Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

Yup, this is gorgeous. I found a sample in Sephora's in NYC when I was looking for Chance. Didn't try it for over a year. When I did, I found it to be lovely, sophisticated. I have always run away from the original No. 5, and still do.

My DH got this as a gift for me knowing that I've admired it for a while. It's not cheap. Yet, I wear it often because it's light, elegant and very classy. I may not be European but it makes me feel like I am. I've "liked" Chanel No. 5 except that it's very strong, I guess I'm not alone in this opinion. The lasting power on me is on a scale of medium. It's described as "A decidedly lighter, fresher, softer interpretation of N5. . . a silky-smooth harmony of notes that reveals the delicate facet of the now and forever fragrance."

I have the original No. 5, I love it but it's a bit heavy, and seemingly more dramatic to me. So I've gotten the eau premiere and am totally in heaven. I do believe this will be my signature summer scent. I will continue to wear the orginal No. 5, but keep it for winter and a blacktie affair or a dressy society function. I love Chanel, now I need a purse :)

I sampled this at a department store. I really do not care for this on me (I don't feel mature enough, somehow!) but it would be lovely on the right person. I like the drydown much, much better than the initial blast, though. After about 30 min, it had settled on my skin beautifully, to a very comforting kind of scent.

I love this perfume, a bit pricey but well worth it. I also have the body lotion which helps in layering the scent. I loved no.5 but found it to heavy and overpowering. this is the modern take on the classic. you get the lovely sense of no.5 but without the headache. as with all chanel perfumes the lasting power is amazing, i wore it on my wedding day and it lasted all day and night. a modern classic.

This is a beautiful variation of the original. Some have called it a "lighter" version. I would say that this parfum is a "younger" version of the original - or that the original is the "night" and this newer one is "morning". Both the same concept, just different times of the day.

A beautiful scent, and I would highly recommend it to any one who loves the original, and those who love Dior Cherie.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a few samples of this on ebay and am wearing it today. Like others say, it is very light and lasting power not great. After a few hours of wearing it, I smell like Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. Although I like Cashmere Mist, I don't want my Chanel scent to morph into it. Cashmere Mist is one of the scents on my list to do away with, as I've outgrown it. Will have to wear this a few more times to see if I would truly by a full bottle of this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful office fragrance, elegant floral with a vanilla base. The original Chanel No. 5 formulation turns into musty soap on my skin - I think it's the ylang-ylang - but this formulation with the brighter citrus opening and iris is perfect for every day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have been looking for a while for an everyday scent. i have allergies to many perfumes and don't care for heavy scents. this is a beautiful, soft fragrance that i love wearing. the only negative is staying power. i wasn't a fan of original chanel no 5 but this is nice.

Eau Premiere smells piercingly lemon-like on my skin at first, but then the sharp edges begin to blur and mingle with something sweeter, like vanilla.

Nonetheless, the lingering tartness of this fragrance doesn't suit me well enough to merit a high rating from me, but I would still like to have this fragrance around in small quantities because I suspect it will layer nicely with others on my vanity table.

Popular Fragrances