Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

The tin is hard to open if you donīt have strong nails, which is my main reason for using this product to begin with. If you can get inside the jar it will be well worth your time and trouble. This cream does wonder for my nails, it makes them stronger and it has helped restore my cuticles. I massage the cream into my nails, cuticles and fingertips before going to bed every night, and itīs made such a difference! A little bit goes a long way with this. Product smells lovely of lemon butter, and according to my cat, it tastes great as well!

on 5/13/2004 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for years...it's got a fresh, lemon-honey scent, it does an excellent job of repairing my nails and cuticles. I tend to use this at night or when I'm watching TV, as I don't like having mucked-up fingers during the day. As for packaging...the little tin it comes in isn't great, it tends to get greasy and gummed up from my fingers after application, but I don't know if a plastic jar alternative would be much better. Some people have complained that it's hard to open the container, but I've never found this to be the case--you just twist the top off, instead of prying it with your nails. This is about $7 CD and it lasts a good while.

*Update 05/27: They've changed their packaging--the tin has lost its rounded edges and added a lip to the lid, definitely making it easier to use for everyone. Can't wait to get a new tin! continued >>

burt's bees products are amazing, and i don't feel that this is an exception. i absolutely LOVE this stuff. it smells amazing, like freshly cut lemons. it's very light and it absorbs quickly. its a great alternative to a messy cuticle oil. you can use it on other rough parts of your body. i find the scent soothing, so its great to apply before bed. i have extremely dry nail beds/cuticles which has resulted in a lot of picking, but this really nourishes them. when they're moisturized and healthy, i tend to pick at them less. the price is right for this too... i think i got my tin for about $5. the packaging is lovely. overall, this really deserves a 10...

on 4/19/2004 2:40:00 PM

I really like this...it works well, keeping my cuticles soft. Not too greasy, I keep it in my purse on the go. The lemony smell is nice but fades quickly and absorbs into your skin quickly as well.

on 4/9/2004 2:34:00 AM

I keep this in my desk and use it daily. The lemony scent is just right - not overpowering at all. I got this in a swap and I don't even remember what came with it - this was the best of the bunch. I have the mini-tin and I am not even half-way through with it. My nails and fingers get very dry, so I usually apply a layer of this over my cuticles before slathering on my hand lotion. Now I just need one more tin of this for home and I'll be set.

on 4/4/2004 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

...HOLY GRAIL ITEM FOR ME...

I *love love love* this product! I first encountered it in my college bookstore (where I work) we have a big Burt's Bees display. I have tried a bunch of the testers and don't really like anything but this product. It is awesome and I did a little test by applying it a few times a week from the tester. I became addicted... now I have a tin in my purse with a small tube of lotion for when I need a mini-manicure. I get really stressed out and just putting this on, rubbing it in and adding some lotion with a hand massage is great therapy for me. You only need to use a small amount and it must be rubbed in. I've had my tin for a year and am still only about halfway through it. I love the buttery lemon smell, and as one MUAer said, the packaging isn't girly and I've gotten a few guy friends to try it out! I think the tins have been improved because the tester was closed shut, so we started a new tester and have had no problems (and I've had none with the one I bought). I've also used cuticle oils, but much prefer this to them because I can't carry a jar of oil in my purse. I recomend this product to everyone... BTW, I rarely use nail polish, so I'm not sure how this would work if you're a polish girl. continued >>

on 4/3/2004 9:19:00 PM

The packaging really drags the rating down here. Honestly, I don't know how Burt expects me to be able to pry the lid of the freaking tin -- presumably we are using this cream to strengthen nails, and the tin does nothing but break them. Truly self-perpetuating. As for the cream itself, I found it too grainy and difficult to work in. My preferred cuticle cream is Philosophy's Save the Nails.

on 4/1/2004 5:32:00 PM

It does smell a little funny, but you get used to it. I like how it makes my nail beds feel. It's very easy to push back cuticles after using it. Or, use it to smoothen up that area during other times. A worthy buy.

I love the way this stuff works too. I does tend to smell a little like furniture polish but it sure does the job. I work in a mill and my hands are hard working and they tend to get beat up and scratched alot. This stuff works so well on my cuticles that for the first time since I started there i have nice cuticles. The little tin is cute and a little hard to open but I just bought this for a friend and noticed that have changed the tin so it has a lip that you can open it with so it is easier.

This smells SO good, and it's great for my cuticles. A definite staple. I'm only giving it 4 lipsticks though, because the lid is stuck on mine and I can't get it off to save my fricking life, and I can get ANY lid off of ANY jar! GRRRR!

Popular Treatments