November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ct0118

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME!!!! I usually walk out of the house by 7 am and by 8:30 am I have the greasy creaseys rather I have on shadow or not. I've tried Cliniques primer --- CRAP. I've tried Origins --- CRAP. This one goes on smooth and my shadow looks just like new when I go in to wash my face at night. I can't believe it. I've been using it now for 3 weeks. Some days I only wear the primer - very nice.

I thought the price was pretty inexpensive compared to what I spend on skin care (I use Clarins).

A quick note: the sales person recommended twisting the product up and warm it between your 2 index fingers and smooth onto eyelids. This way, you're not wasting product and you only use what's needed. VERY NICE. Now I feel like I've finally know how you get the look that you see on TV, Magazines, etc. I was always kind of wowed when I saw people with nicely madeup eyes. Now I have it too.

I had read some reviews that Prime Time only works with Bare Escentual eye shadows. NOT TRUE! I usually buy Prescriptives shadow colors but have some Avon shadows as well and this products works very nicely. As a matter of fact, my color looks more true when using it. I can't say enough about it. I'm very pleased to say the least.

If you have greasy creasys, just try it. You can return if you're not satisfied, but I dont believe that will happen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little background - I am allergic to parabens in eye products. Therefore, UDPP & TFSI is a huge no-no for me. I don't have oily or dry lids. I guess they would be more to the dry side, if I had to choose. My problem is that after a few hours, my shadows tend to meld into one color and I loose the color definition over time.

I have tried Decrease (yuck!), CS Eye Poxy, Chanel, Lumine - Nothing compares to BE! This stuff rocks! My shadows look just-applied-fresh all day. I like the applicator but I do smooth it out with my fingers.

Gotta love the added bonus that this product is actually good for your skin, too. Love this stuff. Will be repurchasing again and again.

**Edit** I am happy to report that my love affair with this stuff is alive and well. Not once have I had my shadows crease on me. Not even a smidge. This will be one of my staples for sure! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lilmaggy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eyelid primer. I was huge into Urban decays primer potion but a few years back I decided to cut out as many chemicals in my makeup, skincare, haircare that have been linked to cancer or that are just plain BAD for you and unfortunatly I had to ditch the UDpp it has talc, and 5 different types of parabens. So I wanted something that would still make my eyeshadow stay on forever.. well just through the day at least.. and I started looking up all types of eye primers.. too faced shadow insurance-talc.. and so on... finally I found this one and I honestly think it works the same as the udpp. This one retails for 16.00 at sephora and it's paraben free, sulfate free, synthetic fragrance free, synthetic dyes free, phthalates free... SOO all in all GOOD STUFF... Love it and haven't found another primer like it. Highly Highly reccomend that everyone try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lvlichie

This is the only Eyelid primer I've ever tried so i don't have anything to compare it to but I think its amazing. I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids and this primer really does work wonders. My shadows last all day with it. Last weekend i went out clubbing, forgot to wash my face at night (i know, don't kill me lol) n when i woke up the next morning my eye shadows looked exactly the same. I use my finger to apply it I feel that works best, it spreads easily and dries quickly. The only downside of it IMO is the packaging. I don't hate the twist up style container it comes in. I just don't like that i can't see how much product is left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

For now, I can honestly say that I dig it. I was extremely hesitant because I love Urban Decay Primer Potion and hate Too Face Shadow Insurance, and I heard that it is similar to the latter. I still use UDPP on occasions but I wanted a less toxic alternative (paraben free, phthalates free, etc.) and found this after doing some research. The texture is thicker than the other two and is more of a concealer without actually covering much. I love it so far! I tested it on my hand against the UDPP, and it is so weird but it lasted longer. I then tried it on my oily eyelids and its has been working well. I would not say buy it because it works better, but it seems to do the job and is more "natural" (still has some ingredients I cannot pronounce but nothing too bad) so it is a winner for now. It is just a bit expensive for the amount you get :-(.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by venteux

Wow. I had no idea what I was missing! I have creaseless, asian eyes and eyeliner always smudges and fades away on me! This primer is amazing. It goes on easily, and lasts all day. I do a couple of swipes of this, and then line my eyes with eyeshadow using an eyeliner brush and voila! Perfect eyeliner that lasts all day! Would I repurchase? DEFINITELY!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Lovingthrill

I went on a BE spree since I am returning to the foundations after a few years of not using them. I decided to get the primer since I was already in the store and the mall did not have a sephora for me to pick up that urban decay one. I did not like this. It did go on smoothly for me but there just wasn't any staying power. Less than 3 hours it seemed like my makeup is just as it usually was when I didn't wear the primer. I was very disappointed. I am glad I made sure I can take it back because that is where it is going. I hope that urban decay can help me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have such mixed feelings about this product. there is one pro, in that it keeps my eyeshadow on. i haven't tried the other popular primers yet (i'm getting too faced shadow insurance if i ever run out of this crap) so i have nothing to compare it to, but at least it has that going for it. i have dry skin but extremely oily eyelids, btw.

now, everything else. where to begin? the applicator is useless, even leslie blodgett herself suggests using your finger. the problem with that is that you don't get a very precise application and since this is not a clear formula, you can see it. a brush doesn't blend it well enough. it also gets all over my eyelashes no matter how careful i am and it's impossible to get off.

i hate the twist up style container because you never get the right amount this way. it reminds me of hair mousse, you know how some hair mousses just keep coming out of the top? that's how this is. it's also slow to respond, so when i twist once nothing happens. i wait, twist again, and a tiny bit comes out but not enough. one more twist, i feel like the entire contents of the tube is curling out of the top.

when applying eyeshadow, i feel like the brush kind of sticks and tugs this, and it makes it a lot more difficult to blend my eyeshadows.

i'm not wasteful so i'm going to use it until it runs out, and i really hope that happens soon. but i have no way of knowing because another flaw is that it is impossible to tell how much you have left. i would consider this a con even if i weren't trying to get rid of it, because i wouldn't want to go to use it one day and discover i have none left.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I am so glad I found this product!!! My eyeshadow has not stayed on all day long for the past couple of years due to my oily lids and I was beginning to think I should just stick with mascara. Found this by accident...I was replacing my foundation at the Bare Escentuals store and on a whim decided to pick this up. Boy am I glad I did!! I am amazed at how great this stuff works! I had tried other products that just did not deliver. I will definately repurchase cause this stuff rocks!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

This stuff works. I'm very impressed. Keeps things in place all day and makes them easier to apply.

Works better than Too Faced Shadow Insurance, IMO.

Non-drying and non-irritating (from someone with very very sensitive eye area).