Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/19/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this stuff. It's quite pricey IMO, but I still love it.
I don't have particularly oily skin - but my lids always crease without a primer and this works like magic. I can wear make up all day and have no problems.

on 4/19/2010 1:27:00 PM

I like this better than UDPP, but alas, it still falls short. I have lids that can be a tad dry in the morning, but are usually oily by midday. I'm 31 years old and don't feel I have any great amount of eyelid "wrinkling," however, shadows still look prettier without this primer, which does slightly emphasize any tiny bit of uneveness / crepiness I have. That being said, it does prevent creasing, so I'm giving it a solid "3" as it does work - just not how I'd like it to. Thumbs up on the packaging for this one: easy to dispense just the right amount.

on 4/16/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love Too Faced Shadow Insurance! This product is comparable to UDPP, but in my opinion -- much better. The product is just as good as UDPP, but the packaging is SO much better! Imagine not having to cut a tube open in order to get all the product out! It's great :)

on 4/15/2010 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I will be honest and say at first, when i purchased this product, it worked wonders! the consistency was great, my shadow did not crease. I was in love. Until one day, when i went to use it, some oil came out along with the actual product. I did not pay it any mind, and continued to use it for a few days, then after a while, i began to notice my shadow had creased. Then not to long after the stain power of my shadow was disappearing and soon enough, i had enough. Above all, this product was great in the beginning, but it really disappointed me in the end :(

on 4/14/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

After years of using Urban Decay Primer Potion, I finally became fed up with the impractical packaging and switched over to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The quality of this product is great. The texture of the primer is really nice. It's silky and smooth without feeling greasy. A little goes a long way, so this tube will definitely last me a long time. It sets in about a minute so you don't have to wait long to put your eye make-up on after applying this. Just a small amount makes the color of my eyeshadow on my eyes truer to the color in the pot. For me it had lasted up to 18 hours without creasing, and maybe would have lasted even longer if I hadn't wiped of my make-up and went to bed. I don't know if I'd say that this product is any better or worse than Urban Decay Primer Potion, they're both great, but I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance because of the packaging. You can get all the product out without cutting open the bottle so you get your money's worth without all of the work. Also being able to squeeze the product out of a tube is more sanitary than using the same wand and dipping it in the bottle over and over again. It's not expensive or cheap compared to other primers of its caliber. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my HG primer and I highly recommend it.

on 4/14/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love the packaging of this product versus UD but unfortunately after a few hours my oily lids start to crease. I really wanted this to work because of the convenient tube but I have to use U.D. if I'll be wearing shadow for more than 4hrs.

on 4/14/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think this is a great primer. I've tried most primers both DS and H/E and this seems to be the only one that does a great job of stopping my very oily lids from creasing.

I don't feel that it does a great job of making colors more vibrant. However, my concern is that the shadow doesn't just wash away, and doesn't crease throughout the day.

You can get a mini of this at ULTA for $8 - I recc that if you want to try it out without committing to the $17 for full size.

on 4/10/2010 1:02:00 AM

I love the packaging on this product, as compared to UDPP. It works well and doesn't crease. I have somewhat dry oily eyelids. Since I'm Asian, my eye crease isn't that pronounced, so eyeshadows tend to crease. But not this one!

on 4/10/2010 12:40:00 AM

Love this eyeshadow primer! I'm a table games dealer and I look down at the table and cards at work so I need my eye makeup to look fresh and beautiful all night and this stuff works! I also wear it alone sometime for a nice clean neutral natural look. I don't really like the smell though and sometimes it comes out watery like ketchup when you don't shake it before squeezing.

on 4/10/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for a week and love it. I was using UDPP and decided not to re-purchase because of the packaging. I loathe it...and I refuse to risk cutting off a hand trying to split the bottle open to get what I figure is $8 dollars worth of product that will go to waste because of the silly packaging. Anyway, Too Faced Shadow Insurance gets the job done, my shadows stay put until I remove my makeup, and that's a good 15-16 hours later from when I applied it. I will definitely repurchase this product over and over. Highly recommend. Oh...and there is NO creasing!