July 31, 2014 | 2109 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've used many oil cleansers but Baby Oil does the best job in taking all my gel liner, mascara and eyeshadow off within seconds. Best of all it requires minimal tugging at the delicate eye area, and leaves me skin feeling hydrated after using. Occasionally I use it when I get out the shower and it leaves my skin feeling like silk. Definitely worth it for such a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lovepinkxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use baby oil every night to take off my eyeliner/mascara. i've tried name brand makeup removers, and olive oil but this is definitely the best at getting off everything and not irritating your eyes. i love it and i'm never switching again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I decided to revisit my relationship with baby oil after reading so many good reviews about it here. We always have a bottle in the house for those rare occassions when the hubby and I want to be romantic and give each other massages. Based on another reviewer's comments, I decided to try this as a shaving cream. I had long since given up on using shaving creams because I found that none of them really seemed to work. I used this as a shave cream on my calves and bikini line... and I got the closest, smoothest shave I had gotten in years! Almost as smooth as waxing. And normally I get quite a lot of redness, irritation, and bumps in the bikini area when I shave there- this reduced all of that by 95%!

This also totally obliterates make up. All of my mascara comes off in one pass with this stuff. I typically use vitamin E oil for make up removal... but I find myself reaching for this more and more often, because it just does such an impressive job of getting everything last bit off.

And this works just fine as an after bath oil to seal in moisture. I prefer vitamin E oil or olive oil or plant oil over this though. This tends to feel a little greasy and occlusive. And I am not a big fan of the synthetic baby powder smell.

I will be keeping this in my repertoire as a shave cream and make up remover. Performs phenomenally well in both those area. And, oh yes, it's great as a massage oil too.
Oh, and it's a good cuticle oil too. I've been rubbing some on my cuticles before I push them back- works nicely for that, too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product for removing my waterproof mascara - which is the only thing I actually use it for. I find it removes waterproof mascara better than any other product - including oily makeup removers. I use this at the end of the daily to remove my mascara - I love that I can use loads of it to massage it into my lashes & not worry about the price [so cheap]. That is one of my main loves about it - it's ridiculously cheap price. I remove it with my regular face wash after giving myself giant raccoon eyes - I also will sometimes wipe it off with some toilet paper before using my face wash. Will continue to use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! love it! My skin is SO SOFT!! Great for face too!!! My skin loves mineral oil. This is high grade mineral oil and it is safe to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by aninhasf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best way to take off waterproof mascara. I have sensitive skin and it didn't cause me any allergies. I also loves to aply it on my body after shower and when i have to go out bare legs I put a drop of this in my lotion and the result is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by cassielynn24

i use this to shave in the shower. i shave my legs every day because i get prickly super fast and this leaves my legs soft and the oil stops all razor burn! when i was useing shaveing gel it wasent lubercating enough to not leave little red bumps, but this is so great for even your bikinni area as well. very cheap and u get a lot ill be useing for a long time

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by fudgeeo

I have had eczema on my legs my whole life. I have tried cortisone prescriptions, over the counter cortisone, many many types of hydrating cremes and nothing works better then baby oil. I rub it on when my skin is wet from getting out of the shower and my skin is so much softer and clearer. LOVE.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT august/2011: I wanted to edit this review to add that mineral oil gave me the worst breakout of my life. I ended up with tons of tiny yellow pimples on both sides of my face, and though I've stopped using the oil and any other potentially irritating or clogging product, they are not completely gone. It happened after 2 months of using baby oil to cleanse my face at night - sometimes I used another cleanser after, sometimes I didn't. I will keep using it as an eye MU remover and as a body oil, but I will NEVER put this in my face again. I've switched to micellair cleansers, which are very gentle (yet effective) and don't have anu potentially clogging ingredients.
Mind you that this happened while I was on Accutane and had super dry skin, so it's not something that can happen only to acne-prone people.
*****
I've been using baby oil to take off my eye makeup for about 5 years now. It's simply the best MU remover I've ever tried. I put some oil in a cotton pad and apply it very gentle to my eyes - it works better if you take off your mascara first, putting the cotton pads under your lashes and removing the mascara with sweeping motions. Then you can apply the rest of your eye MU. After that, I use a clean cotton pad with some water to remove the oily residue.
When I use foundation, powder or a heavy sunscreen, I use baby oil to clean my face too. You can do it with a cotton pad or you can put some oil in your hands (not a lot) and then apply it in your face, massaging it gently for a few seconds. Then I wash my face with water and remove the residue with a cotton pad soaked in clean water. I usually cleanse afterwards with a regular (foaming) cleanser.
If you find that it leaves a residue on your eyes (the actual eyes, not the skin surrounding them), you can always put some eye drops to help with that.

I also use baby oil as a body moisturizer during my shower. When my skin is very dry, I mix it with other oils (olive, argan etc) but this makes the oil "heavier" - if I use just the baby oil and rinse it with water, the skin is less oily after the shower.
Just remember that you have to apply the oil when your skin is still wet and you have to rinse it after - otherwise you'll end up with really oily and sticky skin!

The only part of my body where I don't use baby oil is my hair, because it makes my hair too oily and the residue is hard to remove.

The fragrance doesn't bother my skin or my nose. I've used baby oil to take off my face and eye makeup even when my skin was acne-prone and it didn't cause my any breakouts.
It's a great multitask product to take when I'm on a trip, because it works as a MU remover/facial cleanser, body moisturizer and even as a facial moisturizer when my skin is dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by khousie

This baby oil saved my face! One morning I woke up with hives all over my face. I had no idea how I got them, but it must have been from an allergic reaction or allergies. I had small little bumps all over my face that caused dry patches on my face, which got me a bit depressed.

I couldn't handle the roughness and the bumps so I decided to visit a facial aesthetics. After my facial, nothing really changed, and it seems as if it got worse if I put any product besides moisturizer on my face. I did A LOT of research, some which recommended a lot of money..ie buying 60$ moisturizer, toner, etc... until I came across a blog, saying to rub the baby oil on the bumps and dry patches on the face to make them go away. I couldn't go wrong with baby oil, so I did exactly that that night, and the next morning I can clearly see my bumps slowly disappearing. In the next couple days I repeated the baby oil on the face and now my bumps and dry patches are completely gone! I would have never thought of this! I have never used baby oil until this incident but after this, this will be by my side forever!

I absolutely love this product and wouldn't recommend it to everyone to put on their face (oily skin), but it does work for the hives+dry patches, and works great on the body!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No