November 27, 2014 | 1554 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Hide the Blemish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in ivory, thinking it would be a great match for my skin, but it is a bit too light. Oh, well. I can still make it work, just wish colors were more accurate! It is a thick stick, but it goes on in a thin layer, so I do have to tap a bit on. I guess we have to tap concealers on, because I've had to do that with EVERY one I've used! Hey, it works! In fact, this works better than the Cover Girl's stick(TOO oily, melted, broke me out)and Maybelline's stick(TOO thick, not blendable, broke me out). It actually covers well and I can get some pretty nasty acne bumps! Stays put, also(well, with Rimmel's Stay Matte!). The reason for a 3? I have to slap quite a bit on for it to cover and it is lighter than other sticks I've used. Also, it is thick, so it's a bit hard to get on my concealer brush. NOT a bad concealer at all. I'll stick to this until I can find anything better. Using this, along with their Clean Finish foundation and Stay Matte powder, looks a bit too light, so I throw on a bit of bronzer. Color selection is a bit light. Update: I first apply my foundation THEN the concealer, so it's not so obvious. WORKS, but the color is STILL light! The more I use this, the more I notice that it really doesn't cover the dark corners of my eyes too well at all. I find this works best for slight blemishes(WHAT are those???)and redness. Anything major? GOOD LUCK! And because it is too light, I mix it in with my foundation(I think the foundation works better as a concealer and the concealer as a foundation!). JUNK! I got so tired of "trying" to make this work, that I have finally given up! Seriously! The clean foundation works a helluva a lot better than this piece of crap! And their colors are TOO light! And I'm light! Bumped it to a big FAT zero. Well, a one, cuz this thing won't allow me to! But I would if I could! Anyway, finally tossed this crap out!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sophie019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I might buy this again because for the price (pretty cheap) it works good. it doesn't cover any spots but I do use it on my nose and chin. I use a concealer brush, the packaging (like a lipstick) is not great (touches your skin all the time: bacteria) but you can clean the brush and swipe it over the concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

Firstly, this product is very cheap (under four dollars in Canada). I picked it up because I was running out of my MAC concealer and did not feel like paying so much for concealer again. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this concealer, it lasted all day through school and work, and it did not crease even on my oily skin. In many other reviews people claim this looks cakey, which I could imagine happening on dry skin. For normal to oil skin unless you pack on the product and don't blend, it looks really nice. Also I like the the lipstick like packaging. All in all does this concealer cover like the MAC concealer? No it doesn't and it is more work to get it to work but for the price I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedape

While this product is very opaque, which I appreciate, it's also cakey like a mother. Don't even attempt to use this on undereyes. As for the main purpose, blemishes, it will cover... but in an obviously fake way :( I tried to make it work so many times, but no matter what, it never looked right.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by charleyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I don't love this as a concealer at all, because it's too cake on my dry skin, it makes an amazing primer/base for shadows! I don't use high end makeup, so I was looking for a cheap base or primer from the drugstore, and the options are few and far between. One day, I decided to try this, and it worked wonders. I really notice when I'm in a rush and forget to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by yloshaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this in ivory and i find it a way too light. it blends out too much as well. if i was going to buy it again, i would go for a darker tone. i thought ivory would work as i use rimmel in ivory 100

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nicolex0x

It's great for hiding blemishes and redness around the nose but it's quite heavy so over applying will look cakey! But just a small amount hides imperfections really well! Do not use under the eyes because it's too heavy.
The down sides is it wares off kinda quickly and does look cakey if you use to much.
But over all great for hiding imperfections.
I won't buy it again though cus I prefer liquid concealers :) id give this one a miss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the reviews that this concealer is cakey. I tried to use it over moisturiser but it didn't help. Will not recommend.
EDIT: I want to change my review. This concealer is great for hiding skin imperfections. It's not good for under eye area though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this concealer, I much much much prefer Rimmel's 'Clear Complexion' coverstick which they used to sell along side this (which has now changed to a horrible powder form). This concealer is very cakey and greasy on the skin. I would never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ponyskin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really hate this concealer. I picked it up from the drug store as my own Clinique concealer had run out. It's too thick, it looks really cakey, doesn't cover my dark circles or any blemishes and I just think it's horrible. Never buying this product again.