April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was running out of my beloved DHC oil, and this is more accessible. The good things about this oil is that it removed makeup well, smells pretty good, and doesn't leave any oily residue. After a week of using this, my pores started to clog up with hardened oil (yeah I know gross). I'm really bummed that this didn't work for me since I have like 3 origins counters in my area, maybe its the essential oils in it who knows. Ill be returning it and sticking with dhc. If it aint broke, don't fix it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Origin's makeup remover is excellent,

1. No residue or tackiness

2. Just a small dab on each cheek, so you save on product

3. Smells like its doing good for the skin

4. Price is in line

5. No breakouts as of yet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by busyscmom

I bought this product after reading reviews on MUA. Have been using it for a few nights and really like it. It gets everything out and rinses off clean...no oily film left behind( I don't follow up with another cleanser...). The best part is that while massaging it on my eyes it doen't give racoon eyes. I do like the citrusy smell...feels nice and clean. I bought this online and for what ever reason you cannot buy the pump online. IMHO the pump should be standard packaging as a slight accident could result in a major spill ( the bottle opening in quite big ). Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down best makeup remover and cleanser for all skin types. I used to have oily skin and it worked well. Now... thanks to acne medication I have dry skin and it works well. It removes makeup... all and any. It cleanses so well, your face will feel clean and will have no residue. No breakouts; I love Origins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I've been an OCM devotee for a few years, occasionally subbing Weleda's Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion for my regular jojoba oil when I feel in the mood for an emulsified oil-based cleanser. While I loved it, I found it not very cost effective as I had to use 1/2 a palmful to feel really clean, especially when wearing sunscreen. And at $17-18USD/3.4oz bottle, it added up quickly. Clean Energy is a proper, thin oil consistency (as opposed to the Weleda, which was a lotion), and it's $18.50USD/6.7oz bottle, PLUS I don't need even 1/2 as much per cleansing. So immediately, it's more cost effective. Add onto that that it's freaking amazing, and it's a downright steal. My face feels superclean, but soft and not stripped, and it removes sunscreen waaaaaaay better than either straight jojoba oil or the Weleda. After washing, my face feels calm and hydrated. I just top up with a little jojoba and grapeseed oil and I am fresh-faced and ready for bed. No morning greasies: just soft, well-conditioned and exceptionally UN-irritated skin. The smell is nice -- an earthy lemon that's very light and natural -- and it feels nice to work with; I think it actually feels thicker than it looks. Emulsifies well, rinses clean. Will definitely be repurchasing. I forgot to buy the pump along with it, so it's kind of a pain trying to pour it into my palm, however it's actually considerably less a pain than it sounds. That said, I'll be running out to buy the overlooked pump, posthaste, and suggest everyone thinking of trying this make a mental note not to leave the store without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by desiree77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Long-time lurker, first-time poster - woohoo!!

I've been using this on a trial basis for about a week now, thanks to a generous sample from an Origins counter. Of the three cleansing oils I've tried (this, Boscia's, DHC), this is the least effective at washing off makeup. However, I'd say it's just as gentle as Boscia's MUBU (I found DHC too drying for my combination skin).

I've been using Boscia's for about 4 months now, and am convinced it is the best, most affordable, natural-oil based cleanser out there.

Here's the breakdown for the Origins cleanser:
(+) accessible (even at UK department stores!) and mid-priced
(+) left my skin feeling clean and balanced, looking calm and refreshed
(+) no mineral oils in this one!

(-) less effective; left small traces of makeup unlike the Boscia
(-) thicker oilier feel, which required more product for slip and effective cleaning

I am convinced that no past or future cleansing oil will clean as well and as gently as Boscia's Make Up Breakup cleansing oil, and that's the story I'm sticking to.

Hope this review was helpful to ya!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Good cleansing oil but I didn't like the smell and it didn't remove my estee lauder double wear :D it did make my skin look brighter the first 2 days I used it and soft after every use, but I bough it to remove makeup. I could see this working better to break down mineral, and powder foundation. Do invest in the pump its only 1$

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly1

I've been using this for over a month now. Nice, nondrying, nonirritating cleanser for oily, breakout prone, sensitive skin. Cleanses well. After cleansing I use a 2% BHA, then I actually take a pump of this and spread it over my face as a night treatment! My skin is clear and soft in the morning... works well! Packaging is good with the pump, it's worth the additional dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

Recently I'd been breaking out for hormonal reasons. This is unusual for me, I'm not exactly acne prone but I do have occasional blemishes. My skin is overall dry, with areas that end up shiny throughout the day, typically my T-Zone.

I wanted to find a cleanser that would help me create some kind of balance in my skin. Something gentle and moisturizing that wouldn't leave a film or clog my pores. I'm of the belief that any cleanser that strips your skin of anything other than the light layer of surface oils, is doing more harm than good.

I'm really happy I've found this cleanser. It comes in a huge bottle considering the type of cleanser and how it is used. It's a fairly viscous oil that smells quite a bit like lemon grass with maybe a light floral scent. If you look at the ingredient list, it's very natural and gentle, with plenty of skin healthy ingredients

I was fully prepared for this to leave somewhat of a film, but I was okay with that since my skin had been tight and taught feeling recently. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this cleanser actually washes completely off the face in a sort of double duty way. It removes all my make up and daily grime and leaves my skin soft.

This is definitely my HG cleanser which I've been using with my HG moisturizer, Kiehl's Panthenol/Protein.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like everyone else said, buy the pump; you won't be sorry you did. I used to use jojoba oil to get sunscreen and everything off, but switched to this because I wanted something clean rinsing. I had hoped to go from using J&J baby wash to just this, but when I used this in the morning, I noticed the smell lingered a bit and faded into something like BO. Now I just use it at night, one and a half or two pumps, depending on how much makeup I have on, and massage it all over for a while, then massage it off with a little bit of water and follow up with baby wash and the Clarisonic brush. It's not too drying, and my skin has never been better (knock on wood). It's a tiny bit pricey, but totally worth it.