April 16, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Quite pricey for a DS brand. I didn't like that it fades and flakes. Felt kinda stiff on my eyelid too. The brush was brittle and rough which I thought was irritating. Not gonna repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think like a lot of people, I liked this product for the 1st couple of uses. All downhill from there. I heard about other's drying out too quickly, so I put a drop of distilled water in mine - this may have extended the life of the product slightly. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and find myself using it less and less. The consistency has become more difficult to work with, and I feel like it's rough on makeup brushes. (The brush that was incl. was utter crap too)
It hasn't started to flake on me, but I have to make several passes on my lid to get a smooth line. What a pain! I used to love this liner, now it is much less desirable to use. I probably toss this when I muster up a replacement. I'm going to try MAC Chromaline in Black Black.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by definee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to use my first cream eyeliner, but this really let me down. The brush was awful, it felt so sharp and kind of painful against my skin. I had to continuously dip the brush into the eyeliner just to line my top lid. I'm not sure if the one i got was bad or something, but I regret buying it. The black wasn't so pigmented and after an hour, the black had already lightened.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Candace716

Ok, so I've had this liner for a few months now. When I first got it, with the cheap little brush that it came with, I hated it. It actually took me 3 months to use it again. This time I switched to a nice liner brush, and it applied so smoothly. This liner lasted on me from 7am to 6pm, with not one smudge. Thats amazing seeing as its so hot and the fact that my eyes water from time to time throughout the day from my contacts. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by TheZombiesAteMyEyeliner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

once again ive found another fxcking eyeliner that doesnt work. blacktrack, wnw, hip && a lot of pencil eyeliners smudge on me after 30 min or less. I set it w black e/s and they all still smudge on my waterline and lower lasline. Out of all the gel liners ive tried, HIP dries out super fast. i gave it 2 stars since it is super black, but thats about it ♥

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hannahmhunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok this is a great product. I definitely don't use the short little brush that came with it. IF YOU HAVEN"T BOUGHT IT YET, CONSIDER THIS: maybelline sells a very similar product thats cheaper and better (and has a much better brush)! Its called Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Just a suggestion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by beibeilei

The liner I go to when I want a bold black liner that has a good staying power. I love the packaging. There is so much product in this for the price. Really don't have anything bad to say about it. Haven't had the need to find another cream liner since I've gotten this one. Well that says a lot about how good this cream liner is.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by shablog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is ok. It applies fairly smoothly and has decent staying power compared to pencil liners. However, I find that it still smears to my top crease after a few hours. It might work better if you prime your eyes beforehand though. The brush isn't too good, so if you're looking to get this, try finding a better eyeliner brush to use it with. But for the price, you get a decent amount of product...I've used this over and over and still barely scratched the surface.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by xilluminati

intense black. hated blacktrack and other gel liners. does tend to flake after 12 or more hours, but does not smudge unless i want it to. cheap for the amount that you get. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by hezbez21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner! I'm not usually a fan of drugstore makeup but, in my opinion, this eyeliner is better than MAC fluidline, Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, Bare Minerals cream eyeliner, and Smashbox cream eyeliner. It is the best I've tried and I'm really happy with it. It stays all day long, even on the waterline. I've always avoided tightlining because nothing ever endured the day, but this is a great formula that has great staying power. No smudging, no fading, it's great! It comes with a pretty good angle brush which adds great value. There is a lot of product in the pot, much more than with other brands. The texture is great...smooth and gentle. I love this liner!