April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Funnygiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is another one of those products that I buy a backup for. It's my miracle line filler. I am 25 but have fine laugh lines and have had them since I was in highschool. I have used smashbox and the bare minerals primer and benefit porefessional and this is the best. It is very comparable to smashbox at a fraction of the cost. I have VERY sensitive breakout prone skin and retin-a makes my face peel, but this really helps to even out the texture so that my bare minerals foundation applies wonderfully. This has the Same (active) ingredients as the smashbox primer but with more of the filling silicones so I think it does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's great as a face primer. I apply it before any of my makeup and it makes my skin noticeably smoother and moreover, matte. Even on days where I don't wear makeup, I always apply sunscreen and that can make my skin look oily. However, I apply this on top and it makes my skin matte - it's great! I have no issues with my makeup when I wear this underneath. It lasts a while - I'm only on my second tube from using it within a year and it's reasonably inexpensive as well (I order it off eBay as I live in Australia). I will continue to use this as a face primer as it works for me and I find no reason to change to another one when this does a great job. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it felt on my skin, but it made my oily skin more oily. Sucks because i really wanted to like it. It worked great for my mom though, she has normal skin so I gave it to her. Now I use milk of magnesia as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great alternative to other more expensive primers from brands like Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, etc. It has basically the same ingredients as them, costs less, and has more product! It works well at keeping my foundation on for a few more hours without completely sliding off. When I first tried it out, I was amazed at how incredibly smooth and soft it was! I use it all over my face except for my chin, because it's flaky, full of acne, and I don't want to make it look worse. It's mattifying, foundation goes on more smoothly, and as far as I know, it hasn't made me break out. At $6 for 1.5 ounces, it's truly a gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

Great vaginal cream for the face! LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by AshleighFortier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in Wisconsin where the weather can change from 20* to 60* in one day. I use this daily even when I don't wear make up and it keeps my skin from drying out and becoming too oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have extremely acne prone and sensitive skin. I finally have acne under control and I am break out free. I, thankfully, have no reaction to the ingredients in this product. I have been using it for about a year.

I use this as a make up primer and it has cause me Zero issues in my skin. It's ingredient are the same as smashbox photo finish primer, however you get more product in this tube and for a 5th of the price of smashbox. This helps my makeup apply smoothly and it helps it from creasing in my smile lines around my mouth and eyes throughout the day (something I used to have a real problem with until I discovered primers). It also increases the wear time of my foundation. I use about the amount of a pea for my whole face.

There are more expensive primers out there, only a handful might work as well or better for your skin specifically. However, I think This is plenty of bang for your buck. It is also great if you are looking for a primer without sunscreen. For example, I tried Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 and it was $52 dollars for an ounce. It was nice, but I didn't find a difference between that and this for $6 at target for 1.5 ounces. The ingredients are a little different between these two items however I felt my skin reacted the same to both of them. (though I am curious about hourglass n28 because it has a long list of very good oils for the skin in it but I have a facial lotion that contains the same ingredients so why spend more?)

::Quick important note about this product and about primers:: dimethicone is a silicone product. It isn't as heavy but some people are, in fact, allergic to this ingredient (causing a rash or breakout). This is a main ingredient in most primers. Dimethicone is considered good for sensitive skin, unless you are allergic too it. If you break out from normal primers, please look at the ingredients and then look at the ingredients to this one. There are some all natural primers out there, some make from silk that might work for you. Beware of ones made from silica because Silica is the name given to a group of minerals composed of silicon and oxygen. So if you have a reaction to silicon and dimethicone you may have a reaction to silica as well.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i figured i tried this as a primer due to the fact that it was made for private chaffing areas and the other reviews. it felt nice applying and left my face soft and not oily as other primers. i only use concealer on top to even out my skin and hide circles and sunspots. In the middle of the day my face started to feel itchy but wasn't sure if this was the reason. On the second day of using this i noticed little white bumps all over my face so i stopped using it. The third day i just applied in on my neck because i liked the smooth soft finish it left which moisturizer alone sometimes makes it feel tacky but then my neck broke out too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is affordable, and it actually works! It feels so velvety on the skin, and I find it keeps my makeup in place. You only need a thin layer to make it work. So glad I found this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by discoverylp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product goes on so smoothly and velvety. It's good for the first hour, but then I started to see and feel little bumps around my cheeks areas. I had about EIGHT new whiteheads after TWO hours of wear. It completely exacerbated any acne that I have. Not to mention, the acne that it brings up is inflamed and so painful.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No