BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 2/15/2014 9:45:00 AM

for some reason I kept buying these benefit liquid tints and complexion highlighters until I now have them all. I thought there must be something great that they cost so much. ...unless u don't use any foundations this doesn't really do anything because putting powder over covers it up and putting it over powder or liquid foundation ruins your finish.

on 2/9/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product will give you a light pinkish-white sheen and isn't glittery at all! I like to use this at the corners of my eyes and on the top of my lips (cupidsbow) but on my cheeks this can be to white and frosty for my NC30 skin. I also don't like the packaging you cannot get the last bit of product out, because the brush does not reach the bottom or the sides so a lot of product goes to waste. It's not a bad product just bad packaging and not suitable for my skintone I prefer to use Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl which is a better match for me!

on 1/30/2014 10:14:00 AM

I must have stood in front of the Benefit counter at Ulta for 15 minutes contemplating whether I should drop $26 on this gleaming pink bottle. I swatched it on my hand next to NYX's liquid highlighter and it totally stole the spotlight. The latter looked like cheap glitter next to High Beam. I went home and immediately applied it to the highest part of my cheek bones and above my brow bone using the RT Stippling Brush. At first glance, you really cant notice it. But once you turn your face, I promise you'll see yourself gleaming in the light. A little goes a long way with this one therefor it's bound to last you a good while. The only thing I wish they'd change is the nail polish type of bottle. It calls for some messiness and it's nearly impossible to reach the bottom when you start running out.

on 1/29/2014 10:55:00 AM

I love the way this looks on my skin. I use it on my cheeks, cupids bow, corners of the eye and sometimes brow bone. The packaging could be better. The nail polish type bottle and applicator makes for a lot of product going to waste when you're running low. I'd say that's about the only negative. I like being able to use my fingers to blend, sort of like the way you would with blushes that are stains, you need to blend the product well so it doesn't look to cakey or ends up all over the place. Definately give it a try!

on 1/28/2014 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would be absolutely lost without my high beam! I use it everyday and with every look. Pop a bit on your cheekbones over your foundation and add some blusher and it really gives my cheeks a much needed lift. Adding a drop on my brow bone is worth it too.

on 1/27/2014 12:25:00 PM

Ive been using this product for 8 years and it is a must have in my collection. It is definitely my HG of highlighters thats for sure. It gives my face a beautiful glow that if applied correctly doesnt look overdone. It works wonders to put in the inner corners of my eyes, on my cupids bow, & cheek bones.It is lovely underneath the brows to give them a little pop of brightness. I absolutely love to use it to contour with, and I find it looks really pretty underneath blush as well.

I dislike the packaging especially because the little brush will contaminate the product if you use it directly on your face.the brush also applies way to much product for certain areas of the face, so I prefer to dab it on my hand and then use a brush or my fingers. It is also a bit pricey but it lasts a very long time.

Tips for using this product : use a light hand! ive heard it works great with a stippling brush but I have never tried it. Also it works much better with a lipgloss style makeup wand. not sure of the exact name sorry, but here is a link to what I mean http://www.newlifesystems.com/products/disposable-lip-gloss-applicator-425-50-count/?sourcecode=NGOOPF&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shop&utm_campaign=Shopping%2BComparison%2BSites&gclid=CMf2tJ_vnrwCFatcMgodHgIAkQ

on 1/26/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG highlighter for a sheer, dewy finish. If you like glitter or shimmer then this isn't the one for you. It's beautiful for subtle highlighting.

on 1/26/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really nice highlighter when I want that glowly look. I apply this on the my cheek bones, nose bridge and brow bone on top of my moisturizer before I apply powder. And it gives the subtle glow when the light hits certain areas of my face. The packaging is like a nail polish bottle but I don't like how it clumps on the stick of the applicator just like how a nail polish would. Maybe it would be better like a twist top instead. But the product is just wonderful. It is a little pricy it is AUD$40, however a little goes a long way so it will last a long while :)

on 1/25/2014 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this highlighter for when I want a dramatic highlight! It can look a bit light/stark against my tan skin so I save it for the winter when I want a bit more of a glow to my face. I love how versatile it can be! It can be mixed into a face cream, or mixed into a foundation, or mixed with a concealer. Or just used the "regular" way. I like to use it down my cheek bones and then stipple it with my fingers in quick tapping motions and then dust powder overtop and BAM good to go!

on 1/21/2014 11:45:00 AM

So as always the packaging is cute (if not a little unusual as it looks like nail varnish!) and the product is fantastic. it gives a really subtle shimmer and is easily blended. i just love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials