November 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by eec129

I bought this as a cheap imitation to the Clarisonic Mia I really wanted. I figured that for about $15, it couldn't hurt to try. Boy, was I dissappointed! First, the "vibrations" do absolutely nothing at all. I guess I didn't read the packaging because I thought it was at least supposed to spin or something. Anyway, after one use I was sure I was taking it back and I ordered the Mia the very next day. This really wasn't even worth $5 and I wasn't that crazy about the cleansing pads, either. I usually like Neutrogena products, but not this one. Luckily Target took it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by missmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've got the Wave Duo, and even at the higher speed, this thing does essentially NOTHING >:( firstly, i have to give the cleansing pad a head start by rubbing it with my finger, then i have to try to keep it going with fairly vigorous circular motions. i mean, i bought this cuz it's supposed to be more effective than just using my hands, but it's total crap! (i tried my friend's Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, and it was more effective but crazily overpriced) and more annoyingly, its really hard to maneuver around my nose where i have most of my blackheads. i use the pads with the exfoliating beads and my skin feels filmy and unclean afterward, yuck. from now on, i'm just going to use my hands and spend my money on a better quality cleanser and exfoliant!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Ndog88

The first time I used this, my skin was so tight. Then the next morning, my WHOLE face was flaky! It was horid. So I stopped using it for a few months. Then I used it one morning and it helped my breakout. I used the pads that have little balls on them. I ran out of them and used the pads that come with the wave, the next morning I broke out!! So I just stopped using it completly :P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

Biggest gimmick ever! This does nothing but vibrate on your skin, doesn't remove dead skin cells unless you manually use it to scrub. The cleanser pads weren't any good either, harsh, didn't clean very well and didn't make my skin feel any better. If you have active acne, this would be the last thing you'd want on your skin as it's not gentle at all and would most likely spread the bacteria and further irritate you acne/skin. Biggest waste of money, a bad face moisturiser can be used on your legs/arms, this you can't, it just goes straight into the bin creating more waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. Waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyCate

I was a little skeptical when i saw this but decided to try it out. I love it! I bought it last summer and for the most part my skin was consistently clear! I don't know if it is the actual device or the cleanser but it really worked for me. My skin felt so soft after using it. Many people complain about it not foaming well, but all you have to do is scrub the pad a little with a clean finger and you're good to go. After buying a few refill packs however, i stopped. They are too expensive to buy every month! (they only have 30 pads inside and i was using it daily) Alas, i had to give up on the wave and its tragically costly refills.

EDIT: really liked this when i used it a couple of years ago. but had to stop because the price of refills adds up. since then, i've purchased a skin brush which works better and you only pay for it once. ;) i just use whatever cleanser i want, making it way more practical and versatile than the wave.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by XxBekixX

When I first used this product, I loved it! My skin felt really soft and looked fab!
I then decided to use the anti-blemish versions of the cleansing pads, but instead of clearing blemishes they gave me the most horrendous spots I've ever had!

Recently, I've decided to give my skin a break from the wave altogether. It was begining to get dry, so I'm seeing if this is the cause.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mikemikemike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. The first time I turend it on I was disappointed. It doesn't seem to do a lot! But after using it my skin feels softer than with a peeling. Maybe it's sooo cleaned? I doubt that the trick lives in the vibration. Maybe just the cleansing formula is good? It takes me a while to wash my face with it, since it takes a while to get some foam out of it.
At one point I will invest in the Clarisonic. Then I 'll let you know the difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it was a little over 10 dollars and comes with 7 days of cleansing pads. I'm not sure how much is the refill, because I never even got to finish my first pack! The cleanser broke after i think the 5th or 6th use. It was not the battery. I was pretty pissed. Now it's just a useless piece of junk in my bathroom. From my experience, I would not give this product any stars. The one star is for the minty feeling on my face when I washes my face, that's about it. It's a complete waste of money, really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by briii

i have mixed feelings about this product. when i use it my face feels so refreshed and soft after, but the other reviewers are right, theres really nothing special about it. I have found that the blemish clearing pads work great for clearing blemishes, and it makes my skin so soft. but its so rough and kind of hurts when using it. i dont think i would buy this again, but ill probly continue to use it because it had been doing a good job at clearing my skin.