November 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by blondefury

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like it. I bought a full size bottle. No pump! That takes one star off right there. Strong fragrance, minus another star. It stings my eyes. :-( I will NOT repurchase... nor do I recommend.
I have been using DHC cleansing oil for years, I believe it's one of their best products... and I will definitely go back to it. I guess that's my fault for trying to find something less expensive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so let me get this straight. It's supposed to be a gentle cleansing oil, but it strips my oily skin to the point where my skin feels like the head of a drum when I try to smile? It HAS a pump, but it has to be bought separately and you have to deal with manually pouring out the right amount (which never happens) in the meantime, and get oil all over your countertop, thus wasting?

On the bright side, it smells nice. And it doesn't have mineral oil. Besides that, back to Origins it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by crispy80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great facial oil! I have used Laura Mercier's oil, Lancome's oil, DHC's oil, and Clinique TTDO balm, and this is by far my favorite. DHC dries me out (and the bottle is fug); LM and Lancome clog my pores (mineral oil) and Clinique's scent morfed into this strange cilantro-ish smell that made me gag. Origins is clean, smells good, is in a decent bottle (except you have to buy a damn pump) and easy to get a hold of. I definately will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by AbigailE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm sort of miffed this does not come with a pump. If the pump is sold separately, fine, whatever. But the bottle opening is huge. I can't image using it without the pump. A bulky screw top on a wide neck bottle and a super runny product? Packaging fail. So I bought the pump. I like that the pump locks also. On to the product. I love the scent. Citrusy and fresh. I don't use a follow up cleanser. I am mega acne prone and this does not break me out AND it does not irritate my Retin A Micro-sensitized skin. The Retin A makes my skin very flaky, and this cleanser kind of exfoliates all those flakes off gently. Even just using bare hands. Rinses clean. Have already repurchased once, and will definitely do so again. This is, so far, the most inexpensive oil cleanser I've come across. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jessmisty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells lovely and feels like a real treat to put on. Not sure if it is improving my skin but it doesn't irritate it and removes make up effectively. The only slight negatives are that it is very difficult to control how much you pour and it is probably a bit pricy for a cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was running out of my beloved DHC oil, and this is more accessible. The good things about this oil is that it removed makeup well, smells pretty good, and doesn't leave any oily residue. After a week of using this, my pores started to clog up with hardened oil (yeah I know gross). I'm really bummed that this didn't work for me since I have like 3 origins counters in my area, maybe its the essential oils in it who knows. Ill be returning it and sticking with dhc. If it aint broke, don't fix it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Origin's makeup remover is excellent,

1. No residue or tackiness

2. Just a small dab on each cheek, so you save on product

3. Smells like its doing good for the skin

4. Price is in line

5. No breakouts as of yet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by busyscmom

I bought this product after reading reviews on MUA. Have been using it for a few nights and really like it. It gets everything out and rinses off clean...no oily film left behind( I don't follow up with another cleanser...). The best part is that while massaging it on my eyes it doen't give racoon eyes. I do like the citrusy smell...feels nice and clean. I bought this online and for what ever reason you cannot buy the pump online. IMHO the pump should be standard packaging as a slight accident could result in a major spill ( the bottle opening in quite big ). Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down best makeup remover and cleanser for all skin types. I used to have oily skin and it worked well. Now... thanks to acne medication I have dry skin and it works well. It removes makeup... all and any. It cleanses so well, your face will feel clean and will have no residue. No breakouts; I love Origins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! I've been an OCM devotee for a few years, occasionally subbing Weleda's Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion for my regular jojoba oil when I feel in the mood for an emulsified oil-based cleanser. While I loved it, I found it not very cost effective as I had to use 1/2 a palmful to feel really clean, especially when wearing sunscreen. And at $17-18USD/3.4oz bottle, it added up quickly. Clean Energy is a proper, thin oil consistency (as opposed to the Weleda, which was a lotion), and it's $18.50USD/6.7oz bottle, PLUS I don't need even 1/2 as much per cleansing. So immediately, it's more cost effective. Add onto that that it's freaking amazing, and it's a downright steal. My face feels superclean, but soft and not stripped, and it removes sunscreen waaaaaaay better than either straight jojoba oil or the Weleda. After washing, my face feels calm and hydrated. I just top up with a little jojoba and grapeseed oil and I am fresh-faced and ready for bed. No morning greasies: just soft, well-conditioned and exceptionally UN-irritated skin. The smell is nice -- an earthy lemon that's very light and natural -- and it feels nice to work with; I think it actually feels thicker than it looks. Emulsifies well, rinses clean. Will definitely be repurchasing. I forgot to buy the pump along with it, so it's kind of a pain trying to pour it into my palm, however it's actually considerably less a pain than it sounds. That said, I'll be running out to buy the overlooked pump, posthaste, and suggest everyone thinking of trying this make a mental note not to leave the store without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No