October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

Been using this foundaton for about 6 months now. Even though its low coverage the 120ml gives you 4 times the ammount of normal foundations. As i like to have quite natural skin i put one layer of this on and then another layer just in areas of redness. Its dewy finish but i love because i put on powder and still leaves me with a natural glow. Lasts long, smells really nice but nothing harsh. My only con is the shade range isnt the best. I use c1 which is at the lightest. I am quite pale but not really pale and its a tiny bit too dark. Its ok once i apply a light powder though. You can always buy face and body in white aswell to lighten it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by laurahx0

PROS:
-Texture isn't to thick
-A large amount of product for your money
-Good for everyday as it isn't heavy at all
-Large amount of colour range
-Great if you have normalish skin!

CONS:
-Not great on oily or problem skin as it is extremely sheen and can be extremely dewy
-Has broken me out a few times
-I sometimes find it a little too runny

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Enchantingirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Foundation. Sheer but, very buildable. I am C3 in this Foundation and it goes perfect with my skin. The awesome thing about this foundation is even if i go tanner i can still wear this foundation without it looking harsh on me! It is so perfect! and for the price you get an amazing quantity. It gives a nice glow which I love!! and It does not need a powder to set! after application give it 5-10 minutes to sink in and it sets! The place i belong to is extremely hot and humid almost throughout the year and this so far hasn't budged! stays on perfect, doesn't oxidise or melts! and it is not at all heavy! Just perfect, In love with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, eczema-ridden skin with rosacea. My skin has cleared up significantly of late and I was hoping to try some lighter coverage foundations instead of sticking to the usual Estee Lauder Double Wear or Dior Forever Flawless. I soon found out that this foundation was not for me...

[ PROS ]
- Very natural looking finish that can be built up to medium coverage
- Good range of shades to choose from
- Easy to apply (fingers, beauty blender, flat-top kabuki all worked great)
- Did not highlight dry patches like NARS Sheer Glow
- Only needed to blot around the nose area ~4 hours in if set with a powder beforehand
- Convenient packaging

[ CONS ]
- Broke me out after 6 hours of wear the first day (it never got better after testing it out for a few more days): rosacea worsened and I got pimples where I hadn't in a long time
- Oxidized so so so much! C1 matched amazingly well when applied, but within 30 minutes to 1 hour, it became about 2 shades darker ... it almost looked like a fake orange tan

While there are many great qualities, the two major cons are definitely deal breakers. I would definitely not recommend this to people with highly sensitive skin or very light skin tones! :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first apply this foundation I thought in my heart that I have finally found something I like from Mac besides their lipsticks. I really do like its sheer coverage and the ease in application. But sadly whenever I cleanse my face using Clarisonic I had such a difficult time to clean my brush head. When I remove foundation from other brands I do not face this problem and just by washing the brush with baby shampoo will suffice. With Mac face and body foundation I have to wash several times with olive oil and baby shampoo. Do you girls face this problem?? Is this also the cause of some of you breaking out??

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Shanaz03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I didn't know how to feel about this foundation because it was so different from the MUFE and NARS I used in the past. The texture is almost like water, very drippy. I felt as though I had to use a lot of foundation to apply but that is fine since the bottle is so huge and is less expensive than the other foundations.

Overtime, I started to really like this foundation - I have dry skin and after applying the first coat, I felt radiant. Then i toned it down with some powder and voila! Very smooth, blended look.

I was on a quest to find non-SPF foundation after I hated the white cast/flash back ghostly appearance that NARS and MUFE was giving me using flash photography. Mac Face and Body is wonderful for flash photography.

This isn't my holy grail foundation, but I would use this as an everyday foundation given its durability.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would enjoy this foundation but I've been loving it. I'm NC45 and I use a combo of C6 and C7. Because the coverage is sheer I tend to wear this on good skin days.

I apply with my fingers or a brush depending on mood. The foundation is very watery and doesn't move well on skin so I do go through a fair bit of it. Using fingers will extend your blending time but I get a touch more coverage with a dense brush. You can layer this endlessly without looking cakey but I've never achieved more than light coverage so I have to conceal in spots.

I find this most useful for giving an even glow to the skin. It doesn't transfer but it starts to fade after the hour 8 mark - note I set with powder to reduce glow and a setting spray for durability. Overall I love this and will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does look like glowing, healthy skin, with no shimmer, just a dewy look. It does not settle into dry lines and appears to have hydrated my skin slightly. I use N5 which is a match for NW35. This is good for those no makeup days, or days in which one wants to have skin look less dry, such as in winter. The eye dropper tip makes it easy to squeeze too much out though. Great for summer. if looking for a body foundation, this is a great deal for the bigger bottle.

A lot of people compare it to MUFE F&B:
I also have MUFE face and body, which I think looks a little dewier with slightly more coverage. And I mean *slightly* more coverage. This foundation also gives the look of perfectly moisturized, healthy glowing skin. I prefer this one to Mac, but if wearing on the body, mac is cheaper, making it a steal. This is a pump bottle. Great for winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Why, oh why, does EVERY MAC product make me break out??? I think this is an excellent product but it causes an "eruption" w/in a few hours on me. For those of you lucky enough to wear this w/ no problems, I'm truly jealous!!!

This is the most natural looking foundation that I have ever tried. You can't even tell that it's on your skin yet it magically evens everything out. I am an NC20-25 & C2 is my best color (C1 was too light).

Positives: light, natural looking, tons of shades to choose from, non-drying, doesn't cling to dry patches

Negatives: packaging (IMO-big, ugly & cheap-looking), can oxidize if not set w/ powder, can sometimes get greasy-looking in areas

If you've experienced break-outs from MAC's products before definitely get a sample of this before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aznenvazen

I think I've found my HG! I do admit, for the most part, I have clear skin, hardly any discoloration, hardly any imperfections, so it doesn't take much to please me, BUT surprisingly, I don't like A LOT of foundations! I'd say, my biggest issues I have are these bumps that are scattered across my nose and under my eyes. They're not freckles, but rather flesh colored moles? I LOATH them! Thanks to great return policies, I've been able to try many brands and many lines, and decided to try out this F&B stuff. I've noticed heavy/full coverage just piles on top of the bumps and accentuate them more. I hate feeling like I have makeup on! And I hate having to worry about transfer. With the F&B, you put it on and go. No worries through the day, I forget I have makeup on and get pleasantly surprised when a picture of me shows up and I don't look like a savage beast. They camouflage my bumps without bringing more attention (that's the point of camouflage right?)

I use a beauty blender to apply on top of a moisturizer and primer. I buff out any perfections with a brush. And out I go.

I don't notice a scent. It's a watery consistency, but way better than that nude magic stuff. The packaging is nice, easy to control how much to squeeze out. I do use enough to be considered a medium coverage and I feel that I still look natural. But that's objectional. Overall, I love this stuff! Wish I bought a bigger bottle!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No