BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 2/4/2008 11:04:00 PM

This bronzer is great because its brown, not orangey and it looks natural. It lasts me a year with everyday use so you definitely get your money's worth. I really don't like the packaging, though. It comes in a little box with a rough little brush that's supposed to look like a hoola skirt or something. I just throw that away and use a normal bronzer brush.

on 2/4/2008 6:44:00 AM

If you want faking a vacation, Hoola could be the product for you!! I got this beacuse I found it inside the Powder Pop palette. I'm so in love w/Hoola, it gives me that “something” I was looking for. The color applies well, but use a light hand (that trick will avoid the mess). Fun product overall: no shimmer and very cute packaging. In a few words, perfect if bronzing powder is your thing.
For reference: MAC NW25, Stila C and MUFE # 3 here.

on 1/26/2008 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this bronzer! This is a TRUE brown bronzer. No orange or red tones at all! It's a matte bronzer with zero shimmer, glitter, sparkles. The packaging is nice as it comes in it's little cute purple box with a brush. In my opinion, opt for a big face brush to apply this bronzer. The brush this bronzer comes with doesn't really apply that well. Also, use a LIGHT hand when applying this bronzer.

I do have to agree with a couple of reviews below that this bronzer won't look good as a blush for the cheeks, it'll look muddy. I normally apply this on my forehead, jawline, hairline. I also like to use this underneath my cheekbones slightly to create a contour. Then, I apply a blush or highlighter on top to top the effect.

Lighter skin toned people might want to try this bronzer out first before buying it. It's not a light bronzer, but it's one of the bronzers I've tried (along with Bare Escentuals' Faux Tan) that really gave the true color of a tan. The price is $28 now I believe...a little steep, so test it out before buying it!

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

on 1/24/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS BRONZER! The best bronzer i have EVER used! And i've tried so many. It's a perfect/realistic brown color...no nasty weird orange. Really compliments my complexion. No shimmer what so ever which i like (id rather use a seperate illuminizer or somethin' to get shimmer). I can layer it and it won't get guncky or dirty looking. I use this stuff everyday (HG status right here). The packaging is soooo cute and i actually use the little brush that comes with it every once in a while. Love it* will continue to buy as long as it's around (forever i hope).

UPDATE:: I have strayed a couple of times but this bronzer is an A-lister all the way. It is just PERFECT!!! Run and get this ladies!!!

on 1/21/2008 6:09:00 PM

This is a great daytime bronzer for me because unlike other bronzers, it doesn't have shimmer. Makes my skin look nice and healthy. I find the brush included quite easy to use. For nighttime, I'd prefer a shimmery bronzer like Laura Mercier's Golden Mosaic.

on 1/15/2008 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this a while ago and ditched it in favor of Mac bronzing powder in golden. However, after doing a clear out, I rediscovered it and decided to give it a whirl. This is not the type of bronzer that you can use on your cheeks like a blusher. It make them look muddy. I find the best thing to do with this, is use big brush (i use mac 150, and it fits in the box fine) pat off the excess and sweep lightly all over the face. If you do it this way, you'll end up with a subtle hint of color. I actually quite like the box, I know there isn't a mirror in it or anything, but its a bit different to other make-up packaging. Overall, I'd buy this again but I do think its a bit on the pricey side (like most Benefit stuff) :-)

on 1/15/2008 3:40:00 AM

This just did not work at all. I must have been out of my mind when I bought this.

It was too dark and too matte for my skin, which is fair. It also didn't blend at all. No matter how light a hand I used, it looked like I had just rubbed my face in dirt.

On the upside: I love Benefit's packaging. Also, the brush it comes with is actually useable, which is a rarity, even with more expensive products.

on 1/7/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I tried my friend's and I was looking for a bronzer and I liked it when I tried it. It's good for oily skin because it doesn't have the added shimmer and my skin gives a natural shimmer later on. I have naturally tan skin and this looks good on tan skin, but in the winter I've gotten paler and now it doesn't look as natural; it actually makes my skin look muddy and uneven! The packaging while cute it annoying since I don't like the brush that it comes with and the deep box which makes application a bit annoying. Also, is it just me and the one I got, but I really don't like the smell of the bronzer or the cardboard or whatever the heck it is. It smells bad. I'm not going to repurchase because it's a bit pricey for what it is and it smells horrible.

on 1/3/2008 8:24:00 AM

I really love the whole idea of hoola and the colour in the pan is the perfect bronze. However, my skin is way too fair to just apply it like I would dandelion. However, I can get it to work if I take a large blusher brush and tap off a lot of the excess powder and dust lightly on my cheeks.Its a nice bronze because its not orangy like so many other bronzers are. This one is a browny, glowy one and it can work with lighter skin tones, just be really careful and apply it in natural light. Also, I would recommend ditching the brush that it comes with as it gives a streaky look.

**edit**OOOO So I tried this lightly with dandelion on top and I love love love!!!Made my fair skin look so healthy!!!!

I was hoping this would be the bronzer I was looking for, but unfortunately, on my fair skin, it does look abit much. I had fake tan on last week, and i made the mistake of putting it on after moon beam, so it clung to it, and it did look a tad too dark, but it seemed to blend in so maybe i just wasnt used to seeing myself look so dark. I will probably use it more, and may take the advice of mixing it with dandelion.

Popular Bronzers