Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 AM

I am a Avon rep so i have used most of the differnt Avon mascaras.This is my all time fave!! The brush is huge and that may be a issue if you have small eyes but it has never bothered me.it makes my lashes long and full.

on 1/26/2011 1:28:00 PM

I really liked this mascara, my only criticism is the brush - it's too darn big! I rarely had a morning where I didn't get mascara on my brow bone, or my nose due to the brush. Other than that, it didn't clump, smear and made my eyelashes look longer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Would I repurchase? Yes times infinity.

Firstly, this mascara doesn't clump as long as you dont layer it too much. It definitely give volume, definition and length. I wriggle my brush so that it'll be even more volumising. This is sadly, not waterproof but it lasts the whole day so dont worry. I have oily skin but this doesn't smudge. So that's good enough. I've never liked waterproof mascara in the first place because most of them takes a lot of time to remove. Which pretty much sucks.

The price is dirt cheap for such amazing mascara. I always get compliments on my eyelashes :)

on 1/19/2011 8:35:00 AM

I can not live without this mascara! Ever since it first came out I have had to make sure I have one on the go and one spare. It has a huge brush which makes your eyelashes so long and volumous without putting the mascara on clumpily. I havent once had a bad eyelash day with this mascara. Every now and then they bring out a limited edition printed tube which is quite nice too. The mascara will make you have a false lash look and last all day. They also do this in waterproof now too.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara currently. I really like this because it adds volume to my lashes. The brush is large and somewhat difficult to use but one I got use to it it's not a problem. I will continue to but this mascara.

on 1/2/2011 1:29:00 PM

I have never been disappointed by this product. I have very long lashes, so definition and separation (without looking spidery) is important to me, and this mascara delivers. The wand is definitely bigger than most other mascara's that I've seen, but I've never had any difficulty applying on myself or others. This is my go-to mascara, and the one that recommend the most to other people.

on 11/20/2010 6:38:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used and I have tried a few. It is the closest to false lash effect you will get. I will never buy another mascara again.

on 11/16/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I love this mascara, the thick brush the large container everything. It is the best mascara I have EVER bought. I often get asked if I'm wearing false lashes and when I say no I'm begged to tell what mascara I use. for NZD$10-20 depending if it's on sale or not it's definately more bang for your buck! I used to use estee lauder. But this is my new HG. It's been my last 4 tube purchases. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The only reason I purchased this product was because my friend sells Avon and it was really cheap. Although it provides nice volume (but no length), the brush on this mascara is too large and leads to clumsy application. I cannot get it to reach the lashes at the tips of my eyes without making a bit of a mess. But I hate being wasteful, so to make do in my situation, I apply the Avon as cleanly as possible and then apply my loreal clean definition mascara to reach those end lashes and to provide length.

on 10/18/2010 2:44:00 PM

SuperSHOCK is my HG. Other than Almay, it is the only mascara I've tried that doesn't irritate my eyes. For me it thickens a lot and lengthens. It's really good at giving me the look I want because it basically poses my lashes where I want them, if that makes sense, it's also somewhat build-able. I also like that Avon does not test on animals. The packaging is fun, I like the look of the bottle and the turquoise color of the brush before you use it. Something else awesome about this mascara is that it didn't clump for many months, maybe six! It also doesn't get on my face when I cry(though I think some people have more of a problem with that because of their skin type or face shape.)I love SuperSHOCK!

The only negative I have found is if you rub your eyes, even hours after you apply the lashes will get all smashed and rubbed to the side.