December 18, 2014 | 1202 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after buying Benifit's Porefessional, and this preforms better in my opinion! It acts the same way to hide my pores, makes a great all-over primer (I don't use it on my eyelids, though), it doesn't cause me breakouts, does not feel heavy, has no scent. I definitely recommend this $6 item over more expensive face primers. Give it a try. I will buy again and again!

Also, it does work good as a chafing gel, which was it's intended purpose!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it as a primer before my makeup. It glides so smoothly on my skin. I see a huge difference on my t-zone when I wear it. My t-zone doesn't get as oily through out the day. Give it a try, it's an affordable primer.Update-i stopped using it it started o break me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I just got so tired of my face looking a bit greasy after sunblock application... and my makeup fading off too quickly that I decided to give this a try. I picked it up at CVS because I had a 20% off coupon (and their return policy it great- I figured if I hated this, I could always return it). The morning after I bought it, I felt quite skeptical about it. I squirted out some clear thick goo and thought to myself- oh, this is definitely being returned. But then I smoothed it over my face and it immediately turned into liquid power and literally instantaneously all shine and greasiness disappeared. I have never been so impressed by a product. My face looked smooth and matte (but not dry). I was thrilled. I can now pile on the greasiest sunblocks and if I just smooth this on afterwards, any shine disappears. And this glides on like liquid silk. My makeup holds up better and applies more evenly when I use this too. It provides a dry, smooth foundation for application. Wonderful stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This didn't stop my eyeshadows from creasing terribly. But when I apply it after my lotion and sunscreen, it's great in keeping my face from being sticky and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Taravolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read about using this awhile ago as a makeup primer and I thought wow that is weird. Let me just say it works. I have used many primers from cheap $3 ones to $40 dollar ones. I love the Monistat Gel. It goes on really smooth, almost velvety. Not greasy and I have really oily skin so this was a concern for me. It does not clog pores. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out or get a rash. My $40 primer just sits in the drawer now. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I switched from Smashbox to this. It will save you so much money. This is good for everyday, but I'll still use Smashbox for a night out. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup for work (military) so all I do is cleanse/tone then skip moisturizer and use this instead. I apply my concealer then a light dusting of powder and I'm set. It looks very natural. It doesn't break me out and my makeup stays put ALL day. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as a primer for my face (got the tip from a beauty blogger on youtube) and this is how I use it: I put my moisturizer on, then my foundation (L'oreal Visible Lift), then I squeeze a small amount on my fingers and lightly rub it into my face - staying away from the eye area. It evens the foundation and I don't even have to set my face with powder. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smoothe. I've also used this on the back of my heels when I wear high heels that rub a little much. It softens the area and doesn't leave me with red, hurting heels.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I barely wear makeup, used this a primer a few times and it worked well. BUT, what I do is, I put one some lip balm, wait about 5 minutes and then dab some of this stuff on top of my lip balm. My lips looks bigger and soooooo freaking smooth! They look like a million bucks, try it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a primer. It works. I wouldn't say as well as Lancome's La Base Pro, but it works well enough. It makes my foundation last longer than if I have used nothing at all. This also helps my foundation blend well. I dislike Smashbox's primer because it really does nothing for me. The Monistat chaffing gel works to where it helps keep my foundation on for about 4-5 hours compared to 6-8 hours that La Base Pro does or the lousy one hour that going without anything does for me. Its good in a pinch and does not break me out at all. I keep this handy in my makeup bag for the in-between times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mltmtascp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Use this product all the time as a primer. I find it works very well. I have blended it with foundation or concealer and it work well that way too. It is inexpensive and that works for me too. I hate spending a fortune on makeup. Happy I found this as an alternative to more expensive products.