BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 12/5/2007 5:17:00 AM

Amazing, amazing, amazing bronzer.

I never thought I would come accross you, perfect-bronzer-without-shimmer-that-actually-doesn't-turn-orange-on-my-face-by-midday.

And omg @ how it makes my cheekbones pop!

*love struck sigh*

OH and btw - I am currently on the prowl for a very pale pink but highly pigmented blush that I could pair this up with. Please do have a look at my pics and MUA-mail me a recommendation, I will luuurve you forever!

on 12/2/2007 6:10:00 PM

I am pretty sure I have tried every bronzer created. I was on a quest for the perfect one, since I have dark hair and eyes I look like a zombie if I don't have some color on my cheeks. Honestly, this is my favorite--you just have to apply it lightly. I have used expensive ones (everything from Armani and Nars) to drugstore brands, and this is my number one. I use a japanesque brush and apply it up my cheekbones and on my forehead. I love that it is a matte formula (sparkles make me feel too much like a showgirl). If you have my same color combination, I really recommend this.

on 11/20/2007 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wouldn't advise people on the dark side to try this cause it really looks like dirt on me and my skin is not that dark at all but it still looks horrible.

on 11/19/2007 11:54:00 PM

Generally, and not to sound...you know....but I do okay with Bronzers. I don't hate Hoola, but it isn't especially flattering on me, either mixed with other colors or on it's own.

It lacks all shimmer and that is a huge draw for me, but it looks a bit muddy on my face after a couple of hours and doesn't really create that "lit from within" that I seek endlessly.

I admit much of the initial attraction was the box, as with all of their cute boxed blushes, but I now see that it makes it harder for me to get a real bronzer brush in there without picking up too much powder. ( for though the brush that comes with it is cute and all....it's not that terrific for real application, but fine for touchups)

Still I keep experimenting with this ( for months now) I reach for it very rarely, but will not give up. Although sadly this bronzer is obviously not for me.

I have golden, freckles skin , light blonde hair, and green eyes.

on 11/17/2007 10:39:00 PM

Love this. I use this everyday to accentuate my cheekbones. I brush Dallas right on my cheekbones. Wow, what a combo....

on 11/16/2007 2:16:00 PM

Borrowed this from my sister for a while and really, I was reticent to give it back! When used sparingly and strategically, this is hands down one of the most natural bronzers on the market. Its a bit easy to use too much though, and that can be VERY unflattering in some lights just because its *so* matt. Tends to work best on me with cream blushes and highlighter, for this very reason.

on 11/11/2007 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I dont know why this product does not have a higher rating....it really works good. Usually I wear cover-up and then a bronzer over it, but with this product I can just wear it alone and my face looks FLAWLESS. I would def. recommend this product to anyone.

on 11/6/2007 7:39:00 PM

I love this bronzer. I have pale skin and this gives a natural color to my skin as long as I apply it with a light touch. I like that there is no glitter or shimmer in this product and the color doesn't have any orange in it. I use it on my cheekbones and my forehead and it really wakes up my complexion. I always follow with a pop of blush on the apples of my cheeks. I'm still using the first package I purchased so I am finding that there is a lot of product. When I do run out, I will certainly repurchase.

on 11/6/2007 1:12:00 PM

blush is the most important beauty product for me, & ive been repurchasing hoola for about 3 years. i dont know why it doesnt have a higher rating on here. it's perfect for about any complexion i feel, as i have pale skin & ive made it work. i understand how some people have said it can go on "dirty" or make you look bruised; you just have to play with it, maybe use a different applicator brush, et cetera. regardless, it's well worth it's price for what it achieves.

on 10/23/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is quite expensive, the type of product i would want but not be able to justify spending the money on. Luckily for me i got bought it as a gift. The packaging was lovely- and looks good in my room. Not that all i do with my make-up is display it! Having first tried it i was impressed with its mattness. I am not a fan of shimmery bronzers at all and find they just look tacky on me. I prefer to just use a little highlighter after instead. The brush it came with was not the best to use and i found using your own brush provided much better results. The bronzer itself was okay. Not the best i have tried. I found that it could be quite dirty looking if you put it on badly or haven't put your make-up on underneath very well. I just needed a touch as it was quite dark on me. The tone was nice, and not too orangey which was also good. I found it defined my cheekbones nicely when i sweeped a little under them.

Popular Bronzers