Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

on 6/9/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I must be the only one who got not one, but TWO dud bottles that were basically liquid. I'd happily gone through two tubes without any consistency issues (hence the 4 stars), then I bought a new tube only to have the gel run all over the mouth guard included, like it was liquid. I thought maybe I just got unlucky, and bought another bottle from the same Walgreens. Yeah, liquified again. I did some Googling and found that there had been some stability issues with recent batches. I'm afraid to buy another dud bottle and waste even more money... even though it's been a few months since the last time I bought some. Might give it another try, because I truly loved it when it was the consistency it should have been. Hopefully you don't have my luck!

on 5/29/2011 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used this with mouthguards as recommended by Kandee and it works WONDERFULLY. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wow. I LOVE this stuff. It gets your teeth noticeably white after only a few uses (my husband even noticed!) AND causes NO sensitivity in me. This is the only whitening thing I've been able to stick to after having bought and tried many different things for year because anything else made my teeth really sensitive after a few uses and that just makes me feel stabby. And SO cheap! I already had some trays to use with this (though not custom ones). I apply it with a Q-tip and then use those little in between the teeth brushes to get it in between my teeth and whiten. Really couldn't be happier --- have been telling everyone I know about this!

on 5/10/2011 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this since high school, and am now 22, so it's been a good 5-6 years. I really like it a lot! I whiten often with the highest power Crest strips, but this works great too. The tray that the kit comes with is super comfy, and normally I despise trays. A little of the gel goes a long way. My teeth really are noticeably whitened after using this even a few times. I love that the gel tubes are only like, $5USD, so I can just keep using my old tray. I would say this is almost as good as, if not just like, the Crest strips. I have another girlfriend who uses this religiously as well, and her teeth are glowy too. There's no foul taste at all, and it doesn't sting or burn, even if I have an ulcer (I'm prone to them because of some stomach disorders I have). If it ever foams up too much and feels like it'll gag you, I gently remove the tray, spit the excess out, and replace it for the rest of the time. It says 5 Minute, but my best girlfriend and I tend to leave them in for 20-30 with no sensitivity or ill effects. This is a fantastic buy.

on 5/10/2011 1:27:00 PM

After visiting a new dentist for a cleaning, where the hygienist tried to sell me on $560 Zoom whitening (including trays for maintenance), I turned to MUA. I found the reviews for this product, and watched Kandee Johnson's video. So, I went out and bought the kit for $11. I tried to find a mouthguard to do the custom whitening trays that Kandee suggests, but could not find one. So I just used the included trays. Per Kandee's instructions, I used my finger to apply. Then I put in the included mouthguard. Those trays are a little awkward, since the top and bottom are connected (so your mouth is essentially locked shut during the treatment). I use it in the shower, as Kandee suggested. I have been using 1x a day (though the instructions say twice a day) for about 10 days, and my teeth are definitely whiter. Not professionally whitened white (yet), but very noticeably whiter. The crest whitestrips never did much for me, and left my teeth and gums very sensitive. This is much more effective, and my teeth and gums are only the tiniest bit sensitive from the treatments. MUA and Kandee saved me $549 with this product! :)

on 5/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! Like a lot of people here, I saw this recommended by Kandee Johnson, and bought the mouth guards and boiled them to fit my teeth and all that.

The first time I applied it, I used my finger like she suggested, but I didn't feel like I was very precise, so then I used a Q-tip and it was even worse. Seemed to make my teeth whiter but not great.

But then I thought to use an old ANGLED EYELINER BRUSH. Perfection! I get a thin coating on the whole thing, then press it between each of my teeth, then I get some more and kind of "stipple" it onto each of my front teeth. It allows for incredible precision, and it only took a pea-sized amount to do my whole mouth. This tube is going to last me forever!

And oh yeah, it works!

on 5/4/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

nothing but raves for this product.

background: i dont smoke or drink coffee or tea, but i admit that i'd been bad about not brushing twice a day every day, and my teeth were starting to look yellow, especially on the edges, in between teeth.

i got this at walmart for around 5 bucks, so the price is awesome.

it comes in a tube and the product is dispensed easily but doesnt go all over the place.

AND IT WORKS! yay!

the directions say you can apply it several ways, with a qtip, brush it on, or use trays.

i apply it with a qtip, BUT i always make sure i dry my teeth off beforehand. i really think this helps it stick to the teeth and work better.

so, i dry my teeth, dab on a generous amount with a qtip, and then leave it for 25 minutes. directions say it isnt active for more than 20 minutes, but you know, just in case ;) and it starts working AFTER 5 minutes, not that its DONE at 5 minutes! so i dunno why other reviewers took it off so soon!

after 25 minutes, i spit it out and use my toothbrush to brush it off. then i rinse and spit a couple times.

of note:
-- dont talk why you have it on! if i keep my mouth shut it stays in place perfectly, but if i talk it starts to make me drool a little.
-- its supposed to be used twice a day every day for at least a couple weeks, but i forget, and only use it once a day for 3 days at a time or so, and then skip a day or 2. but i've still gotten obvious results after about a week.
-- oh, and it actually tastes pretty good! not an overpowering mint, and you dont taste any chemicals underneath the mint flavor
-- and lastly, i had NO tooth sensitivity, which i got a lot of when using the strips from various brands.

in short, i prefer this over the strips. they stay on place abd IMO, work better, and is waaayyyy cheaper! will definately rebuy!

UPDATE 02/20/12:
juswt figured i'd warn people that this DOES expire! i ended up with over 1/2 a tube of expired product-- all runny and nasty :(

i'll re-buy this, but i'll make sure i use it all up next time!

I too bought this on a Kandee Johnson recommendation. I bought 2 sport mouth guards from Wal Mart and made my molded trays.
I've only been using it for a week and I'm loving the results! I do it twice a day, sometimes once if I have a busy day. I leave them on for longer than 5 mins....anywhere from 15 to 30. I can't wait to see how white my teeth are after the full 2 weeks!
I couldnt imagine using this without the mouth guards...its seems the gel would just slip off and transfer to the lips/gums! The trays keep it right in place. I'll never buy Crest Strips again...I hate how achy they made my teeth feel and how they only covered the front part of your teeth!

on 4/26/2011 12:53:00 PM

I can't wait to see where I am, after the two weeks. I can tolerate this a lot better, than crest's strips. The taste is gross, when you get it on your tongue and if you bite down too much, the gel might come apart from the mouth guard. I was hoping the gel would be packed in the tube, like toothpaste, but it's not. So, I don't think you get as much as you can. But regardless, it's 10 dollars. Now those annoyances aside, it's a great product. My teeth are already two shades lighter. As for sensitivity, I haven't experienced any:)

on 4/23/2011 1:32:00 AM

I'm a really big advocate of just whitening my teeth with straight hydrogen peroxide as a out rinse which works awesome as daily whitening and is infinitely better than paying hundreds of dollars for white strips and trays ect. But this is very very cheap and works faster than peroxide rinse but also makes my teeth sensitive . definitely noticeably whiter 5 min after using this. I probably do this once every couple weeks and rinse with peroxide everyday and my teeth are very white. Don't know why anyone would buy a more expensive whitening system when this is just as strong and like 5$ a tube.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools