January 27, 2015 | 2089 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this is WHY I LOVE Makeupalley.com !!!

i read good reviews on this, i went to mac store and tired it.
OMG !!! i have searched for a long time to find perpect color eye shadow for my under brows to hight light it. and i found it !!!!
i bought this right away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Blanc Type is a great matte highlighter if you have fair to light skin. I much prefer matte highlights to shimmery ones, so I had to give this a try. It's a matte^2 formula, so it's very soft and blendable and has good color payoff. On my skin, it pulls just a tiny bit pink even though it's a cream color with yellow tones. It's not a bad thing, but I prefer my old standby highlight Revlon Vintage Lace a little more because it won't pull pink. However, it's nice to have a magnetized round pan highlighter shade that I can throw into a quad and take with me on trips or wherever. I'd say if you're on the market for a good matte highlight and you prefer round pans over single pots, definitely check this out. However, if you are on a budget and don't mind single pots, check out Revlon Vintage Lace instead. The quality is just as good and you get more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this as a highlight color. What really sold me was the consistency which applies and blends like butter! So smooth. I love MACs matte2 formulas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very neutral soft white color with pinkish undertones, it's easy to blend and it has a matte satin finish to it. On my fair skin it doesn't really do a big difference as a highlighter. It's like adding NC15 powder or any pale powder on my brow bone. However, it works great to brighten areas, and blend or brighten other eyeshadows and sharp edges. For me it doesn't give the highlighting effect that I want, so I don't understand the hype. I would not buy this again, not that its bad, but simply because I want to have only a few but good shadows in my collection, and this is not special enough to be included.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blanc Type is the perfect refined highlighter and lid colour. It's got a fabulous texture, applies like a dream, blends like a dream and brightens my eyes like a dream. Great as a lid colour, brow highlight and all over wash of colour and looks great paired with a light contour (Omega or Wedge) and some liner and mascara. It gives a very finished look and the texture is great in terms of application and blending. A total "must have" in any eyeshadow collection, IMO, especially if you are fair and have more pink tones in your skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by melodyylai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. It's the best highlight color for my brow bones because it's a vibrant white/pink color which offsets my yellow undertones and its matte and creamy which is what's so great about it. I would definitely purchase this again if I ran out because I cannot live without this highlight color !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

a staple for my massive makeup collection I reach for this often for highlight and blending, also a great color when i dont feel like wearing much just do it as a wash with some mascara. great matte color pay off :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG highlight, base (at times) and a shadow that can be used as an "eraser shade". This is wonderfully universal and the texture is like butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOOOVE this!!!! I use it as an all-over color and it is beautiful. My HG for everyday color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I recently started my obsession w MAC ... Well I didn't like this color in the pot at all being that I usually use Nylon as a hilight but I loved the way it looks on me ! The perfect matte hilight for med / light complexions ! It's very blendable I totally recommend it for the ones starting out or a must have in any MAC collection ;(