November 27, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by shareitwithme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I've tried nearly all the lip-plumpers on the market, and while this did plump my lips up quite a bit it also irritated them and turned them a dark shade of red.

I found that because it irritated and dried my lips out I became tempted to reapply it very often, and the tiny tube (nowhere near enough product for the price) ran out in a couple of weeks!

I wouldn't recommend this as value for money, considering that Sephora has such a wide variety of other lip-plumpers available.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lydiagant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a lip gloss addict and this is my favorite hands down! love the scent the bee sting feeling ...everything...good for a shiny base also!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by AlisonAshleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love lip venom but find I can't use it too often- If i use it for more than a few days in a row, I will break out around my lips a little. The taste and smell is great and it does plump up your lips a bit. The tingling doesn't bother me and I think the slightly tinted gloss is a great natural look, and you can dress it up or down. The packaging is cute, if the product is a bit small. It does last a long time. Save the cardboard tube if you can though- mine always ends up lost, then little gross grains of sand from my purse collect around the cap of the gloss and I am constantly cleaning it. I wish it was available in more store since I don't have a sephora near me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A lot of people don't like this, but I think it's very nice!
It's just a nice clear gloss that goes on very smoothly.
It really does plump my lips so that they look nice and full.
The scent of cinnamon is very nice as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

This stuff stings quite a bit! But, it will leave you with fuller and flushed lips. Just don't expect a miracle. If you have fuller lips to begin with, this will amp them up nicely. I'm not sure about thinner lipped girls, but I imagine they will give you more oommph. Overall, I'd repurchase. I just don't use it much since it is pretty drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

For me this product has a lot more "sting" in it than most lip plumpers do and my lips took a longer time to build up an immunity to the product so I was able to wear it on a daily basis instead of just a once in awhile one. My only issue is that it really doesn't do a whole lot to enhance any colors in my lips and the other colors offered in the line really aren't my thing. Applying it over or under other lipsticks is a big no no to boot since it can eat through just about anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by soulfemme

hmm... i feel like i have a bias towards this product because it reminds me of christmas and presents and sephora gift cards spent with abandon. also, i feel like it really did more than just make my lips tingly and delivered the promised bee-stung look that i was hoping for. it smells wonderful and i really like the little tube it comes with. the only thing i could live without (besides the price) is the fact that it's really pretty sticky (reminds me of a slightly runnier version of mac lipglass), but i still love it. i don't buy it anymore because i can make my own lip plumping balm at home without anywhere near the same level of financial commitment, but for the job it's supposed to do, it does it well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sassandahalf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product thoroughly disappointed me. I was expecting fuller, plumper lips and all this product delivered was a tingly sensation. After you apply this product, you lips start to tingle and I crossed my fingers, hoping that something, ANYTHING was happening and was let down when I saw the results. A big waste of money and a giant let down.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not happy with this product overall and returned it after 2 days.
Smell: Yummy cinnamon
Formula: Not great. It is too thin and doesn't stay on lips more than a half hour.
Performance: This tingled my lips but did not plump them. It also turned my PosieTint, which I had underneath, a funny reddish colour I think from irritating my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product works for about 1/2 hour. I didn't really like it for how much it is. I have bought Soap & Glory and it works great!