December 20, 2014 | 1645 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jellohno

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my dermatologist reccomended it, but I found it to work just "ok". It more or less got dirt off my face, but it didn't make it feel especially clean and as far as I could tell didn't clear up any pores or pimples. I'm using up the rest of my bottle to wash my hands before putting in/taking out my contact lenses since I needed a gentle soap for that purpose. I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I have ever tried for my normal/combo face. It doesn't dry my face out or leave it feeling unclean. It is a very mild cleanser so it may seem like it's not cleansing, but it is. For nights that I feel like not using make-up remover, I use this and it removes all of my make-up including concealer and nonwaterproof mascara. It doesn't remove waterproof mascara. What I love about this cleanser is that it doesn't burn my eyes. Why use a cleanser that is going to burn the eyes? I have been using this for 3+ years and it keeps my face absolutely clear. I could not live without this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by buny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this to me, and my friend also so I decided to try it. It cleans ok, but I HATE the smell. I thought I would be getting some lightly scented or non-scented stuff from a brand like Cetaphil but I was wrong. Will not be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Missa5

I've been using this since 2005 with great results. When I started my face broke out alot more since I was in my early 20's and now that i'm closer to 30 yrs old my skin's gotten dryer and less prone to breakouts. I cleanse morning and evening followed with oil of Olay sensitive skin moisture cream. If I wash just once for the day i'll get blackheads around my nose after a couple weeks, but twice a day keeps my pores small and prevents deep pimples as well as dries up existing blocked pores. It's good at removing my daily sunscreen. I use alot of sunscreen SPF 60 to 70 so it builds up and this cleanser washes it all away. I've tried other cleansers over the years but this is a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kebeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product because I don't feel like I have to use a toner after washing my face. When I do use one there is hardly anything on the cotton pad. I will agree the smell is bad. It smells like an old woman to me. I think I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by outsider_55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used both types of Cetaphil facial cleansers. I recommend this product for people with normal skin. I would recommend original Cetaphil for those who suffer from acne or sensitive skin. This type causes my skin to be dry if I use it more than once a day. I can use original Cetaphil twice a day with no irritation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers here, I wanted to try something a little stronger than the regular Cetaphil for my oily skin and thought this was a fantastic find. I'm not happy at all with the smell- even though it's called "masking fragrance" on the ingredient listing. It's a major minus for me with fragrance allergies. Also, my face doesn't really feel clean when I use it and I do not wear foundation makeup on my face- just concealer and bronzer. Another review below thought it was a great mascara remover but for me it just smudges it under my eyes and I have to use my regular Cetaphil on cotton to thoroughly remove it. The best thing about this cleanser is the pump
dispenser. I'll use it for a hand soap and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ZeZoZo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit - I love this stuff. I have oily t-zone/acne, and have tried just about everything on the market. I always end up back with this to get my skin on a more even keel. I'm going back to it again, and I'm sticking to it this time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by joleneburd

This is my staple cleanser and I love it. The scent has never bothered me. The longer I leave it on before rinsing, the more it will dry out my face, but I find it overall very gentle and a great neutral everyday cleanser. I switch between this and the lotion type cleanser during the winter months when my skin is so dry. Pairs great with the Cetaphil moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Shannalee

It cleans very well but I find it too irritating, especially around my eyes, and my skin isn't even that sensitive. It's just a mild stinging type of sensation but it's really annoying. Leaves me a little dry too. Once I use up the small bottle I bought to try, I'm on to something else that's more gentle.