Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

on 3/25/2010 3:20:00 AM

I sampled this at a department store. I really do not care for this on me (I don't feel mature enough, somehow!) but it would be lovely on the right person. I like the drydown much, much better than the initial blast, though. After about 30 min, it had settled on my skin beautifully, to a very comforting kind of scent.

I love this perfume, a bit pricey but well worth it. I also have the body lotion which helps in layering the scent. I loved no.5 but found it to heavy and overpowering. this is the modern take on the classic. you get the lovely sense of no.5 but without the headache. as with all chanel perfumes the lasting power is amazing, i wore it on my wedding day and it lasted all day and night. a modern classic.

on 3/12/2010 1:49:00 PM

This is a beautiful variation of the original. Some have called it a "lighter" version. I would say that this parfum is a "younger" version of the original - or that the original is the "night" and this newer one is "morning". Both the same concept, just different times of the day.

A beautiful scent, and I would highly recommend it to any one who loves the original, and those who love Dior Cherie.

on 3/5/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a few samples of this on ebay and am wearing it today. Like others say, it is very light and lasting power not great. After a few hours of wearing it, I smell like Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. Although I like Cashmere Mist, I don't want my Chanel scent to morph into it. Cashmere Mist is one of the scents on my list to do away with, as I've outgrown it. Will have to wear this a few more times to see if I would truly by a full bottle of this.

on 2/4/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful office fragrance, elegant floral with a vanilla base. The original Chanel No. 5 formulation turns into musty soap on my skin - I think it's the ylang-ylang - but this formulation with the brighter citrus opening and iris is perfect for every day.

on 1/26/2010 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have been looking for a while for an everyday scent. i have allergies to many perfumes and don't care for heavy scents. this is a beautiful, soft fragrance that i love wearing. the only negative is staying power. i wasn't a fan of original chanel no 5 but this is nice.

on 1/23/2010 8:52:00 PM

Eau Premiere smells piercingly lemon-like on my skin at first, but then the sharp edges begin to blur and mingle with something sweeter, like vanilla.

Nonetheless, the lingering tartness of this fragrance doesn't suit me well enough to merit a high rating from me, but I would still like to have this fragrance around in small quantities because I suspect it will layer nicely with others on my vanity table.

on 1/22/2010 3:22:00 AM

It is for EDP. This version is definately a bit different from the original #5. It is softer in the top note and easier to wear I suppose. Very classy and floral-y but in a very understated way.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I totally agree with Ismellyummy's review below. Eau Premiere is classy and elegant and perfect for the office because it is not overbearing. It starts fresh and a little zingy when first applied, but dries down to something softer and super wearable. For me, this is a nice day-to-day scent but, honestly, it doesn't wow me. I still like Chanel's Chance more than this but I don't regret having it. It is so easy to wear and will definitely get used.

on 1/14/2010 10:42:00 PM

This is a classy scent. I would not call it sexy as it is very appropriate for work. The scent stays close to the skin. I can smell it throughout the day but I'm not killing my coworkers. I know I asked them. :) It starts out as a nice fresh citris and floral but dries down to a fresh floral with vanilla undertones. It is a very nice pleasant scent it won't offend the office mates. It's made very well and the quality definitely shows through. I really enjoy this and feel confident wearing it during the day. I don't however use this as the sexy kitten perfume.

Popular Fragrances