November 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by suzannecastello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Obsession is my all time favorite perume. When I wear it I feel confident and sexy. It is such a bummer that a lot of people don't like it because they have been exposed to a woman who has bathed in it. When tastefully applied, Obsession is the sexiest thing I have ever smelled. I am out of it right now, but I am really wanting to get some more, I am just hesitant because I keep wondering if there is something better out there. I haven't found anything to replace it yet, though, so I may just go out and buy another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by prettycharli

I have just got into Obsession and I love it. I usually go for the fresh, lighter scents but I just adore this scent, which is warmer and more "mature" than my other perfumes. It has great woody notes, great for wearing in the winter, and there is something very sexy about it. I like that it is not overly feminine, and the smell "stays" without being overpowering. The only downside I can think of is the unattractive bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Obsession is a classic spicy concoction that includes orange
blossom, vanilla and amber, with a hint of a
medicinal note at times, and almost masculine. I've been undecided
on Obession for many years, and can't quite bring myself to wear it.
I keep trying it every so often though. 24 Faubourg has similar
notes but is more refined, Obsession more casual and sporty.
JPG Classique also has these key notes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A couple of weeks or so ago, a friend sent me her Obsession mini that came in a set of Calvin Klein mini's, and I've been in love with Obsession ever since. It is a sweet warm ambery oriental, with orangey/citrussy top notes that dry down into vanillic musky ambery warmth. It's not gourmand or desserty. Just gorgeous. And it's a friendly amber, too, not difficult at all to wear, no weird notes. This one is a gem that is now overlooked and underrated due to overuse in its time, and people just being over it. I understand about not being able to go back and wear fragrances from one's past, but I didn't wear this in the 80's. So more for me! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very sexy scent, not for everyday wear, at least not for me. I'll pull this out for dates or any evening event, it's quite powerful and sometimes bothers my sensitive sinus, so when I do use it, very little is all I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by BoomBoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a classic fragrance and for good reason. Very sensual, very sexy, but not over powering or offensive. Develops into a smooth rich warm woody scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Dolce7vita

I never liked this scent, and then my mother got it for me for Christmas... A little definitely goes a long way, it is rich and definitely not for sensitive noses. It sort of makes a statement, its quite bold. I definitely like it and will definitely keep wearing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really rich, distinct, sexy, complex scent. It's feminine in a womanly way, as opposed to the many sweet, cutesy scents popular of late. The lack of unique perfumes out there makes this one seem all the more amazing.

A little goes a long way, and it really lasts all day (or night). I find it best as a night perfume...too strong for work. It's definitely a cool/cold weather scent too.

It smells better on me than in the bottle; I could see this smelling totally wrong on some people, but if it works for you then it REALLY works.

I really like the body wash also...it actually lasts instead of washing off like many perfumed washes do. It makes it even more subtle & intimate that way, if the perfume is too much for you.

The only con: the bottle is downright ugly! haha :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Obsession…when the weather cools down and you can get out of the drawer your winter scents…well meeting again with Obsession is like hugging an old, beloved long time friend.
I was lucky to discover it in the Nineties – and not in the Eighties when supposedly everybody was wearing it. But I also have to say that here in Italy it was never so common as it could have been in the US.
So when I am wearing it, I get nice compliments and not that “oh, another one wearing obsession” look….:o)
I am not sure if I would define it sexy…I do not want to go that debate: it is for sure feminine, powdery and sensual. Cleverly constructed and structured, to my fine nose it does not smell “mainstream” or “common”. Not at all!
I do not find it overpowering (of course no more than 2 spritzes that you then dab around). I find it one of the best spicy-florientals ever created.
For me it’s a skin scent, it makes me feel comfortable and self assured…
A staple in my collection ever since I first tried it (I always have a backup bottle!).
Classic, timeless. A must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nosecondtroy

One word: Mmmmmmm. Love it :) No more needs to be said.