Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/4/2010 11:05:00 PM

I have very oily lids and whilst I don't usually wear eyeshadows, I do use eyeliner and this has made it lasts without smudging or giving me panda eyes. I would usually apply my make up around 7am each day and would get home around 7 or 8pm so a good 12 hrs or so and everything is still in place.

It's around AUD$35 and a word of warning for anyone who is tempted to apply this under your concealer (as the Kit MUA suggested), DO NOT DO THIS!! I tried this once and it was an absolute disaster, the primer solidified the concealer after a few minutes and made it lighter and pretty much hightlighted the area in an incredibly horrendous way. I had to take all my make up off start over again. Also, not sure if this correct but the MUA also said that the expiry date is 3 months from when it's first opened. As the tube is fairly small and I've been using it everyday, hopefully it should last before then.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and this primer makes up eyeshadow last all day! I'm really impressed with the results and how long this primer lasts. The only problem I have is the formula tends to separate, so parts of it may seem watery. I haven't noticed that lately when I've used this primer though. I definitely recommend this to anyone with creasing issues like I do.

on 4/4/2010 6:33:00 PM

I bought this and UDPP to see which one is better. I definitely like this packaging better, but the actual product was so-so. I liked how it makes e/s last longer but because I have asian eyes my shadow still creases in my fold (I don't think any primer will help with that!). What I really didn't like about it was that after some time, the product starts separating - the 'cream' part would be kind of mushy and oil squirts out. I tried shaking it a few times but it would still come out like that.
Besides the separating of the product and the cost, I like how it wasn't drying and that it comes in a tube. But I'll probably won't repurchase and find another primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't used the UDPP, but I remember pick Two Face over that because the eye shadow color showed up more vibrant than compared to the UDPP. I don't use this regularly, only when I know I'm out all day. Although, I do see a difference on the days that I forget to use it. I do have to say that it does start to crease after 8 hours, but I think it works even better if you have less oily lids. I think next time I will try the UDPP, but I will definitely repurchase this too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome! I have oily skin and my eyelids especially get oily but Shadow Insurance makes my eyeshadow and liquid liner stay put all day and night! I can't say enough about it. :-)

on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM

Wonderful primer! I have oily lids and this is most definately one of the best primers out there. The only problem I have with it is that it should be in a pot...however the packaging is still waay better than UDPP.

on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have got pretty oily eyelids, but this product really works for me. It doesn't last all day long. but deffinitly an entire school day wich works for me. the packaging (my english isn't very good, sorry :)) is very good. the product won't dry out fast in the tube.
the colors look really pretty and do look nicer.
overall I really like the product but I wish the shadow would crease a little later. but it does last around 9-10 hours

on 3/27/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought it to have an alternative to my UDPP, but it was a mistake. Not impressed at all. Although I am usind Too Faced eye shadows, this primer does not help in any way. I am sticking to Urban Decay primer.

on 3/23/2010 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I decided to try this because I'm not totally enamored with UDPP. I only received a sample at Sephora.

This primer doesn't work for me. I wore it a full day last Saturday and my eyelids were an oily mess by the end of the day. Maybe worse than if I hadn't used primer at all. My eyeshadow had creased and drifted off.

It's really too bad, because I wanted to love this product.

on 3/23/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I actually bought this before Urban Decay Primer Potion, i think it is more expensive then UDPP, but i did not like it at all. I found it made my eyeshadows harder to blend out. I will say the packaging is way better then UDPP but i don`t like the product.