October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lmichelle

I think i would give this a 4.5 if I could. I was slightly disappointed at first because I guess I expected this to miraculously make my skin flawless. I should say that my skin is not in bad shape to start with so it doesn't need MAJOR improvements anyway. After accepting that, I am very happy I bought this. I can tell it removes my makeup much more effectively than regular washing and I love that it exfoliates gently at the same time. It definitely makes your skin soft and smooth. I was hoping it would do more to help my blackheads but it has helped lessen them I think.

I am happy I bought the Mia because I can't imagine what the full size one would offer that would be worth the bigger price tag. The magnetic charger is ingenious. Also, I do not have sensitive skin at all but the Mia came with the "sensitive" brush head and I am happy with it. The "normal" brush might be too rough. Overall I am happy I made this investment. It is a quality tool that will be valuable to me now and even more so as my skin ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous results. Saw the difference from the first use, and I take good care of my skin. I like that I can use it in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the purple one when this was the Today's Special Value on QVC for $120. I had been having a lot of problems with acne for a couple months before I bought this and this helped quite a bit. I don't break out nearly as bad now, and when I do the blemishes heal a lot more quickly. This really helped the most with blackheads and my skin tone though. I use it at night before bed with my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control cleanser and then follow with witch hazel as a toner (no makeup residue on my cotton ball ever by the way so you know it really cleans). It's expensive but I really recommend this.

EDIT 7/31/10: I'm breaking out really bad again and I think using this is just aggravating it. I'm going to have to go back to the derm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this once a day in the shower before heading to bed. It leaves my skin feeling soft and when I first started using this, I could see by the color on the brush that dirt, makeup, and old skin cells were being removed. After continuous use of this for 2 weeks, the brush is no longer as colored as it was when I first started using it. I normally wipe my face with a make up removal cloth before going into the shower to assure that my skin is getting thoroughly cleaned. This is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Regular price is $146 at Sephora. This is the mini version of the original. It only has 1 speed setting and goes on for 30 seconds, but you can turn it on again if you want. The brush head that I got is for sensitive skin, it comes with gentle cleanser for sensitive skin also and a charger.
I've been using this for just a week now, and my skin looks and feels better. I've been wanting this for so long but thinking it's pricey...I never knew this is going to be worth it.
It really does make a difference. I use it twice a day (morning and night). You don't have to use their cleansers, any cleanser that works for you will do.
Just avoid using it together with any exfoliating products, because this already exfoliates your skin. Using too much exfoliation will only do harm on your skin. If you want to use exfoliating products, use that then skip using Clarisonic and do it the next day instead.
If you're wearing eye make up, remove it with eye make up remover before using Clarisonic. And also, don't push too hard on your brush thinking it'll clean better, I tell you, lighter is better. Just move it in circular motion and that is good enough.
Overall, this is worth the buy and effort adding it to my daily skincare routine :) You shoulg give it a try. My husband keeps on complimenting me with my skin w/o make up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Evets

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have good skin genes..both mom and dad had nice clear skin and retain an appearance of being years younger than actually. That aside, I have sensitive skin which is starting to show sun damage in the form of thinning, discoloration/spotting, and enlarged pores in the nasal area. .I got the Mia because of its smaller size and smaller price. I was good with the sensitive brush, then switched...I may go back to the sensitive.But basically it has improved the clarity and made skin very smooth. I am having some issues with little fatty bumps and this is seeming to improve as well. I cannot overstimulate my skin or I get rosacea redness.I believe using the sensitive brush will prevent trouble. I think I will save on different exfoliation products. I can't use aha or retinol so this can be my effective beauty secret! QVC does give the try for 30 days and easy pay which made the decision for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by meickmeier

was amazing!!! clears pores and also makes them look smaller. A bit expensive to buy first off , but sooo worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i waited to buy this, i don't know why. It was a value of the day on QVC but it was on sale www.aspenleafspa.com. I saw it on youtube. Anyway the product is great!! made my skin super smooth and i've had it a week. No way do you need the next one up. For your face, the Mia is perfect. I used my philosophy daily microdelivery, scrub is so gentle its ok. You have to remove your eye make up first but i love it so far. My skin feels smooth, especially my neck. Its so great!!!
I need to add...when watching QVC, the host was talking about using the Philosophy daily microdelivery. Its NOT abrasive at all. My skin is not sensitive but it feels great I use it in the morning when skin is somewhat clean before makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Complete life changing product!! Obviously with all my reviews I have tried a great deal of products-I am always battling acne, clogged pores and fine lines. Enter the Mia- I have been using this just every other day since December and I feel soo happy.. Not one cyst pimple, blackheads pretty much cleared-occassional tiny (poppable) white head if I use too much sunscreen. My products seem to penetrate better and more even skin tone.. I debated on the original sysem or the Mia and after a lot of reviews I thought the Mia would be easier for me. I have no regrets. Works great (though it is only a minute cycle-but you can do it 2x if you like) Easy to travel with and its small and easy to use in the shower etc. I dont want to be without it! Yes the replacement heads are $$ but check out ebay for deals. Honestly I feel like I dont spend $$ on products that dont deliver.. This is the best.....UPDATE>> I really dont know how I will ever live without this..After years of battling adult acne I can finally say I am completely clear even my unpredicatable hormonal chin is not clogged up anymore! And this is saying it with confidence after one year of using this. I am soo thankful and happy-this product alone has completely changed my skin for the better. Worth every penny-the way you clean your skin is important. And my skin is much happier with this than a harsh abrasive scrub or tons of irritating retinols. I use this and Purity and though I may dabble with moisturizers and serums this and Purity are my mainstays-Even my derm sells Clarisonics now-Life changing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those products I wish existed back when I was in high school and didn't think my battle with stubborn acne would ever end. Luckily in recent years I found a skincare routine that worked with my skin and got it consistently clear, but it wasn't until I started using the Mia that I realized it could get even better than that. I surprise myself frequently when I glance in the mirror in different light and think, WHOA, that thing really works! My skin is so much smoother and more even-toned. Breakouts are nonexistent, though I did have a little bit of purging when I first started using it -- nothing major. You can get replacement brush heads from Sephora in a two-pack for $40 (instead of $25 for one). I just stocked up during their 15% BI sale, so I'm set for a while. So glad I tried this product. Wish I had done it sooner!