October 21, 2014 | 1937 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is ridiculously expensive.

However, this is the best concealer on the market. I have young, healthy, glowing skin, and I use a dab of this under my eyes and around my nose before I apply foundation (either NARS Sheer Glow or Cle de Peau foundations) and I look almost airbrushed. I have used this as a spot treatment for those 'once in a while' hormonal breakouts. This is the most natural, but yet, highest coverage concealer I have ever used.

I don't think I can say anything about this that hasn't been said already. It is truly an amazing product. The coverage is amazing, yet this feels natural and light weight. It's creamy, it blends easily, it lasts all day.

This isn't for everybody as it is extremely expensive, but a little goes a long way. For stubborn under eye circles this is the best. I will use this forever, but if I do somehow go broke - NARS cream duo concealer is almost as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a miracle product, if you buy the right color. I use a synthetic bristle concealer brush and apply the concealer ONLY to the discolored bits of my circles, melasmas, etc. By only applying it to the discolored areas, I end up with nothing in my creases. The stuff doesn't move off once I place it accurately, even if I add a few layers. Even better, on the days when I forget to use eye cream, the concealer still works great and does not cake. As I said, I really think the right brush and, if you're over 40, a magnifying mirror, are key.

Incidentally, I have sensitive eyes, and I have zero problems with this. For the first time in my life, I can use concealer on my lids. Zero eye irritation.

Here is the caveat: The first time I visited a CdP counter, the saleslady convinced me to purchase ochre. It's true that simply by skin shade (medium) ochre is correct. However, I have very cool, pinky skin. I walked into a brightly lit washroom one night and was aghast to see green bags under my eyes! The color completely clashed with my skin and my foundation. I went back and bought beige and am happy. I suppose there is a chance I'll have raccoon eyes in photos, but the pigment in beige matches my skintone. Thus, unless the company starts making more colors, I'd carefully balance skintone vs. level when choosing the color.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by impeccable02

I cannot live without this concealer. I used to be a concealer junkie always searching, searching for years, trying so many different things. Since i started using this i have not used another and ironically I think I'm saving money on concealer since using Cle De Peau. I have bought some others out of curiosity, but they are left mostly untouched because nothing, nothing compares to Cle de Peau concealer (Ochre).

_Never creases
_Never cakes
_Looks totally natural
_Stays-put
_Completely natural colour
_blends like a dream
_Fantastic coverage for dark circles, scars, blemishes and skin discolourage
_Never goes orange on you due to humidity, summer, perspiration etc....
_Ideal for achieving the flawless, natural looks.

If I was only allowed to continue using 1 make-up item for the rest of my life I would pick this.

PERFECTION incarnated

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by chubbybutterfly

Very very limited range of colour. I don't think it is as great as the rage reviews in magazines. it really covers whatever you need to cover. If you're lucky and they have your shade, buy it. But if the shades do not match to your skin, then this is not the one for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I read the reviews here about this concealer how magical and fabulous it is I thought that it will be my HG. So wrong! I already have a HG concealer - MakeUp Forever Heavy Duty. So I don't know what else I wanted here - skies opening and cherubs singing. For the price that I paid ($95 CAN!!!) I guess at least I expected it to perform and conceal well.
Not the case - color selection is BOOOOO- 4 shades. I couldn't find the right one somewhat between Ocher and Ivory. But my main beef - it didn't conceal anything - OK, I don't expect it to conceal my cysts, but flat red marks from scars - yes. It does apply nicely and spreads on the face without causing irritation or inflamation but once you start blending it just gives a slight concealing effect. I might as well use 2 layers of my FD. I thought I would use it for my undereye area and it caked like there is no tomorrow. I had so many wrinkles I could have applied for the pension afterwards. Off it went to Holt Renfrew. Sorry MUFE take me back I will never stray again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by chuu00

After failing to find a concealer that covers as well as CDP, I went back to it and I love it now. I've been using it everyday and it just covers well. I think with this concealer, you need to warm it up with your fingers first. If you do that, this blends like a DREAM. I usually swipe it under my eyes, wait 2 secs, then blend it with Sephora's concealer brush (#57). Works amazing well, I will definitely be re-purchasing. Screw what I said before!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY concealer shade I have found that perfectly matches my olive complexion-OCHRE !

It never flakes and always stays put ! It's expensive as hell, but a tube has lasted me a whole year !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lucky888lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

The best concealer I've ever used. It's silky smooth and blends flawlessly. No caking for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by fornight

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I quite like it but I think the price is really too much. I bought it because there are reviews out there that said it works amazing for dark circles. After using it for nearly a year, I have to say it is a little overhyped that it is good for good circles.

First of all, it is not hydrating enough to cover undereye dark circles. It creases crazily on me. I have combination skin but undereyes are pretty dry. I do put on sufficient eye cream but the concealer just creases badly.

I do like it when it comes to concealing other blemishes on my skin example cheeks. If you are going to wear it for a long time, you need to make sure you touch up your make up by "powdering" over it because if your skin is a little bit oily, the concealor will just slide off my skin after 8 hours or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbear87

I adore cle de peau products! And this is what started it all I have underey circles which are the bane of my existence-jk but this makes it not even a problem anymore I bought the Laura mercies secret camouflage which covered well but was dryinh and I looked like I was a million years old and I was 22 at the time, I used Mac gel concealer and regular concealer n it just like slid off my skin or whatever and looked like I had to reapply it. I used other trash that was supposedly good, anyways the point is this is worth it and when I went home for Christmas my sister tried it n fell in love and this was one of the Christmas gifts I gave her! It is expensive but I swear I have like a whole huge tube left n I bought it 6 months ago! It is of the highest quality n results ! Loves it! I give it my stamp of approval times a billion!