September 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WAY too liquidy. Even the smallest amount of product makes my skin oily and I have naturally dry skin. Even when I mix it with other BB Creams, it still produces way too much oil onto my face. I do not recommend this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I love the idea of a BB cream - moisturizer, SPF, and lightweight coverage all in one. However, if the product doesn't deliver on all fronts well, then I'd rather use separate products and like the outcome than shorten my beauty regimen by a few minutes. I tend to like Maybelline foundations, so I thought I'd give this product a try. It gave the lightest of lightest coverage, which is okay, but I wanted just a bit more tint - nothing crazy. It definitely wasn't enough coverage to eliminate the minor blemishes I had, but I didn't expect it to, and I used concealer for those. My biggest issue lay with how oily I looked after only a few hours of wear. I tend to be on the oilier side and, unless I wear a powder, my skin looks glowy/greasy. They say it's for normal skin, so I don't recommend this for anyone that's on the oily/combination side. It's a shame because I'd love to shorten my beauty routine. Oh, well. On to the next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is an "8-in-1 Skin Perfecter". This BB Cream is a "one step wonder to good skin days, every day. Packed with 8 great skin benefits for instant skin protection". This BB cream, which is actually more of a tinted moisturizer, is best suited for normal skin. So what are the eight great benefits? Maybelline claims this this BB cream will "blur imperfections, enhance, brighten, adjusts to skin tone, smooths, hydrates, protects with SPF 30, and oil free with no heavy ingredients". Maybelline's BB cream is available in only 5 shades, ranging from Light to Deep. I have the shade Light, obviously. Maybelline face products are dermatologist tested. Unfortunately they're also tested on animals. This BB cream was made in the USA. I purchased my 1fl oz (30ml) tube at Walmart for $7.47
Packaging is cute and functional. The squeeze tube starts off white and gradually turns to a light skin tone, I guess to represent the way this product adjusts to skin tones. The front of the tube features the shade name, some claims, and the name of the product in cute pink and white fonts. On the back of the tube is the mandatory drug facts label for any product that includes SPF. This label pulls up to reveal more info, a full ingredient list, and tips for additional sun protection. This squeeze tube is great, it's very easy to get out just the amount of product you want. Some say that the product runs out of the tube, but I haven't experienced this problem. The white plastic cap twists on and stays on firmly. Good packaging, Maybelline.
The texture of the Dream Fresh BB Cream is thin, definitely thinner than most foundations, but not watery or runny like some have said. I actually think it has a nice consistency that's conducive to application with fingers, which is suggest by Maybelline. I just smooth this product on with my fingers, section by section. This BB cream blends in very easily and sinks in fast. I get quite sheer to light coverage from this tinted moisturizer. It evens out my pink cheeks and "blurs" my small pimples, but does nothing to mask any more serious imperfections. Concealer is definitely needed if you have less than perfect skin. The coverage is slightly buildable, but this isn't the product you should opt for if you're looking for full coverage. This product is best if you're looking for a natural, no makeup, effortless look. The finish of this tinted moisturizer is really nice, very natural, never cakey, just a little tiny bit dewy. It gives the appearance of healthy skin. Though it doesn't look like it, this BB cream feels a little greasy to the touch.
Light, is ironically, a little bit too dark for me. When first squeezed out of the tube it looks way dark for me. Once I begin to blend it in, it sheers out and adjusts to my skin tone. Light doesn't match me perfectly, but it's certainly wearable. I wish Maybelline offered an extra light. Actually they should expand the line in general, at least two if not four more shades.
I still haven't managed to get a full day's wear from Maybelline's BB Cream. I've tried it with three primers, two powders, on it's own, and a combination of them all. It's always gone after six hours. Any sweat completely dissolves the Dream Fresh BB Cream. You know how a lot of people say that Maybelline's FitMe Foundation has ruined their skin or at least made them break out? That never happened to me with that foundation, but it happened with this one. My skin has become much oilier since I've started using this product. My chin and hairline are broken out. Uh oh.
Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfecter has it's pro's and cons. The packaging is great, texture is pleasing and easy to work with, application is effortless. The shade selection should be expanded to include at least a couple more shades. Light isn't light enough to include everyone, I'm sure Deep isn't dark enough either. The coverage and finish are nice, what you can expect from a tinted moisturizer. I think the price is fair. I feel like this product, despite it's promise of 8 skin benefits, hasn't been beneficial for me, my skin's changed a little since I've gotten it. I really wanted to love this product, but I can't. I do like it though. If you have normal or slightly dry skin, this product might be a good chocie for you. I probably won't repurchase Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfecter. I need a little more coverage, I think I'll stick to FitMe.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ccorrechet

it gives a nice light to medium coverage, i definitely see a difference in my pores when i where this, it blurs them out like the product claims to do. this is a wonderful product for the summer time and maybe even for winter if you live in Florida like i do. deff. worth a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I deffinately like this one out of the three "BB CREAMS" that Garnier, L'oreal, and Maybelline, have put out. This one has more of a coverage I like without being actaul makeup, and it really feels nice. (except the really hot and humid days it melted right off) But all in all this one I'll buy again for my lazy days!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by SmoochySatan

Well i gave the sample a go and since my face sometimes is very oily this time i gave it a go and i loved it. It makes me look natural though since when i blush my cheeks turn red i didn't like that since u could notice i was red.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by candiedlilac

I tried a sample of this and I loved it (light/medium). I dislike powder and heavy foundations and I've always had an issue finding drugstore products that are not too pink/orange toned. The BB cream was extremely natural looking but provided better coverage than a tinted moisturizer. You would still probably want to use concealer if you have blemishes, but I DEFINITELY recommend replacing foundation with this stuff as it is healthier for the skin and only about $8.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kat123enh

I used a sample of this from 17 magazine. I have oily to combination skin and this made my face so oily!! Not sure if it's because the color is too light for me because in pictures, this made my face look like it was packed with powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by CCgirl

Not a good experience. On my skin it seemed fine, but I have sensitive skin so it burned going on. Also, it smells like something horrible. It doesn't brighten your skin tone, and it looks thick along the side of your face. Not buying again, yuck.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by PicturePerfect0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love everything that's Maybelline! The Medium/Deep goes perfectly with my skin, it made it look softer, brighter,blurred my acne mark but gentle enough to still see my moles. It didn't cause me to break out like L'oreal's bb cream either.