April 19, 2014 | 1760 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by racheslor

I originally loved this product- but then wearing it for several days, i noticed it made my pores really obvious! It's cakey and highlights your imperfections. When I get greasy throughout the day, it highlights my pores and made them more obvious. Don't purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so in LOVE with this foundation.
About a week ago, I was at the drugstore and I spotted this beauty. At first, I thought it was crap. I didn't even look twice. I assumed that it wouldn't work just because it was a drugstore foundation.

I should say that i'm a total HE makeup snop. I'll admit that. I can't live without my expensive makeup, but I also make it a point to buy some good quality makeup from the local drugstore here and there.

Anyway, today my friend called me saying that she bought this and that her skin looked amazing, and when she showed me a picture I just had to get it. She has seriously acne prone skin and dark marks, her face looked photoshoped. It was so " My skin, but so much better" that I was convinced.

When applied, it's a DREAM. It's creamy and so easy to blend. I left my skin feeling like I wasn't wearing makeup at all. It wasn't fully matte...more semi-matte, in my opinion. The coverage was fabulous. The first layer ( applied with beauty blender ) gave me Medium coverage. I layered it up again, and by the second time smoothing it into my face, I looked like there was never a flaw in the first place. It was seriously that good. My pores vanished, my redness evened into nothing, and the few blemishes I had were gone. It's like I just bought a jar of gorgeous. I'm seriously going to buy back-ups. I just adore the formula and the finish it gives me.

It lasted all day long in the Texas heat, and never emphasized my icky parts. I didn't look oily in the least. In fact, I looked as though I just applied it.

There isn't a scent, it's very easy to apply, and the jar looks nice on my vanity.
I couldn't ask for more. If this stuff get's discontinued, I might just die. I've finally found the perfect foundation for my combination senseitve skin.

THANK YOU REVLON!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

***UPDATE 12/31/12 Still obsessed, went thru summer & now Im well into CAs version of winter and still amazing. I dont use a primer, I just use my sunscreen as my primer. Ive also heard some spray MAC Fix+ on face as their primer. I use my new Sigma face brush, and i get a flawless look ALL day. No powder to set my fave bc they all make me oily or breakout, still on the hunt. I do set my underye concealer with BE well rested. Oh and I just ran out of this stuff. Getting 1 tomorrow. :) Great great product!!
***UPDATE*** Still loving this stuff! No breakouts or clogged pores. Adore it!!! :)
Ive tried this on 3 times already. So Im not completely sold on this yet bc i do have sensitive, acne & clog prone, pretty oily skin. I use my sunscreen(elta md) then my primer(fyrinnae) then this with my fingers. Im loving this stuff so far! My sensitive skin would have already had a reaction to it, so thats good. Just wanna make sure acne & clogging dont happen now. It is super muggy out these past few days, so Im really putting it to the test. I wore it for about 7 hrs yesterday @ Sea World, muggy/humid, rainy and down by the ocean as well. Held up like a dream. Only my nose was a lil shiny when i looked in the mirror at home. I do have a dewy kinda look after a couple hrs, but nothing oily looking @ all. Def. approve so far & really hope this works for me.
I was in love with MUFE Mat Velvet+, but not this past summer. Oily as can be. So I was actually using the regular Colorstay oily/combo, but it was a lil heavy for my summer liking & really didnt fight my oil quite like the whipped is! Its a lighter feeling yet has medium-buildable coverage IMO. Im NC25-30 @ my lightest, but since I have a lil color right now Im using Medium Beige & its a perfect fit right now. The jar has already been dropped, but no breaking or cracking(yet) so not crazy about it, but it works with the thickness of this fdtn. So im actually fine with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I sadly had to toss this one. I put asside my bias against jar packaging (which I find terribly unsanitary), because of the rave reviews, but the performance of this was just attrocious on my skin.

This has a bizarre texture, which someone on a beauty blog describes as being like half-molton icecream. It smells like plastic and something else awful that I can't put my finger on, and it accentuates pores, flakes and bumps like NOTHING else. My skin was in better condition than it had been in years, and it still did this.

Sad to say, after about 5 tries over different combos of moisturisers, naked skin, and sunscreens with no improvement, this one just went in the trash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I have dry skin during the winter and oily/combo during the summer along my t-zone. I also have VERY sensitive/acne prone skin.This product is fairly new and I've seen many reviews about this over youtube and on MUA. I sure did my research before I made the purchase. The price itself ranges from 10.99+ (Walmart has this at its lowest price). I wanted a foundation that was long lasting and saw that it marked "24 hours". Even though, I do not wear makeup for that long, I've been trying to find something long lasting. I work 12 hour shifts and with my other foundations, it starts to fade after 6 hours. When putting this on, it looks sorta pink on my yellowish undertone skin. I bought this in 320 warm golden (I wear mac nc 35/37, c4). While putting it on, it looks a little off but the foundation oxidizes into my skin and matches pretty well. The foundation itself feels like heavy duty whipped cream, so no matter how little of a product you use, it'll feel thick between your fingers BUT because it being so thick, I don't use as much for coverage. It's a full coverage foundation and blends into my skin nicely! I use a foundation brush and take my time putting it on in sections on my face, then using a kabuki brush/flat top brush, I would blend it in. It dries pretty quick, so take your time with it!! I do like the glass container but it would be hard to travel with this, as it is so bulky. Also you get less product in the jar as compared to the regular generic 1fl oz. I feel that it's pricy because of the jar itself...oh well! All in all, I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not many items provoke a necessity to write a review but I couldn't help myself concerning this foundation. I will probably be purchasing this for quite some time to come

Coverage: in my experience, it offers a medium coverage that is definitely build-able. HOWEVER, I am not aware of how much coverage I require but I don't believe it is a lot. My skin doesn't require much to even the tone- I use MAC's Fortified Skin Enhancer as foundation on good days if that gives you any reference for how much coverage I actually need. So I find the coverage of this product to be perfect for a more "done up look"

Texture/Consistency: I'm a fan. It blends well on my skin and the color I use, Buff, matches me almost perfectly, (NC15 - 20 depending on the product). Staying power is amazing- again I have relatively well behaved skin when it comes to consistency, not super oily and not super dry, except in the winter months which I have yet to deal with this product in cold weather. But as far as humid heated atmospheres it holds it's own on my face.

CONS: I only gave this product 4 lippies because of three things- one yes is the packaging. My skin although well behaved and clear, will react on a moments notice to the smallest of irritants. Having jar packaging, even though I'm the only one using it, in doors, it is still susceptible to contaminants that could create a negative reaction. I once had atopic derm on my eye lids from hair spray landing on my eyeshadow. Yes Yes I know "Just keep your products sealed before doing your hair" which is common sense, but life happens, some times you're in a hurry, forget, etc. The variables are many in number so Don't care for the jar.

No SPF. I'm OCD about the sun. I wear sunscreen just for the drive from home to work... seriously. No SPF requires me to apply more products to my face. This isn't a HUGE down fall though so it's not so much as a con/complaints as it is something that would make this stuff the total package.

My last qualm here and THIS IS WEIRD, I know... I have worn the product several times so I know it's the foundation, but as I go about my day and the foundation settles into my skin and begins to, um, I don't know- migrate??- I get the nastiest metallic taste in my mouth. I know- weird. so pretty much I just have to be careful to avoid placing this too close to my mouth. (And no I'm not applying it directly to my lips or upper lip or anything)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I tried this from two samples I obtained at a store. It is thick and dry but does not offer much coverage unless applied heavily. It did conceal pores well. It reminds me of the old Pan Stick in a non-stick form. It might be fine for some skin but not for me. Also, I am concerned about its high level of dimethicone and my acne-prone skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My biggest complaint with this foundation is the shade selection. I'm an NC25 with a yellow undertone. I referenced the reviews here and decided 200 Sand Beige would be the best match. It is decent...and after reading the reviews, I don't think I'll get a better match until they add more shades. I'm hoping they do, because Sand Beige does not have enough of a yellow tone. It has a neutral, kind of ashy undertone. It's about the right intensity: a little bit light, but I'm sure that Warm Golden would be too dark for me. If you're not quite NC30 with warm undertones, there is no great match. And it's quite hard to find a shade anyway due to the thickness of the container.

Speaking of which, I think the packaging looks nice. And actually, while it's much less sanitary than a pump, I prefer the jar to a bottle without a pump because you have control in measuring out the amount of product you need. Just use a spatula, a cotton swab or a flat foundation brush that you use only to transfer the product. Then just blend with your hands or brush of choice. The only thing I dislike is that it's really not portable, so if I were staying away from home I would bring along a different foundation.

The formula itself is really nice. It feels creamy and satin-y. The coverage is medium, not too light but not full either. It gives an air brushed look but I did need to use a little bit of concealer. The finish is matte but not as cakey as the Colorstay formula, which never really worked for me. This made it through a hot 10 hour day with just a minimal amount of shine. I should note that I have combination/oily skin and I used Studio Fix powder but no primer. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the truth is that I probably won't repurchase unless they expand the shade selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by yzajay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this ! Only used it twice but it honestly is a really good foundation. For some reason revlon tends to have really dull color payoff but as the hours pass and if you do your makeup correctly then it will look perfect. The coverage is amazing. Not to fond of the packaging though. The scent isnt too harsh but it doesnt bother me. i have not tried it for 24 hours so i'm not sure if thats true. I have extremelly oil skin and when i set this it gives me a nice dewy glow after about 8 hours which is fine in my opinion cause my makeup looks gorgeous. i love it and i will repurchase ! it is not for the summer though i do not reccomend it because foundation in the summer just isn't really nice looking. WAY BETTER THEN OLD COLORSTAY. old colorstay is like a damn mask and it absorbs your oil to make you look moldey and clay like. it doesnt even blend well. this beats colorstay foundation 100%%

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by YessiP

I wasn't a fan of the original Colorstay liquid foundation. It just didn't work for my skin type. I even tried the dry/normal formula. But after seeing a few reviews and raves on YouTube, I decided to try it out. I LOVE it!! It's perfect for my everyday wear to work. I, unlike most people, do not have an issue with the bulky packaging. In fact, I think it looks really nice on my makeup counter. I just don't takeut with me anywhere. The only thing I don't like is that this foundation dries to a powder finish on my skin. I usually go for a Dewey look but with my combo skin the matte doesn't look too bad. I will repurchase.