L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

3.9

on 7/23/2010 12:54:00 PM

I originally bought this product looking for a dupe for MAC's blacktrack. The brush it comes with is very hard and pokey, so you have to use another liner brush. It worked nicely and didn't smudge much, but it didn't even take 1 month before it was dried up. I decided it was okay.. I would just use it as an eyeshadow base instead.. I found that even with a shadow primer, it wouldn't work very well for a base either.. So now I have no use for it any longer! Maybelline has a new gel liner in a pot as well and it's 10x better!

on 7/20/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My friend gave me this product a month ago and i decided to give it a try because i heard great reviews. The first time put it on , i only went out for 3 hours and it was fine except it smeared a little under my lashes on the outer corner. My next attempt was a few days ago and by the end of 2 hours i looked like a racooon. I thought it was just because i rubbed my eye, so i tried it one more time and goodness ! it was horrrrible, it smearedd badlly !! The product surprisingly did not dry up yet and it is quite smoooth. I guess my oily lids and cream liners do not go together.

Quite pricey for a DS brand. I didn't like that it fades and flakes. Felt kinda stiff on my eyelid too. The brush was brittle and rough which I thought was irritating. Not gonna repurchase

on 7/15/2010 8:47:00 AM

I think like a lot of people, I liked this product for the 1st couple of uses. All downhill from there. I heard about other's drying out too quickly, so I put a drop of distilled water in mine - this may have extended the life of the product slightly. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and find myself using it less and less. The consistency has become more difficult to work with, and I feel like it's rough on makeup brushes. (The brush that was incl. was utter crap too)
It hasn't started to flake on me, but I have to make several passes on my lid to get a smooth line. What a pain! I used to love this liner, now it is much less desirable to use. I probably toss this when I muster up a replacement. I'm going to try MAC Chromaline in Black Black.

on 7/15/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was really excited to use my first cream eyeliner, but this really let me down. The brush was awful, it felt so sharp and kind of painful against my skin. I had to continuously dip the brush into the eyeliner just to line my top lid. I'm not sure if the one i got was bad or something, but I regret buying it. The black wasn't so pigmented and after an hour, the black had already lightened.

on 7/12/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, so I've had this liner for a few months now. When I first got it, with the cheap little brush that it came with, I hated it. It actually took me 3 months to use it again. This time I switched to a nice liner brush, and it applied so smoothly. This liner lasted on me from 7am to 6pm, with not one smudge. Thats amazing seeing as its so hot and the fact that my eyes water from time to time throughout the day from my contacts. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

once again ive found another fxcking eyeliner that doesnt work. blacktrack, wnw, hip && a lot of pencil eyeliners smudge on me after 30 min or less. I set it w black e/s and they all still smudge on my waterline and lower lasline. Out of all the gel liners ive tried, HIP dries out super fast. i gave it 2 stars since it is super black, but thats about it ♥

on 7/2/2010 2:05:00 AM

Ok this is a great product. I definitely don't use the short little brush that came with it. IF YOU HAVEN"T BOUGHT IT YET, CONSIDER THIS: maybelline sells a very similar product thats cheaper and better (and has a much better brush)! Its called Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Just a suggestion

on 6/28/2010 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The liner I go to when I want a bold black liner that has a good staying power. I love the packaging. There is so much product in this for the price. Really don't have anything bad to say about it. Haven't had the need to find another cream liner since I've gotten this one. Well that says a lot about how good this cream liner is.

on 6/19/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is ok. It applies fairly smoothly and has decent staying power compared to pencil liners. However, I find that it still smears to my top crease after a few hours. It might work better if you prime your eyes beforehand though. The brush isn't too good, so if you're looking to get this, try finding a better eyeliner brush to use it with. But for the price, you get a decent amount of product...I've used this over and over and still barely scratched the surface.