July 29, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by warestheblonde

Hmmm...I'm not in love with this stuff as a cleanser. I find it a little drying (I have sensitive, yet oily acne-prone skin). however, I don't think it makes my skin worse--I just don't like the tightness and the fact that it doesn't lather. However, it is GREAT at removing mascara! (sorry I can't tell you about other make-up...all i wear is mascara). I just get my eyelids wet, squirt some cetaphil on my fingers, and all my mascara is gone. I don't even have to work at it very hard!! It's something good to have around, and if you don't like it as a cleanser, you can just keep it as a make-up remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

Regular Cetaphil feels like I am smearing body lotion all over my face, and for some it might cleanse...but not for me. Cetaphil Normal to Oily is a great cleanser. I use it every morning, and it cleans really well and is not drying. I can see if you have extremely dry skin how one might find it drying, but if you have dry skin...you should not be buying a cleanser for Normal to Oily skin in the first place. Yes, the scent is VERY strong...but I love it!! It is clean and refreshing, and smells like Eucerin skin cleanser, that can only be found in Sweden, Norway and Finland. This is a great Cetaphil product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry but the fragrance in this is unforgivable. I have never EVER used such a scented product. Unscented i'm sure it would do an ok job but this stuff STINKS - and chapped my cheeks it is so strong. I blame the fragrance as it was a kind of reaction I have never experienced before - I usually use low scented products. I hope the other Cetaphil is better - it has a good reputation. I'm surprised a brand heralded for its sensitive skin products would bring out something so awfully perfumed. It reminds me of the way our dog smelt after he'd been to the poodle parlour - i.e. like shake and vac (carpet cleaner).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by carmenalita

just a smidge onn the drying side, but I reach for it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mgoatandv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser! It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It cleans well, removes my non-waterproof mascara well. I definitely recommend this cleanser. It's dermatologist recommended and it has a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

I like this cleanser. It is gentle, and rinses off easily. There are two downsides to the cleanser. I had to use the amount the size of a nickel to cover my face, and there is also the smell. Otherwise, I still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by bigbrowneyes823

This cleanser has worked well for my skin. I have tried hundreds of cleansers for different reasons and this cleanser seems to do the work that it needs to do. It cleans my skin, doesn't strip it dry, and my skin has been better off after a few weeks of usage. I have always searched for a cleanser to fix all my problems -- large pores, oily skin, minor breakouts...and this cleanser has def. improved my skin. And it does a wonderful job cleansing as well. It will even take off mascara (but wash well - it will burn your eyes if you don't). Will def. continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a much better cleanser for removing makeup than the original Cetaphil. Just two small pumps removes most of my face and eye makeup and dirt and oil without stripping my skin. It doesn't lather that well though and the cheap hairspray/perfume smell of this product needs to go! YUCK. But on the whole this is a good cleanser for combo and oily skins. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lindsay90691

This product is great, not awesome... The smell was nasty! It smelled like a very large acne pad, which sorta scared me because acne pads dry my skin out completely. It dried it out a little bit, but nothing that moisturizer couldn't fix! I'm used to the scent now, but I wish they'd change it to an appealing scent like citrus or something!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser because my dermatologist recommended it. At first, I thought that it would irritate my skin because of the horrible scent. But, surprisingly, my skin has become smoother since I started using this cleanser. I haven't experienced any major breakouts while using this either. It does a ok job of removing my makeup (all I wear is some mineral foundation and mascara). I still have a little remmanents of my mascara left after I wash my face. But unfortunately, it smells rather unpleasant and irritates my eyes. I doubt I would repurchase unless, the formula was changed to unscented.