April 18, 2014 | 1783 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbear87

I adore cle de peau products! And this is what started it all I have underey circles which are the bane of my existence-jk but this makes it not even a problem anymore I bought the Laura mercies secret camouflage which covered well but was dryinh and I looked like I was a million years old and I was 22 at the time, I used Mac gel concealer and regular concealer n it just like slid off my skin or whatever and looked like I had to reapply it. I used other trash that was supposedly good, anyways the point is this is worth it and when I went home for Christmas my sister tried it n fell in love and this was one of the Christmas gifts I gave her! It is expensive but I swear I have like a whole huge tube left n I bought it 6 months ago! It is of the highest quality n results ! Loves it! I give it my stamp of approval times a billion!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works well as a spot concealer and dries to a powder matte finish. As an undereye concealer this is not so good. It settles into fine lines and causes undereye skin to look cakey and crepey. For a high end undereye concealer, La Mer the Radiant Concealer works much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by LilMissDani

I was looking for a concealer that would mainly cover my post acne marks and the dark circles under my eyes. After spending a ton of money on many other concealers ranging from cheap drugstore brands to highly expensive ones ($75 +), I finally decided to give in and went to buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.

PRO:
- Covers every mark/discoloration on my face flawlessly

- Nice creamy formula makes it is easy to apply and product literally melts into your skin

- Great quality (in terms of pigment and color intensity- *a little goes a VERY long way)

- You don't get that chalky/drying effect that most concealer tend to produce when you apply it

- Comes in a cute blue twisting tube, so you control how much you want to use without being wasteful (*and again a little goes a very long way- believe me when I say this because I usually go through products faster than anyone else I know)

CON:
- Extremely limited color selection, so major kudos to those that have found an exact match without having to mix this concealer with another one to get your shade like I do.

- Pricey and I found that I can get similiar results for a cheaper price with Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (sold in Sephora), and with the Makeup Forever Pallette that a few other reviewers have mentioned.

- If you apply too much concelear it will tend to crease into your fine lines and accentuate them due to the creamy formula.
Therefore I highly recommend applying this product VERY liberally after moisturizing your face. I usually get the best results when I apply it with my ring finger (slight dabbing it) as opposed to with a brush- and this method will certainly conserve the life of this product since you will only be using what you applied on your finger. And lastly do NOT forget to set this concealer with any powder that you use or else you will definitely get creasing throughout the day.

Overall: If you find the perfect color match then I would highly recommend this concealer to those that do not mind splurging on it. Hesitant to purchase? Then try taking other reviewers recommendations on cheaper alternatives to this product, and if all else fails then by all means go out and get this product- you will not be disappointed.

(*Also just as a sidenote: I really believe that concealer should be something that you splurge on because it is the most powerful tool in your makeup bad that can diminish flaws instantly and give the illusion of radiant, flawless, and youthful skin*)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Bellexpert

This covers ANYTHING while blending naturally. It doesn't crease or disappear during the whole day even thought it's creamy!
It is too expensive for a concealer..
Take it or leave it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hyemimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down my HG under-eye concealer. Have been using the Beige shade for about ten years ever since it was and has been countlessly featured in InStyle magazine's Best Beauty Buys. Highly pigmented so a little goes a long way, which also means a tube lasts forever (maybe 2 years?). I apply with my Shu Uemura concealer brush and gently pat/blend with my ring finger. The stuff just covers my moderate dark circles and veins around eyes perfectly without caking. This is NOT a heavy coverage concealor that will mask really dark circles. Rather it's brightening, very natural looking, has perfect texture, blends perfectly and has great staying power. As I've gotten older my dark circles have gotten well, darker. So I've been applying Smashbox Under-eye Photo Op Brightener underneath my CDP concealer; both pair nicely together. I am on my 4th or 5th tube and will never be without this amazing and beautiful concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do you HAVE to have this? no. it is a splurge at 70+. that being said, i really enjoy it. the quality is gorgeous and it has great coverage. i have had it for over 3 months and only used 1/4 of it so its not too insane. i also caught my husband using it and about chopped his digits off. i never noticed he was wearing concealer because this is so natural. highly recommend

Edit: I stopped using this for a while and had forgotten how much I loved it. Well, it's back in my beauty bag and people have commented how rested i look. That alone is worth the price!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when my favourite Holt SA called me as soon as they had Honey stocked, and when I came in I was doubtful it would match my skintone. Although it's not a perfect match (I have to use Bobbi Brown's corrector first) the texture and pigmentation of the two combined is just perfect. Since there is no SPF, it's also ideal for photoshoots.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by CobraChick222

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this highly pigmented concealer!

I have a problem with my oily skin with anything staying put more than a couple of hours and this has clung to blemishes like glue. I use it sparingly under my eyes and it stays all day (I just use it in area closest to my nose don't go fully beneath my eyes).

I am extremely fair and the ivory blends in seamlessly. I was a little concerned based on some of the comments that I would have a problem as I typically can't find foundations that match, and always have problems with foundations and powders showing up as yellow on my skin but this blends right in flawlessly. I typically dab the stick on whatever I'm trying to cover, let it sit 30 seconds to a minute and then blend in with my fingers and set with Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

Now to try the foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by golightly

I bought this in Japan in 2006, and have finally hit the bottom of the tube in 2011, so the price per wear ratio has been exceptionally good. I tend to only use it on spots and discoloration, by tapping it on with a finger. It looks like skin, but the staying power isn't great, although I am a bit oily skinned -- there's a bit too much slip. In comparison with the Laura Mercier secret camoflauge, this one has a lot more slip. I do feel like it looks much more natural and is quite a lot easier to work with than the LM concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by rhapsody

I've had several go-to concealers over the years and this is my favorite for the last several years. I like the slip of it as I apply it (I pat it on or use a brush to apply the color and then pat), I like the color, and I love the coverage. On me it doesn't settle into wrinkles and I DO use powder on top of it. For me it's entirely worth the price. I have bought a dozen more reasonably priced concealers that I've had to throw away because either the consistency, color, or coverage weren't good. I highly recommend this product. If you want, you can always have a rep apply it and see how it wears for a day before purchasing it....