Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/10/2010 12:40:00 AM

Love this eyeshadow primer! I'm a table games dealer and I look down at the table and cards at work so I need my eye makeup to look fresh and beautiful all night and this stuff works! I also wear it alone sometime for a nice clean neutral natural look. I don't really like the smell though and sometimes it comes out watery like ketchup when you don't shake it before squeezing.

on 4/10/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for a week and love it. I was using UDPP and decided not to re-purchase because of the packaging. I loathe it...and I refuse to risk cutting off a hand trying to split the bottle open to get what I figure is $8 dollars worth of product that will go to waste because of the silly packaging. Anyway, Too Faced Shadow Insurance gets the job done, my shadows stay put until I remove my makeup, and that's a good 15-16 hours later from when I applied it. I will definitely repurchase this product over and over. Highly recommend. Oh...and there is NO creasing!

on 4/9/2010 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

-For me, this product outlasted Urban Decay's Primer Potion
-I have oily lids and this keeps my shadow in place all day
-Packaging surpasses UD, this is a tube vs. doe footed bottle
-Works for eyeliner top and bottom
-Cost is $17 for .35oz vs. UD $18 .34 and can't easily reach all the product
-Sheer nude color

I have oily lids and SI works well for me. Before my eyeshadow used to crease after a couple of hours but now that I use this primer it stays in place all day. Although for some reason my eyeshadow does crease a little sometimes, but maybe it is because I don't apply enough product.
Overall, I am very pleased with TFSI

on 4/9/2010 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i've never actually bought urban decay primer potion, but have used a lot of samples. based on my experiences with UD, i thought i didn't actually need an eyeshadow primer.

this stuff is almost scary to use. you put it on your eyes, apply your eye makeup, and thereafter your eye makeup looks almost exactly like it did when you applied it in the morning.

the thing i don't like is that it definitely necessitates an oil-based eye makeup remover. normally i can get away with swiping one of those ponds towelettes over my face at night, but there's no way one of those ponds towelettes would take my makeup off after using this stuff. not even exaggerating a little bit!

whoever does their marketing and decided that they should give out maxi-sized samples with sephora orders should get a huge raise! you've effectively created a sort of make-up crack-cocaine. i imagine tons of women will not want to be without this product after trying it. fully intending on buying a full-size after i use up my sample (which could take ages.)

oh and the PACKAGING! i love the very-small applicator tip as it allows you to get out just enough product for both eyes and no more. much more efficient than the UD primer potion packaging!

on 4/9/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was previously using Urban Decay Primer Potion before I got to try this. I like this much better! It's easier to blend around the eye area and the consistency is softer than Urban Decay. It makes my eyesshadow and eyeliner glide on smoothly. Cheaper and better than UDPP. Also, the packaging is in a tube, so the product is always clean.

on 4/8/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and four hours after I've applied my eye makeup I find it has creased and come off. I had given up even wearing eye shadow as the effect never lasted and I had to reapply often. Even liquid eyeliners would start to leave a mark above my crease.

I thought I'd try an eye primer and wanted Urban Decay's, but it was out of stock at my local makeup store and gave TFSI a try instead. A month later and I am so impressed! Even when I'm in hot, sticky equatorial countries my makeup goes on in the morning and is still there over twelve hours later whilst the rest of my face is covered in oil.

A small dab with fingertips left to dry, a dusting of pressed powder and then my eye makeup. A lippie off because I have to wait for it to dry and makeup has to be layered on and blended well. The tube packaging is hygienic (unlike UD) but there's not much of it. To be fair though a little goes a long way and for this the price is reasonable. I'd definitely recommend this and buy again.

on 4/4/2010 11:05:00 PM

I have very oily lids and whilst I don't usually wear eyeshadows, I do use eyeliner and this has made it lasts without smudging or giving me panda eyes. I would usually apply my make up around 7am each day and would get home around 7 or 8pm so a good 12 hrs or so and everything is still in place.

It's around AUD$35 and a word of warning for anyone who is tempted to apply this under your concealer (as the Kit MUA suggested), DO NOT DO THIS!! I tried this once and it was an absolute disaster, the primer solidified the concealer after a few minutes and made it lighter and pretty much hightlighted the area in an incredibly horrendous way. I had to take all my make up off start over again. Also, not sure if this correct but the MUA also said that the expiry date is 3 months from when it's first opened. As the tube is fairly small and I've been using it everyday, hopefully it should last before then.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and this primer makes up eyeshadow last all day! I'm really impressed with the results and how long this primer lasts. The only problem I have is the formula tends to separate, so parts of it may seem watery. I haven't noticed that lately when I've used this primer though. I definitely recommend this to anyone with creasing issues like I do.

on 4/4/2010 6:33:00 PM

I bought this and UDPP to see which one is better. I definitely like this packaging better, but the actual product was so-so. I liked how it makes e/s last longer but because I have asian eyes my shadow still creases in my fold (I don't think any primer will help with that!). What I really didn't like about it was that after some time, the product starts separating - the 'cream' part would be kind of mushy and oil squirts out. I tried shaking it a few times but it would still come out like that.
Besides the separating of the product and the cost, I like how it wasn't drying and that it comes in a tube. But I'll probably won't repurchase and find another primer.