September 17, 2014 | 2105 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kittyartig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by the idea of this foundation, since I definitely need to switch colours throughout the year. I purchased the "light" spectrum and the shades are decent for my yellow undertone. One pump was more than enough for one application. I find this foundation to feel rather heavy for the amount of coverage it offers, I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this product to match my summer, come and go, tan. Overall, I must say I'm impressed. I do notice a slight difference between 1, 3, and 5. I put this on with a foundation brush and it looks flawless. However, I have oily skin, and this doesn't exactly go well. I'm not sure if this is oil free, so I have no clue if it's helping. Anyways, I don't think the colors actually get darker, between 1 and 3, the only difference I noticed was that the 3 was beige. (I bought the Fair/Light bottle) Eh, it's not my HG but it's worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Marq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Mom loves and uses this product in Deep, shade # 5. It has a matte finish. A mix of red/yellow undertones. It has excellent coverage. And she thinks the packaging is cool! Overall, she rates this product 4 out of 5, because it's really great for every day (and even looks better as the day goes on), BUT it's not photo friendly! lol :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This foundation, as others have mentioned, is slightly overpriced for drugstore. It usually retails for $13-14, but I was at CVS yesterday, and they were having BOGOF on Revlon items, so I decided to give it a shot. To be honest, I've never had much luck with Revlon, so I was skeptical of this, especially coming back and seeing the bad reviews on here. The color I got was Fair/Light, which is the lightest color. The next color up looked way too dark in the bottle. For reference, I usually am NC20/25 in MAC. I turned this to 4, and was able to cover with one full pump. It blended into my skin pretty well, and the initial finish was matte, yet went on creamy. The coverage was medium, not able to cover my heavy undereye circles completely, but definitely lessening them. The lasting power was ok... It did slightly darken/oxidize by the afternoon, and I had to blot my oily nose around lunchtime. Overall, this reminds me a bit of Clinique Perfectly Real in texture and coverage level, as well as oil control (or lack thereof). It doesn't have the light shimmer of Perfectly Real, though, and the Revlon does have SPF protection, which is an added bonus. I am interested to try the different 'clicks' on this, despite seeing that other reviewers have not noted any significant difference. I will update if I get any pimples or breakouts w/this. So far, this has been decent, and I may repurchase if I ever used up.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by firedup904

I bought this product b/c during the summer time I tan easily and on the same token, my tan disappears easily, so having multiple colors in one jar kinda intrigued me.
    Plain and simple, this product worked for me, it covered well and looked natural on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by darkerheartx134

I saw no difference form shade #1 and shade #5. the coverage ok it covered some of my redness on my cheeks. but when pumped out the foundation feels greasy but on your face you get a matte finish but the foundtaion to me was drying. I'm happy I got this for free from a friend and not spend $13 on this. Will not repurchase. alwo the pump squirts out too little foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I threw this out after trying it several times. The coverage was terrible. I had areas on my face that were bare and areas where it clumped together. I don't have oily skin. I much prefer Max Factor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by poesha

I thought I could play with the shades and do some contouring with them. I got the light/med. one and put the lightest shade #1 on one side of my face and #5 the darkest on the other side of my face. Absolutely no difference in shade. I thought maybe my lighting was bad so I took a mirror outside and again, no difference in the colors. I thought maybe my container was defective and stuck at number one so I fooled around with it and then pumped a whole bunch of times in the middle shade to see if one shade was stuck in there, still no difference.

The texture and finish were fine, nothing great, nothing terrible but since the marketing hype is about the 5 different "custom" shades, this stuff does not deliver.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Christmaself55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because UT actually has winters and summers unlike Miami. I am starting to tan now and my colorstay is annoying because I tan all the time and I have to keep updating. I forgot I bought this and tried it this Sat and I found it matches a lot to my skin tone if I put it at the 5. I'm using the L/M. I am officially going to use it tomorrow and I don't think it will be dissapointing. The coverage is medium but you cna build on it. I'm liking so far more than colorstay because it weights less. I had moderate acne now I have very few breakouts. I'm also oily prone but I use oil blotters so at the end of the day my makeup usually comes off. I think this will be a good foundation for me. Check out my blog and yummymakeup.blogspot.com :P

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by saramariew

Im one of those people that has to buy a new product just because im so curious...and im worried that i could potentially be missing out on an amazing product.
    I'm happy i bought this foundation because its so incredibly easy to match to my skintone. It gives me a dewy finish that is so nice in the summer. Overall i dont find it gives a lot of coverage but i think i could build on it.
    In all, i love this product and am happy i bought it..If nothing newer/better comes out in a bit ill probably go and buy another bottle.