August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

I love this mascara, Perfect if you eyes are sensitive..... If you go during gift time this is in about everyone, it will last long enough til the next gift time that your run across!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by astrorainfall

This is the best mascara ever! I have to agree that this won't give you va-va-voom lashes but if you want something that doesn't clump or smudge and does a neat job, this is the mascara to try. It's at a pretty reasonable price (SGD27; USD19) for such good performance. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've only used sample sizes of this that I've received in GWPs a few times. It's a decent enough everyday mascara, though I think you could find something similar--or maybe even better--at the drugstore for half the price or less. I like a lot of volume, and this is more on the natural barely-there side. Every once in awhile, it gives me the baby-doll look, which I'm not particularly into, and I have to take precious extra minutes combing my lashes out of the little spikes. I don't know why it does it, unless it's reacting to the freakish weather we have in my area somehow. :) I always use the trial sizes when I get them, but I wouldn't purchase on its own.
EDIT: The most recent GWP size I've been using seems to be superior somehow. It's still sort of a "my lashes but better" look, so I probably wouldn't pay for it when I can get that with Maybelline Full N' Soft, but it's much nicer this time around...new formula? Better batch?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by winddancer1323

This mascara is weird. It has good days when my lashes would long long and thick and bad days when my lashes looked like spider legs. I prefer a mascara that only has good days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a fan of Lancome Mascaras for a long time. But I got a GWP of this and I love it!! It really makes my puny lashes look thicker and longer. Even my mom commented and she never comments on my makeup. She said it made my eyes look bigger. Do they make this is waterproof?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara...it's definately not one of my favorites, but I think it works pretty good, especially for the price, it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by cythomas

I got this as a sample with some other Clinique purchases, and I was very impressed! I have a love-hate relationship with mascaras. And, I have tried SO many (maybeline great lash, chanel inimitable, too faced, dior, benefit badgal, the list goes on...). Also, I am surprised by the cheaper price tag. I have been used to paying upwards of at least $25 for mascara and have always been somewhat disappointed. This separates well, curls, and goes on thick, but not so thick that it gives that Tammy Faye look! I will def repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this randomly and while it gives my lashes seperation and doesn't clump or flake on me, I just wasn't getting any sort of "impact" that I wanted. My lashes looked a bit average. If you are looking for dramatic lashes, this is not it. If you want something demure and soft, give this a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelownsyourfacexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After testing out many, many different mascaras, I find this one to be my all time favorite. I got it on a whim when my mom got a flier in the mail to get a free clinique giftset when spending $20+ at the stand at the mall, so I got this. I basically do a smokey eye every day, and this makes it look amazing. Even though it is $15ish, I think it is well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was quite surprised by this product. I didn't like the High Impact in Brown - I guess the colour was a nothing colour for me and it seemed to bother my eyes. The black however was a very good black, highly pigmented (I was surprised by how dark a black it was when I went to take it off!), and goes on very nicely. It doesn't clump, and gives me long, pretty lashes that stand out I guess due to the darkness. It didn't flake with me, and it seemed to last right to the end of the day and my eyes felt great. I received this as a GWP and frankly, I am becoming more and more impressed with Clinique - the price is right, no scent, and the makeup never bothers my skin or eyes. If only all their skincare would work as they claim, I would be an even more happy camper!

UPDATE: Yup, this caused irritation to my eyes big time, something I do not expect from Clinique. Throwing it away.