September 21, 2014 | 2118 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ZeZoZo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit - I love this stuff. I have oily t-zone/acne, and have tried just about everything on the market. I always end up back with this to get my skin on a more even keel. I'm going back to it again, and I'm sticking to it this time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by joleneburd

This is my staple cleanser and I love it. The scent has never bothered me. The longer I leave it on before rinsing, the more it will dry out my face, but I find it overall very gentle and a great neutral everyday cleanser. I switch between this and the lotion type cleanser during the winter months when my skin is so dry. Pairs great with the Cetaphil moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Shannalee

It cleans very well but I find it too irritating, especially around my eyes, and my skin isn't even that sensitive. It's just a mild stinging type of sensation but it's really annoying. Leaves me a little dry too. Once I use up the small bottle I bought to try, I'm on to something else that's more gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by warestheblonde

Hmmm...I'm not in love with this stuff as a cleanser. I find it a little drying (I have sensitive, yet oily acne-prone skin). however, I don't think it makes my skin worse--I just don't like the tightness and the fact that it doesn't lather. However, it is GREAT at removing mascara! (sorry I can't tell you about other make-up...all i wear is mascara). I just get my eyelids wet, squirt some cetaphil on my fingers, and all my mascara is gone. I don't even have to work at it very hard!! It's something good to have around, and if you don't like it as a cleanser, you can just keep it as a make-up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

Regular Cetaphil feels like I am smearing body lotion all over my face, and for some it might cleanse...but not for me. Cetaphil Normal to Oily is a great cleanser. I use it every morning, and it cleans really well and is not drying. I can see if you have extremely dry skin how one might find it drying, but if you have dry skin...you should not be buying a cleanser for Normal to Oily skin in the first place. Yes, the scent is VERY strong...but I love it!! It is clean and refreshing, and smells like Eucerin skin cleanser, that can only be found in Sweden, Norway and Finland. This is a great Cetaphil product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry but the fragrance in this is unforgivable. I have never EVER used such a scented product. Unscented i'm sure it would do an ok job but this stuff STINKS - and chapped my cheeks it is so strong. I blame the fragrance as it was a kind of reaction I have never experienced before - I usually use low scented products. I hope the other Cetaphil is better - it has a good reputation. I'm surprised a brand heralded for its sensitive skin products would bring out something so awfully perfumed. It reminds me of the way our dog smelt after he'd been to the poodle parlour - i.e. like shake and vac (carpet cleaner).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by carmenalita

just a smidge onn the drying side, but I reach for it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mgoatandv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser! It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It cleans well, removes my non-waterproof mascara well. I definitely recommend this cleanser. It's dermatologist recommended and it has a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

I like this cleanser. It is gentle, and rinses off easily. There are two downsides to the cleanser. I had to use the amount the size of a nickel to cover my face, and there is also the smell. Otherwise, I still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by bigbrowneyes823

This cleanser has worked well for my skin. I have tried hundreds of cleansers for different reasons and this cleanser seems to do the work that it needs to do. It cleans my skin, doesn't strip it dry, and my skin has been better off after a few weeks of usage. I have always searched for a cleanser to fix all my problems -- large pores, oily skin, minor breakouts...and this cleanser has def. improved my skin. And it does a wonderful job cleansing as well. It will even take off mascara (but wash well - it will burn your eyes if you don't). Will def. continue to use.