July 31, 2014 | 1901 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by impeccable02

I cannot live without this concealer. I used to be a concealer junkie always searching, searching for years, trying so many different things. Since i started using this i have not used another and ironically I think I'm saving money on concealer since using Cle De Peau. I have bought some others out of curiosity, but they are left mostly untouched because nothing, nothing compares to Cle de Peau concealer (Ochre).

_Never creases
_Never cakes
_Looks totally natural
_Stays-put
_Completely natural colour
_blends like a dream
_Fantastic coverage for dark circles, scars, blemishes and skin discolourage
_Never goes orange on you due to humidity, summer, perspiration etc....
_Ideal for achieving the flawless, natural looks.

If I was only allowed to continue using 1 make-up item for the rest of my life I would pick this.

PERFECTION incarnated

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by chubbybutterfly

Very very limited range of colour. I don't think it is as great as the rage reviews in magazines. it really covers whatever you need to cover. If you're lucky and they have your shade, buy it. But if the shades do not match to your skin, then this is not the one for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I read the reviews here about this concealer how magical and fabulous it is I thought that it will be my HG. So wrong! I already have a HG concealer - MakeUp Forever Heavy Duty. So I don't know what else I wanted here - skies opening and cherubs singing. For the price that I paid ($95 CAN!!!) I guess at least I expected it to perform and conceal well.
Not the case - color selection is BOOOOO- 4 shades. I couldn't find the right one somewhat between Ocher and Ivory. But my main beef - it didn't conceal anything - OK, I don't expect it to conceal my cysts, but flat red marks from scars - yes. It does apply nicely and spreads on the face without causing irritation or inflamation but once you start blending it just gives a slight concealing effect. I might as well use 2 layers of my FD. I thought I would use it for my undereye area and it caked like there is no tomorrow. I had so many wrinkles I could have applied for the pension afterwards. Off it went to Holt Renfrew. Sorry MUFE take me back I will never stray again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by chuu00

After failing to find a concealer that covers as well as CDP, I went back to it and I love it now. I've been using it everyday and it just covers well. I think with this concealer, you need to warm it up with your fingers first. If you do that, this blends like a DREAM. I usually swipe it under my eyes, wait 2 secs, then blend it with Sephora's concealer brush (#57). Works amazing well, I will definitely be re-purchasing. Screw what I said before!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY concealer shade I have found that perfectly matches my olive complexion-OCHRE !

It never flakes and always stays put ! It's expensive as hell, but a tube has lasted me a whole year !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lucky888lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

The best concealer I've ever used. It's silky smooth and blends flawlessly. No caking for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by fornight

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I quite like it but I think the price is really too much. I bought it because there are reviews out there that said it works amazing for dark circles. After using it for nearly a year, I have to say it is a little overhyped that it is good for good circles.

First of all, it is not hydrating enough to cover undereye dark circles. It creases crazily on me. I have combination skin but undereyes are pretty dry. I do put on sufficient eye cream but the concealer just creases badly.

I do like it when it comes to concealing other blemishes on my skin example cheeks. If you are going to wear it for a long time, you need to make sure you touch up your make up by "powdering" over it because if your skin is a little bit oily, the concealor will just slide off my skin after 8 hours or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbear87

I adore cle de peau products! And this is what started it all I have underey circles which are the bane of my existence-jk but this makes it not even a problem anymore I bought the Laura mercies secret camouflage which covered well but was dryinh and I looked like I was a million years old and I was 22 at the time, I used Mac gel concealer and regular concealer n it just like slid off my skin or whatever and looked like I had to reapply it. I used other trash that was supposedly good, anyways the point is this is worth it and when I went home for Christmas my sister tried it n fell in love and this was one of the Christmas gifts I gave her! It is expensive but I swear I have like a whole huge tube left n I bought it 6 months ago! It is of the highest quality n results ! Loves it! I give it my stamp of approval times a billion!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works well as a spot concealer and dries to a powder matte finish. As an undereye concealer this is not so good. It settles into fine lines and causes undereye skin to look cakey and crepey. For a high end undereye concealer, La Mer the Radiant Concealer works much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by LilMissDani

I was looking for a concealer that would mainly cover my post acne marks and the dark circles under my eyes. After spending a ton of money on many other concealers ranging from cheap drugstore brands to highly expensive ones ($75 +), I finally decided to give in and went to buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.

PRO:
- Covers every mark/discoloration on my face flawlessly

- Nice creamy formula makes it is easy to apply and product literally melts into your skin

- Great quality (in terms of pigment and color intensity- *a little goes a VERY long way)

- You don't get that chalky/drying effect that most concealer tend to produce when you apply it

- Comes in a cute blue twisting tube, so you control how much you want to use without being wasteful (*and again a little goes a very long way- believe me when I say this because I usually go through products faster than anyone else I know)

CON:
- Extremely limited color selection, so major kudos to those that have found an exact match without having to mix this concealer with another one to get your shade like I do.

- Pricey and I found that I can get similiar results for a cheaper price with Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (sold in Sephora), and with the Makeup Forever Pallette that a few other reviewers have mentioned.

- If you apply too much concelear it will tend to crease into your fine lines and accentuate them due to the creamy formula.
Therefore I highly recommend applying this product VERY liberally after moisturizing your face. I usually get the best results when I apply it with my ring finger (slight dabbing it) as opposed to with a brush- and this method will certainly conserve the life of this product since you will only be using what you applied on your finger. And lastly do NOT forget to set this concealer with any powder that you use or else you will definitely get creasing throughout the day.

Overall: If you find the perfect color match then I would highly recommend this concealer to those that do not mind splurging on it. Hesitant to purchase? Then try taking other reviewers recommendations on cheaper alternatives to this product, and if all else fails then by all means go out and get this product- you will not be disappointed.

(*Also just as a sidenote: I really believe that concealer should be something that you splurge on because it is the most powerful tool in your makeup bad that can diminish flaws instantly and give the illusion of radiant, flawless, and youthful skin*)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No