December 20, 2014 | 1088 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by georgette7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best concealer I've ever used and I think I tried them all. Doesn't cake. Glides on and brightens. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by taylerrobertson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Life Saver. That is exactly what I consider this concealer to be. You can layer it on over red areas and pimples and it wont cake, lasts all day, and conceals like a dream. It is a full coverage, creamy concealer and although it may be pretty pricey, one tube goes a looong way. I've been using the same tube in ivory for almost a year with everyday use and I still have a pretty good sized nub left in my tube! I apply it by dabbing my ring finger onto the top of the stick and then gently patting it on my zit or imperfection as needed and they just seem to disappear! It lasts all day long, even after 2 hour volleyball practices and sweating buckets its still on and looks perfect! Also it does not make any problem areas worse/irritates skin (I would know as I have very fair, sensitive skin). It stays put under the eyes all day too however I don't use it there daily as I am only 17 and do not have dark circles yet :).The color matches my fair skin beautifully and I would never ever trade this concealer for anything else because it is the most effective one I've ever used!

So, overall:
Creamy, full coverage
lasts all day, even through sweat!
ivory matches very fair skin beautifully
does not irritate skin
works like magic for disguising zits and redness
wont crease and is never cakey
multiple layers can be applied with it still looking natural
one stick lasts a very very long time!
very highly pigmented so a little goes a long way

Hope this helped someone out there! I really do 100% recommend it, it is a fantastic investment and my search for the perfect concealer to last me through long stressful days at school and volleyball practices is over!! Thank you Cle De Peau!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is ridiculously expensive.

However, this is the best concealer on the market. I have young, healthy, glowing skin, and I use a dab of this under my eyes and around my nose before I apply foundation (either NARS Sheer Glow or Cle de Peau foundations) and I look almost airbrushed. I have used this as a spot treatment for those 'once in a while' hormonal breakouts. This is the most natural, but yet, highest coverage concealer I have ever used.

I don't think I can say anything about this that hasn't been said already. It is truly an amazing product. The coverage is amazing, yet this feels natural and light weight. It's creamy, it blends easily, it lasts all day.

This isn't for everybody as it is extremely expensive, but a little goes a long way. For stubborn under eye circles this is the best. I will use this forever, but if I do somehow go broke - NARS cream duo concealer is almost as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a miracle product, if you buy the right color. I use a synthetic bristle concealer brush and apply the concealer ONLY to the discolored bits of my circles, melasmas, etc. By only applying it to the discolored areas, I end up with nothing in my creases. The stuff doesn't move off once I place it accurately, even if I add a few layers. Even better, on the days when I forget to use eye cream, the concealer still works great and does not cake. As I said, I really think the right brush and, if you're over 40, a magnifying mirror, are key.

Incidentally, I have sensitive eyes, and I have zero problems with this. For the first time in my life, I can use concealer on my lids. Zero eye irritation.

Here is the caveat: The first time I visited a CdP counter, the saleslady convinced me to purchase ochre. It's true that simply by skin shade (medium) ochre is correct. However, I have very cool, pinky skin. I walked into a brightly lit washroom one night and was aghast to see green bags under my eyes! The color completely clashed with my skin and my foundation. I went back and bought beige and am happy. I suppose there is a chance I'll have raccoon eyes in photos, but the pigment in beige matches my skintone. Thus, unless the company starts making more colors, I'd carefully balance skintone vs. level when choosing the color.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by impeccable02

I cannot live without this concealer. I used to be a concealer junkie always searching, searching for years, trying so many different things. Since i started using this i have not used another and ironically I think I'm saving money on concealer since using Cle De Peau. I have bought some others out of curiosity, but they are left mostly untouched because nothing, nothing compares to Cle de Peau concealer (Ochre).

_Never creases
_Never cakes
_Looks totally natural
_Stays-put
_Completely natural colour
_blends like a dream
_Fantastic coverage for dark circles, scars, blemishes and skin discolourage
_Never goes orange on you due to humidity, summer, perspiration etc....
_Ideal for achieving the flawless, natural looks.

If I was only allowed to continue using 1 make-up item for the rest of my life I would pick this.

PERFECTION incarnated

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by chubbybutterfly

Very very limited range of colour. I don't think it is as great as the rage reviews in magazines. it really covers whatever you need to cover. If you're lucky and they have your shade, buy it. But if the shades do not match to your skin, then this is not the one for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I read the reviews here about this concealer how magical and fabulous it is I thought that it will be my HG. So wrong! I already have a HG concealer - MakeUp Forever Heavy Duty. So I don't know what else I wanted here - skies opening and cherubs singing. For the price that I paid ($95 CAN!!!) I guess at least I expected it to perform and conceal well.
Not the case - color selection is BOOOOO- 4 shades. I couldn't find the right one somewhat between Ocher and Ivory. But my main beef - it didn't conceal anything - OK, I don't expect it to conceal my cysts, but flat red marks from scars - yes. It does apply nicely and spreads on the face without causing irritation or inflamation but once you start blending it just gives a slight concealing effect. I might as well use 2 layers of my FD. I thought I would use it for my undereye area and it caked like there is no tomorrow. I had so many wrinkles I could have applied for the pension afterwards. Off it went to Holt Renfrew. Sorry MUFE take me back I will never stray again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by chuu00

After failing to find a concealer that covers as well as CDP, I went back to it and I love it now. I've been using it everyday and it just covers well. I think with this concealer, you need to warm it up with your fingers first. If you do that, this blends like a DREAM. I usually swipe it under my eyes, wait 2 secs, then blend it with Sephora's concealer brush (#57). Works amazing well, I will definitely be re-purchasing. Screw what I said before!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY concealer shade I have found that perfectly matches my olive complexion-OCHRE !

It never flakes and always stays put ! It's expensive as hell, but a tube has lasted me a whole year !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lucky888lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

The best concealer I've ever used. It's silky smooth and blends flawlessly. No caking for me.