Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.3

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 12/7/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've only been using this product for approximately a week, and my face has drastically improved. It has a nice scent, and I'm not sure whether it's the lemon oil in it or not, but it is doing a wonderful job of fading away my red spots and a tiny scar I have, which is the hollow type. Also, I don't break out very much in the first place, but I had two pimples and it completely dried them out and a new skin has began to grow over it. I'm completely wowed by this product, not to mention that it does an incredible job cleansing and getting makeup, dirt, and other toxins off the skin. I actually like the bottle and the wide mouthed top because what I have learned is that you simply need to dip clean fingers into it and blot it on your dry face. This is, so far, my favorite product!

EDIT: I took this back because it started breaking my face out in little small bumps. I could not see them in the mirror, but I could feel them on my skin! It made the texture of my skin horrible! Never again will I use this!

This is my favorite cleansing oil! I love the smell, how easily it takes my heavy duty makeup off, and that it washes away very clean. Granted I *do* use a toner just to make sure everything is gone afterwards but I don't believe its necessary with this - it really does wash off very clean. The scent reminds me of lemon fruit loops (but in a more earthy way then a foodie way). For some reason I actually look forward to using this at night.
Also, yes, there is a pump but it is $1.50 extra...while I think it should just come with a pump instead of having to buy one its still well worth the $1.50 to get!

on 11/30/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like it. I bought a full size bottle. No pump! That takes one star off right there. Strong fragrance, minus another star. It stings my eyes. :-( I will NOT repurchase... nor do I recommend.
I have been using DHC cleansing oil for years, I believe it's one of their best products... and I will definitely go back to it. I guess that's my fault for trying to find something less expensive!

on 11/22/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Okay, so let me get this straight. It's supposed to be a gentle cleansing oil, but it strips my oily skin to the point where my skin feels like the head of a drum when I try to smile? It HAS a pump, but it has to be bought separately and you have to deal with manually pouring out the right amount (which never happens) in the meantime, and get oil all over your countertop, thus wasting?

On the bright side, it smells nice. And it doesn't have mineral oil. Besides that, back to Origins it goes.

on 11/21/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Great facial oil! I have used Laura Mercier's oil, Lancome's oil, DHC's oil, and Clinique TTDO balm, and this is by far my favorite. DHC dries me out (and the bottle is fug); LM and Lancome clog my pores (mineral oil) and Clinique's scent morfed into this strange cilantro-ish smell that made me gag. Origins is clean, smells good, is in a decent bottle (except you have to buy a damn pump) and easy to get a hold of. I definately will repurchase.

on 11/19/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Okay, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sort of miffed this does not come with a pump. If the pump is sold separately, fine, whatever. But the bottle opening is huge. I can't image using it without the pump. A bulky screw top on a wide neck bottle and a super runny product? Packaging fail. So I bought the pump. I like that the pump locks also. On to the product. I love the scent. Citrusy and fresh. I don't use a follow up cleanser. I am mega acne prone and this does not break me out AND it does not irritate my Retin A Micro-sensitized skin. The Retin A makes my skin very flaky, and this cleanser kind of exfoliates all those flakes off gently. Even just using bare hands. Rinses clean. Have already repurchased once, and will definitely do so again. This is, so far, the most inexpensive oil cleanser I've come across. Love.

on 11/12/2010 1:27:00 PM

This smells lovely and feels like a real treat to put on. Not sure if it is improving my skin but it doesn't irritate it and removes make up effectively. The only slight negatives are that it is very difficult to control how much you pour and it is probably a bit pricy for a cleanser.

on 10/18/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I was running out of my beloved DHC oil, and this is more accessible. The good things about this oil is that it removed makeup well, smells pretty good, and doesn't leave any oily residue. After a week of using this, my pores started to clog up with hardened oil (yeah I know gross). I'm really bummed that this didn't work for me since I have like 3 origins counters in my area, maybe its the essential oils in it who knows. Ill be returning it and sticking with dhc. If it aint broke, don't fix it !

Origin's makeup remover is excellent,

1. No residue or tackiness

2. Just a small dab on each cheek, so you save on product

3. Smells like its doing good for the skin

4. Price is in line

5. No breakouts as of yet

on 10/17/2010 5:56:00 PM

I bought this product after reading reviews on MUA. Have been using it for a few nights and really like it. It gets everything out and rinses off clean...no oily film left behind( I don't follow up with another cleanser...). The best part is that while massaging it on my eyes it doen't give racoon eyes. I do like the citrusy smell...feels nice and clean. I bought this online and for what ever reason you cannot buy the pump online. IMHO the pump should be standard packaging as a slight accident could result in a major spill ( the bottle opening in quite big ). Will definitely buy again.