November 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by pandora0646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this kabuki brush - it's easy to use and allows me to get the coverage I want. I would have to disagree with some of the other reviews on this brush who say that it doesn't give sufficient coverage, that it bends and it difficult to use, and that it is better for blush than foundation. I only use this for my EDM foundation. Honestly, if I used it for blush I would look like a clown! :) I can't say enough about how perfect this brush is - it makes my skin look flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by aly64

This is a great brush for applying mineral make up. I bought it and thought I'd use the flat top for my foundation and this one for my blush. I found that the flat top gave me too much coverage, while this one gave me perfect foundation coverage. I originally planned on using this with non mineral make up blush. That didn't work for me. It won't pick up the product. So my analysis is that this brush is perfect with mineral make up. Do I need to mention how soft this is? I'm sure You've read that enough on here. This is my favorite brush a own. I actually look forward to putting the make up on just because this brush is so soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by AlasseM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is great for some applications and bad for others. I've used it to apply mineral foundation and it sucks as that. And it sucks for that purpose because the bristles are long and so you don't have much precision as you'd like. It's like you'll find that the bristles will just apply anywhere it wants to and doesn't give an even application at all.

However, for the purpose that I use this brush, it works awesome. I use it to apply my EDM rice powder and it's awesome for that because with foundation on, I wouldn't wanna pack on my face with more products. So I find it gross to use a dense brush to pack on my rice powder. Having said that, the bristles on this brush, though synthetic, picks up the rice powder and distributes very well. I would recommend this brush to be used only with finishing powders. Will I repurchase? Yes, but only if mine broke. Other than that, I think having one brush is enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by rasberryrose

Wonderful Brush! Feels amazing on my skin! Good for applying loose powders or a light dust of foundation.
I have used this for almost a year now on a near daily basis.
Would buy it again but won't have to even if it breaks because of Everyday Minerals life time guarantee!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by chic_chick23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this brush and while the bristles are super soft, they aren't dense enough to pick up much pigment. I didn't care for how it applied the pigment either, much of it was flung off the brush while trying to apply it. I'll probably end up using this as a finishing brush. Ten dollars was too much to pay for such poor quality.
UPDATE: I have switched from BE to Everyday minerals, and I love this brush, it was truly meant to be used with their product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

Amazing brush !!!!!!!!!! My #1 brush.. I use it to apply my EM foundation and for touch ups during the day.

It is incredibly SOFT. Even my fiance loves the feel of it !! Super gentle and synthetic. Gives the perfect amount of application for me - totally natural looking and amazing to blend !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

OMG...this brush is SOFT!! Like cat hair soft! And yet it's still synthetic and cruelty free. This and the EM Flat Top are the softest makeup brushes I've ever owned. Seriously, I've had twenty and thirty dollar brushes that don't even come close to this! However, just a few words of warning: This isn't dense the way a true kabuki is. It's a loosely packed brush. I love it for finishing powder, but I wouldn't use it for your mineral foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's too soft and not dense enough to use for foundation. I do use it to brush off excess powder and to brush on my finishing powder. I don't recommend this for application of mineral foundation unless you like light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't cover enough for my taste, is too soft and not dense enough. Can probably use this as a powder brush when my current powder brush dies on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by mehrunissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another winner by EM! So soft, so velvety, sometimes I just rub these brushes on my face because they feel SO GOOD. I like this one for finishing powders or a lighter application of foundation. Product like to grab onto these bristles, so blush can go on too heavy if you're not careful. I'm addicted!