January 27, 2015 | 2230 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Superior Preference Hair Colour

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by julie3000julie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this hair color for 10 years. No matter what shade of blond I use, it always comes out the exact color on the box, which is nice, no surprises! The only complaint I have is that lately my hair has been very brassy, so I'm going to try something else. Other than that, I would recommend this product to any blondes, just make sure the color on the box is the color you want!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Jeanneelise

I have been using L'Oreal preference for at least a couple of years . I just purchased a box to refresh my hair color.

The box said "new" on it . I thought that was strange and wanted to see if the "new" was any better.

NOPE

There is noticeably less dye!! I have a short hair style , not even touching my shoulders and didn't have enough to cover .
It was shocking. I have about an inch in the bottle and about a quarter inch in the color. They had never been opened and the box was pristine.
I guess the "new" is like everything else now less of it for the same price!!

BEWARE if you have hair even to your shoulders , the
" NEW" Version will NOT cover your hair.

I did go back to the store and opened up a couple of boxes to make sure it just wasn't a single issue. NOPE all of them had the same amount. Much Less.

I

L'Oreal this is not acceptable!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by odj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this haircolor for the past 20 years, and have been pretty satisfied, until they changed the gloves to the cheaper ill-fitting plastic, versus the original latex. great fitting gloves. I am so disappointed. I sure hope that they choose to change back soon, and have sales on this product more often.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Jinx41

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was really drippy so of course I got it all over my carpet which never happens with my other at home colors. The conditioner was really nice and creamy. The color didn't last long for my resistant grays which I have at the hairline. I actually tried revlon colorsilk today and really liked it better than this product. It was also much cheaper than the loreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by brizz

I had to give a review for this product due to all the bad reviews I read about it. I had no trouble at all with any drips and the smell wasn't any worse than other hair colors. My color came out exactly like I wanted and it covered the little bit of grays I have. I'm glad I tried this despite the complaints that I read about it. Since I just used it today, I don't know about fading yet. But I will buy this again the next time I color my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by live2teach

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Found a great sale, so thought I'd try this product. My hair is more than 50% gray, so coverage is important, especially since a good 2" of roots were showing on my previously salon-dyed hair. Used the dark brown shade, and the colour was true to the lightest picture on the package. I do like the final colour and texture, and do not find it dull or dried out, as others have mentioned. However, I do have to agree with other reviewers who found this product excessively smelly and messy! I could not believe how messy this stuff was to use. It just seemed to drip everywhere. Yuck. Would not buy this product again, simply because it was so darn messy - I will stick to the thicker cream colour formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really like this product line. I was born with very light blonde hair which has turned into a darker "dirty" blonde as I've gotten older. For about the past 19 years, I have had my hair professionally highlighted with light blonde to lighten the overall appearance of my hair. Well, after being a blonde my entire life, I decided to be a brunette... I had my hairdresser dye my hair a medium brown shade and she added caramel highlights. It looked great! I have now decided to save money and ventured on to "box" color at home- I was VERY nervous at first because I have heard horror stories about do-it-yourself hair dye kits. Well, I purchased 6AM Light Amber Brown and decided to go for it. I followed the directions exactly. I did not mind the smell, as I knew hair dye would not smell good, and, I did not have the trouble with the dripping as other reviewers seemed to have (this is the only at-home hair dye that I have used, so I do not have anything else to compare it to). I did take precaution and wore an old tee shirt and wrapped an old towel over my shoulders. I did notice a couple of small drips on the counter top, which I wiped off immediately and there was not stain left behind. The color turned out almost exactly as it was shown on the box! It had a bit more of a red tint, but with the "Amber" in the name, that is what I was sort of expecting.The color held true for about 5 weeks (I wash my hair daily) and then began to fade to a lighter brown with golden blonde highlights near the crown of my head. It actually looked pretty, but I wanted to be darker again. I waited about 2 more weeks then tried again. This last time I used 5CB Medium Chestnut Brown. Again, the color came out very similiar to that on the box. This turned out a deeper brown with a hint of reddish hue, which I have received many compliments on. I am very pleased with this hair color line and will continue to use. I have long (past my shoulders) hair and have not noticed any damage to my hair at all (love the conditioner that comes with it)! I cannot speak for grey coverage because fortunately, I do not have many grey hairs yet. Overall, two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been so long on the market one wonders why L'Oreal doesn't bother to update this product to 2011 standards...

First, that horrible stench. I'm not someone who's super sensitive to odors (certainly not the "ohmygod-this-mascara-smells-so-bad-i-got-a-headache" type) but this kit truly REEKS. I can't close my bathroom door using this like I do when using every other brand.

Second, this drips way too much, the dye stays 10 minutes more than I intend to on my head because I keep cleaning up drips and stains every 2 minutes while I'm still putting it on my hair for fear the stains become permanent on floors and sinks. Excellence and Garnier have thicker creamy formulas, why keep this as liquidy as some some cheap 80s dye?

Gave two lippies for the color results that are usually accurate, but I can use other brands that are just as accurate without all the annoyance.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used Medium Blond, I normally use Clairol Med Golden Blond but the store was out so I thought I would try this.
The color was a little flat, I guess I needed the blond. After 2 weeks I can see about 5 inches of gray where the color has washed out. I will go back to the Clairol Color Blend, it is a really good color for the money and time. I will not use this Loreal Preference again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

i bought the color light ash brown. it was the first time i was gonna dye my whole head & this was what i used. it turned out REALLY great. it turned my black asian hair into a nice cool toned brown. i had a really good experience with this hair dye. it comes with a really nice conditioner. but now that they re-made the tube for the conditioner ! now its in a nice gold packaging & theres way more product. i think this is worth trying.