Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 7/28/2008 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

A really good mascara-one of those that are worth the extra cash ( as compared to the drugstore ones). It thickens, lengthens and defines decently and does not clump. Two coats give a really enhanced look. I would repurchase if I did not like high definition mascara best.

packaging: nothing special
curling: does crap (i have straight lashes)
lengthining: i like, pretty good
thickening: already have thick lashes, does little a bit more sultry
color: good black color pay off
clumping: never clumps

i don't like this because it doesn't curl my lashes. i have yet to find a mascara that curl my lashes, my straight lashes are so stubborn. every mascara i have ever tried never curled my lashes. i always have to wait for it to dry then curl my lashes for like a minute each before they are curled. very annoying, lash curlers dont even work if i use it before mascara! good enough to finish up but i NEED a mascara that curls my lashes!!!

on 7/23/2008 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

High Impact performed nicely for me & I would repurchase. My lashes are naturally curly but my eyes are sensitive so I prefer that my mascara does not irritate my eyes or clump & this one met the bill!

on 7/23/2008 11:19:00 AM

As others mentioned, this mascara is very black and does add some volume, but it barely holds a curl and weighed down my short Asian lashes, even when used with my Shiseido primer. I used a sample daily for almost 2 weeks while on vacation (so I had no other choice) and definitely will not be purchasing this.

on 7/22/2008 4:28:00 PM

My favourite mascara ever! I've got really thin scarce lashes, you can hardly see them without mascara on. With High Impact there's no doubt i do have lashes :) They're thicker and longer and well separated, plus the mascara doesn't clump or smudge. And it's not even expensive!

EDIT: I've found an even better mascara so i'm taking off one lippie to give my new favourite the highest rating :)

love this mascara! can't say its HG yet because i haven't tried many mascara's. but it definitely beats plushlash in my books. i have short straight asian lashes. and the way i use this is i coat them without curling. then i curl with a heated lash curler and then i use the blob of mascara at the tip of the wand to coat my lashes again and my lashes end up being very long and very thick. price is okay $18CDN

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara definitely isn't "high impact". It does a decent job at definition and darkening lashes. But no wow-ing thickness or lengthening.

on 7/11/2008 2:30:00 PM

It looks pretty nice on, but both times I've tried it my eyes burned.

on 7/9/2008 12:09:00 PM

I actually like this mascara for some of the same reasons other people hate it. I like that it isn't dramatic and just a sweep or two and my lashes are darker and more noticeable. I have been wearing it this summer and like that is a more natural effect for every day running around. I have other mascaras I use for going out or for when I want more of an effect but I really like this and haven't experienced the flakiness others have mentioned.

on 7/6/2008 3:03:00 AM

I got the sample of this, and i didn't have any expectations for cliniques mascara, cos i like their skincare and never had any thouht about their makeup line. but this gives the PERFECT shape(: like v shapes :D!<3 it doens't curl itself tho, unless yu use a eyelash curler haha :]<3