October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lorskie

Hated it. Immediately flaked on my skin once foundation was applied over it. Slid around like crazy on my skin, and makeup moved everywhere. Total disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by tineexclara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I bought this primer thinking that it would control my oily skin (WARNING: I am EXTREMELY oily), but unfortunately it didn't. Every time I pump a bit of this onto my fingers to spread onto my face it feels really soft, BUT I feel like it doesn't really "spread" all over my face. The worst part is that, after putting some of the product on my face, I looked at my two fingers that I just used and there is STILL primer on my fingers!!! And it was basically STUCK to my fingers in this weird texture and if i try to get the product off my finger and onto my skin, I felt that the whole primer that was supposedly already "on" my face would just rub off completely.... UGHH!! And as far as a foundation primer is supposed to be, this DID NOT help keep my MUFE HD foundation on longer or whatever AT ALL!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is unfortunate that so many people have had bad experiences with this primer, because this is the only smashbox primer that I have tried that I love! This stuff holds my foundation like glue and gives my skin a beautiful matte appearance which is exactly what I wanted.
Benefits:
*Matte
*Not heavy. Put on after your moisturizer and you're set for the day
*A little goes a long way! I only use about the size of my pinky finger nail (or less!) and that covers my entire face.
*Not irriating. Melts into your skin like water

Originally bought this primer with the Smashbox Halo foundation, not a good combo on my skin. Works great with my other foundations though and holds all day!

I recommend this product for those who are looking to try a primer, who have combination skin and who want something ultra light.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by smurnett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PLEASE think twice before you spend $36.00 on this primer! I was dying to try this stuff out - Fantasies of my oily skin looking matte and beautiful were quickly squashed after I wore this the first time...and the time after that...and the time after that. I wore my regular light suncreen/moisturizer underneath the primer as the box instructed. The result was a dry, caky looking face. And I have oily skin! It's difficult for my skin to become dry. Throughout the day, my skin became oilier, so it didn't do a great job of combating the shine like it promised. Oh, and the packaging is totally sub-par for the amount of money you're spending, not to mention there's hardly any product in the tube! If anything, this stuff made my skin look worse. Oh, and I noticed that it also made my blush/bronzer look totally streaky! Gross. Very disappointed - I will be returing this to Ulta soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by applecrumblexo

Just didn't work... didn't fill in the lines under my eyes (not wrinkles but under the eye area is normally always very delicate and prone to creasing) didn't work.. really sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is (obviously) lighter than the original, and it doesn't have as much of a slip, it feels much better, and absorbs a lot faster. i don't find this makes my make up last longer or control my oiliness tho, so i wouldn't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lindsaymahn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this primer. It wasn't until I out and purchased a different brand how badly this was breaking me out. On top of that it really wasn't even doing that great of a job fighting the oil. I think smashbox had the right idea when they came out with their primers however, many many others have done a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by 600pounds

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I got a sample of this product and used it a few times. I have oily skin and it doesn't help control oil at all. Soon after I apply foundation, it gets oily after. And that's the main reason I sampled the product. However, it does provide a smoother base for the foundation but I already have smooth skin...

Even though this feels light, I think it might be clogging my pores because I am noticing whiteheads on my chin. And my skin has always been pristine.

Overall mediocre.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I am on the hunt for a good primer and I do like this one, although I don't see much difference between this and others I've tried (Lancome, Tarte, Avon Magixx). It, like the others, creates a smooth surface for foundation, controls the oilies, and helps make up really last. The thing I had to learn was the correct amount to use. It only takes a tiny bit, less than 1/2 of the size of a TicTac. Anymore than that, it balls up & it negates all of the wonderful things it does! My fac then becomes an oil slick and makeup disappears in a few hours.
I would love this IF it had SPF. I also think it maybe overpriced when there doesn't seem to be much difference in the primers I've tried. It all depends on your preference to the "feel" of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best primer if you wear sunblock. It's the only one I've tried that combats the oil and prevents it from ruining my makeup. Definitely a keeper in this TX heat.