August 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume, a bit pricey but well worth it. I also have the body lotion which helps in layering the scent. I loved no.5 but found it to heavy and overpowering. this is the modern take on the classic. you get the lovely sense of no.5 but without the headache. as with all chanel perfumes the lasting power is amazing, i wore it on my wedding day and it lasted all day and night. a modern classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

This is a beautiful variation of the original. Some have called it a "lighter" version. I would say that this parfum is a "younger" version of the original - or that the original is the "night" and this newer one is "morning". Both the same concept, just different times of the day.

A beautiful scent, and I would highly recommend it to any one who loves the original, and those who love Dior Cherie.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ves7472

I bought a few samples of this on ebay and am wearing it today. Like others say, it is very light and lasting power not great. After a few hours of wearing it, I smell like Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. Although I like Cashmere Mist, I don't want my Chanel scent to morph into it. Cashmere Mist is one of the scents on my list to do away with, as I've outgrown it. Will have to wear this a few more times to see if I would truly by a full bottle of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonderful office fragrance, elegant floral with a vanilla base. The original Chanel No. 5 formulation turns into musty soap on my skin - I think it's the ylang-ylang - but this formulation with the brighter citrus opening and iris is perfect for every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by 4215342153

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been looking for a while for an everyday scent. i have allergies to many perfumes and don't care for heavy scents. this is a beautiful, soft fragrance that i love wearing. the only negative is staying power. i wasn't a fan of original chanel no 5 but this is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Eau Premiere smells piercingly lemon-like on my skin at first, but then the sharp edges begin to blur and mingle with something sweeter, like vanilla.

Nonetheless, the lingering tartness of this fragrance doesn't suit me well enough to merit a high rating from me, but I would still like to have this fragrance around in small quantities because I suspect it will layer nicely with others on my vanity table.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is for EDP. This version is definately a bit different from the original #5. It is softer in the top note and easier to wear I suppose. Very classy and floral-y but in a very understated way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I totally agree with Ismellyummy's review below. Eau Premiere is classy and elegant and perfect for the office because it is not overbearing. It starts fresh and a little zingy when first applied, but dries down to something softer and super wearable. For me, this is a nice day-to-day scent but, honestly, it doesn't wow me. I still like Chanel's Chance more than this but I don't regret having it. It is so easy to wear and will definitely get used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a classy scent. I would not call it sexy as it is very appropriate for work. The scent stays close to the skin. I can smell it throughout the day but I'm not killing my coworkers. I know I asked them. :) It starts out as a nice fresh citris and floral but dries down to a fresh floral with vanilla undertones. It is a very nice pleasant scent it won't offend the office mates. It's made very well and the quality definitely shows through. I really enjoy this and feel confident wearing it during the day. I don't however use this as the sexy kitten perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by emharrison

Fantastic scent for those who love No.5 but cannot make it work on them. Chanel did a fantastic job of modernizing it but keeping it totally Chanel without dumbing it down or making it seem cheap. I can't wear No. 5 for all the aldehydes, which I find too sharp, even in EDP/parfum form. Also, it's a bit too abstract for me to appreciate on my skin. That said, I've always admired it as a scent. The best way to describe Eau Premiere is the love child of No. 5 and Patou's Sublime. Both jasmine scents, No. 5 being abstract and modern due to the aldehydes, and Sublime (EDP) being rich, and overripe with fruit and amber added in. Eau Premiere takes the abstraction out and puts a bit more flesh on, but the whole thing keeps the golden sunny tones of both while maintaining a sheer sort of elegance. Lasting power is great, as expected of a Chanel. I was lucky enough to score a 150 ml genuine capped/boxed tester bottle from ebay for 57, from a seller who bought up stock from a perfumery going out of business.