes my lashes very long, fairly full, and doesn't smudge or smear despite tears or allergy eyes. I remove it easily with Pond's Cold Cream. It also keeps my lashes feeling and looking soft. I've used the most expensive mascaras and the least expensive and all in between. This is my favorite.