April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. Waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyCate

I was a little skeptical when i saw this but decided to try it out. I love it! I bought it last summer and for the most part my skin was consistently clear! I don't know if it is the actual device or the cleanser but it really worked for me. My skin felt so soft after using it. Many people complain about it not foaming well, but all you have to do is scrub the pad a little with a clean finger and you're good to go. After buying a few refill packs however, i stopped. They are too expensive to buy every month! (they only have 30 pads inside and i was using it daily) Alas, i had to give up on the wave and its tragically costly refills.

EDIT: really liked this when i used it a couple of years ago. but had to stop because the price of refills adds up. since then, i've purchased a skin brush which works better and you only pay for it once. ;) i just use whatever cleanser i want, making it way more practical and versatile than the wave.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by XxBekixX

When I first used this product, I loved it! My skin felt really soft and looked fab!
I then decided to use the anti-blemish versions of the cleansing pads, but instead of clearing blemishes they gave me the most horrendous spots I've ever had!

Recently, I've decided to give my skin a break from the wave altogether. It was begining to get dry, so I'm seeing if this is the cause.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mikemikemike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. The first time I turend it on I was disappointed. It doesn't seem to do a lot! But after using it my skin feels softer than with a peeling. Maybe it's sooo cleaned? I doubt that the trick lives in the vibration. Maybe just the cleansing formula is good? It takes me a while to wash my face with it, since it takes a while to get some foam out of it.
At one point I will invest in the Clarisonic. Then I 'll let you know the difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it was a little over 10 dollars and comes with 7 days of cleansing pads. I'm not sure how much is the refill, because I never even got to finish my first pack! The cleanser broke after i think the 5th or 6th use. It was not the battery. I was pretty pissed. Now it's just a useless piece of junk in my bathroom. From my experience, I would not give this product any stars. The one star is for the minty feeling on my face when I washes my face, that's about it. It's a complete waste of money, really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by briii

i have mixed feelings about this product. when i use it my face feels so refreshed and soft after, but the other reviewers are right, theres really nothing special about it. I have found that the blemish clearing pads work great for clearing blemishes, and it makes my skin so soft. but its so rough and kind of hurts when using it. i dont think i would buy this again, but ill probly continue to use it because it had been doing a good job at clearing my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleansed my face, but honestly--it's nothing special. This product did not do anything different that a regular face wash couldn't do. The wave only vibrated my face, it was very disappointing. I would not buy this again as I could use a much cheaper product to do just as good of a job.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cassie1896

it makes my skin a little soft, but there was like NO soap on those little pads so i had to add extra..it didnt live up to my expectations. plus the base of the wave is so big it can only go on your cheeks and forehad.. i had to wash my eyes and everywhere it didnt reach with my hands. The exfoliating pads are soo rough and scratch my skin really hard. Its not worth it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really didn't do anything. So I can't really write a good review on it. Because it didn't help any!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nopantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to try out this product, and I really like it. I have pretty clear skin, but with flakes around my nose, at the corners or my mouth, and on the crease between my mouth and chin. I try everything I can think of, but those flakes are always there. After one use of the wave, they're gone. There's not a single flake anywhere on my face. Seriously, after using it I was just stunned and amazed. Definately a great product for getting rid of little stubborn flakes.

Now the downsides, and the reasons I only gave it four lippies:
-The foaming action isn't that great. Like a lot of people, I was expecting more foam.
-I'd like more variety in terms of pads. I think the starter kit should include a few different kinds of pads, including blank pads as an option for refills so people could use their own cleansers.

Those two downsides aren't dealbreakers, and I will be buying this product again.