April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by pureheiress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, the thick brush the large container everything. It is the best mascara I have EVER bought. I often get asked if I'm wearing false lashes and when I say no I'm begged to tell what mascara I use. for NZD$10-20 depending if it's on sale or not it's definately more bang for your buck! I used to use estee lauder. But this is my new HG. It's been my last 4 tube purchases. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason I purchased this product was because my friend sells Avon and it was really cheap. Although it provides nice volume (but no length), the brush on this mascara is too large and leads to clumsy application. I cannot get it to reach the lashes at the tips of my eyes without making a bit of a mess. But I hate being wasteful, so to make do in my situation, I apply the Avon as cleanly as possible and then apply my loreal clean definition mascara to reach those end lashes and to provide length.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by BlondOrganic

SuperSHOCK is my HG. Other than Almay, it is the only mascara I've tried that doesn't irritate my eyes. For me it thickens a lot and lengthens. It's really good at giving me the look I want because it basically poses my lashes where I want them, if that makes sense, it's also somewhat build-able. I also like that Avon does not test on animals. The packaging is fun, I like the look of the bottle and the turquoise color of the brush before you use it. Something else awesome about this mascara is that it didn't clump for many months, maybe six! It also doesn't get on my face when I cry(though I think some people have more of a problem with that because of their skin type or face shape.)I love SuperSHOCK!

The only negative I have found is if you rub your eyes, even hours after you apply the lashes will get all smashed and rubbed to the side.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lustrous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara from a friend for a dollar. It is okay... nothing spectacular. It does not add length or fullness, but it did not flatten my curled eyelashes when applied. I do not think I will use it again, as it does not seem to give me the look I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Got this in navy and I adore it!

Makes my lashes look incredibly long and didn't flake or clump.

I only paid $4.00 for this and I couldn't be more impressed!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyglasser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this once and tossed it in the trash. This mascara clumps more than any mascara i've ever used. I ended up washing it off after I put it on because it looked so bad and using another mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just supershocked at how bad it is!!!
It's one of those terribly pointless mascaras that just makes your lashes black, doesn't add length or volume.
I suppose you would call it a defining mascara? I spent ages layering it up this morning to try to get some decent lashes, but it started to go clumpy after a couple of coats. It does separate nicely I suppose, but if you stop where you get decent separation, you get basically no effect.

Anyone who likes full and soft might like it.
I think the name is very misleading. I think it should have been called superBORING!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ashhygoesrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara! It lengthens and makes my lashes look more full. Clumping is very minimal. I have only used black, but Ive been using this mascara since i was 15 and I'm going to be 21 in December :) Overall for the price of 8.50 it is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by NicoleC25

WOWOWOWOW! I am SO impressed with this mascara, i've had a lot of compliments whilst wearing it. My lashes are naturally curly so i need LENGTH and DEFINITION. this mascara achieves this without problems. The 'comb-like' wand really separates my lashes. I don't understand how other people don't like it! It's easily bulidable which i like, because some mascaras apply too thick on the 1st application. But with this one, it's just the right ammount so you can either go for a natural look or build it up to be more dramatic for going out etc. The wand is quite big but i like it, it means it covers a wider area and you don't have to do so many strokes, it does it in one big sweep! LOVE this stuff, can't you tell?? BUY IT!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Its an okay mascara. Its nothing special.

It gives me length, but no volume, so I have to apply another mascara afterwards. I think the brush is too big to get smaller lashes though.