July 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by jasmind123

I first used lemon juice for my acne/acne scars about 3 months ago for about 4 weeks.I did see a good improvement in the redness on my face,and it helped reduce breakouts,even my family noticed! But when i started to break out again i freaked out and stopped using it.I'm going to give it another shot,by using it as a toner under my differin gel every nigh.It may sting a bit,but for me it didnt sting much.Just be sure to not put your skin directly in the sun,so its best to do it before bed and wash it off,or leave it on overnight.Hope this helps! Will update in a few weeks :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by roar00

Please try lemon juice with caution!!
Unfortunately, my ultra sensitive and acne prone skin broke out with red bumps and white heads. I even broke out in areas I never break out at such as under my nose area and forehead. I had to use aloe vera to soothe the red bumps and several nights of oatmeal/yogurt mask to calm it down as well.

never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lolakissxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always heard about lemon working for pimples and any scaring on the face, About 2 months ago I tried lemon juice (from the bottle) and honey mask let me tell you that honestly made me break out more.. Wasn't impressed so I ended it with lemon, Recently my skin has started to break out more and nothing's working, my skin leaves acne marks behind as well I cannot stand it, So tonight In the fridge was a huge bag of fresh lemons so I decided it to give it another shot with no honey this time, it's still on my face as we speak! Already I notice a change in my skin tone it's brighter and more even, my pimples have gone down in size too!!! I will be leaving this on overnight and update in the next days to tell you what lemon has done for me :)
UPDATE: pores are way smaller! Skin is brighter and glowing more even toned, can't believe it!!! Using it as a cleanser as well! So worth it everyone needs to try this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Jpznsoul415

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice is a great cost effective way to treat hyperpigmentation. I have tried many expensive serums and creams that claim to diminish dark marks. I have noticed some improvement with these products but often experience breakouts or irritation. I recently switched to MyChelle products with marked improvement in the overall tone,texture,and appearance of my skin.

I added in lemon juice to my routine and noticed immediate results! I rubbed a slice of lemon directly onto my cheeks where I have hyperpigmentation after using the MyChelle white cranberry cleanser. There was some tingling present although it was very tolerable. I then applied my serum and moisturizer and went to bed. The next morning my skin was extremely smooth, shiny, and had a great glow. Some of the scarring did appear lighter. Amazing!! I am going to continue this lemon application 3 times per week. I am realizing that less is more and keeping things simple and natural are the best way to achieve healthy skin while eating well, exercising and drinking plenty of water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So after using tons (and I mean tons) of acne products for my face, I finally decided to go the natural way and give the lemon juice a go. Here is my review thus far (been using for about a week)...
pricing : not expensive at all. if you decide to go bottle lemon juice or fresh lemons and squeeze them yourself, you're still only looking at a couple of dollars, at the very most

effectiveness : i had noticed a difference the very next day. no redness, little acne bumps i felt forming the previous day were non-existent.

"feel" of product : alot of reviewers had mentioned the lemon juice burning like crazy once applied. I personally have not experienced any burning. a slight tingle at most, and some itching. the juice is NOT supposed to be an excruciating burn. If it is, its too strong and needs to be diluted.

skin after use : i normally have dry skin, and then with that get dry patches in cold weather. since using the lemon juice i feel as if my skin has been "restored" i havent had any over drying (which a lot of other reviewers have experienced) and no more dry patches.

and the reason this didnt receive 5 lippies is because if you dont use this consistently it becomes ineffective. let me explain... my routine has been at night cleanse my face with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil), then I continue onto a lemon juice and sugar scrub for exfoliating, and then just apply another layer of lemon juice as you would toner and I leave it on over night. morning comes, and i use the Cetaphil again and apply the lemon juice toner before any of my makeup. well this morning i was being lazy and decided not to apply the lemon juice and by the end of the day had a bunch of little acne breakouts all over my cheeks.

all in all, i love the fast quick fix it gives to redness and acne.....but not happy with the fact that i missed half a day of the regimen and ended up with a face full of acne again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I found all the reviews on MUA. I gave the lemons a go and WOW. My skin feels clearer and must softer. I have super oily skin and I when I wake up in the morning I look like a deep fryer. I cut a slice of lemon and rubbed it (directly without diluting) onto my skin and went to bed. Woke up in the morning with minimal oil and a much clearer complexion. I love lemons!!! Much cheaper than the hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars I have spent on "miracle" creams and toners. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

So, I think it can be safe to say the lemons are my favorite fruit now. I was desperately trying to find a remedy for my acne scars, when someone told me that lemon juice was the answer. I read the glowing reviews here on makeupalley, so I thought "Hey, why not give it a try?". I had a lemon tree near my house, so I just picked a few of those. I squeezed one lemon into a container and diluted it a bit with water. For the past week I put it on my skin, left it on for 15 minutes then washed it off. That helped the current acne I already had, but I wasn't all that impressed. Last night I was getting ready to do the same procedure, except I accidently fell asleep for 2 hours. I woke up thinking "Crap! I need to wash this off!" I looked in the mirror, thinking that it probably burned my skin, but instead I saw quite the opposite! My skin was softer, healthier, smoother, and more even than it was 2 hours prior. I was amazed. So now I am going to leave it on overnight instead of just leaving it on for 15 minutes, because I feel leaving it on will work better for my skin. I am so happy with the results, I am positive if I keep this up I will have amazing skin. Yay for lemons!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using lemon juice for a little while now, so I can't say whether I really like it or not, but I use it as a toner to lighten some scarring that I have (on my entire face) and my skin looks fresh and bright after I use it. I haven't really noticed a big improvement on scars specifically, but I'm hoping that's just because I've only been using it for a few days. It does sting, but it goes away a few seconds after you apply it, so it's not an excruciating pain or anything like that. I use the bottled stuff, mainly because that's just what I have laying around my house, but I don't really think it makes a difference whether you use fresh or concentrate. I will continue to use it and edit the review if anything changes. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by syd1616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this twice a day everyday and it works amazingly.It brightens my complexion, keeps my skin from getting too dry, reduces acne, and evens my skin tone. I just bought a spray bottle, poured lemon juice on it, and then I spray it onto a cotton round. It does sting quite a bit, but its worth it! Much better than spending $50 on a toner when you can just pick this up at the grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fades acne scars like a dream! I don't really get acne but when I do, the scars are ridiculous. I'm really fair, and I still have visible scars from zits I've had a year ago. I make a toner with it out of rose water/witch hazel/bottled lemon juice, but I've been using rose water and witch hazel for a long time so I know it's the lemon juice that's evening out my skin. The way I use it it's pretty diluted, so it doesn't irritate or dry out my already dry skin. Right after I started using it my skin looked healthier and more even. It took about 2 weeks for a noticeable difference on my acne scars, but they're definitely beginning to fade away. I also feel like this stops any existing pimples from getting bigger, and helps with any shininess on my t-zone without drying out my skin. And at the super low price, it's practically a miracle product!