August 30, 2014 | 1169 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by luvaddict90

Pros- It's a nice black and goes on smoothly.

Cons- It smudges/smears like crazy! I work as a floor associate and after an hour on the job, my eyeliner is smeared over my face. And I didn't even touch it! Definitely will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by luckygem80

I heard all about this product and had to wait so long to get it. Really excited for the blackest eyeliner color ever and that's true. It's really black. But it's not that great. It smudges and of course that's ok. I really wanted it for the waterline/lower lid. It goes on easy and doesn't pull/tug at your eye. It kind of lasts for awhile but at the very outer corner of my waterline it wears off quickly and you have to reapply several times. And that's only talking about a night out which averages only 4-5 hours depending on how long your out. I do love how black it is, but for the price I won't be getting this again. Sorry MAC!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I had fallen for all the hype around this eyeliner and purchased it when it came out with the Love Lace collection. While it is an intense black eyeliner and super creamy, it's a mess. It's great to use to smudge and use as a base with a smokey eye but that's about it. On the upper and lower waterline and even the upper lashline it is a disaster. It smudges EVERYWHERE. Even set with a black eyeshadow and over a primer it smudges all the way under my eyes. Even though it's nice to use for a smokey eye I have a lot of products that are great for that as well. To me this eyeliner is really nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by PinkJuice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No. No. No. This eyeliner is smudge city. To get my money's worth, I was told to use it as a base and smudged out for more smokey eyed looks. And while it serves its purpose there, I was not looking for a base or cream shadow/paint pot... I was looking for an eyeliner! It's smudges a little on my wat.erline, but is a total disaster on the lower lash line and upper lid! I put it above my upper lash line and came home that day to see huge black rings around my crease. I was severly dissapointed! Yes, it is an intense black, but you're better off with the blacktrack fluidline (or the l'oreal hip cream liner) and kohl pencil in smolder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPhenomenon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeliner. It is sooo much better than the stilla one. It stayed on my waterline for a really long time. It did smudge after several hours but I have watery eyes so everything smudges at some point. I also really like how pigmented the color is. It glides on super smooth and easy. I love the little glittery lid. It's super cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

I LOVE this eyeliner!
I had read about how smudgy and quick to come off this product was, but I bought it anyway because I also heard how black it is and the reviews are right - it looks so good on! You honestly won't ever find something this black again and if you apply it right it doesn't come off on an 8 hour working day. It glides right on so ofcourse something that amazing can smudge - I bought this eyeliner with that in mind and because of that, I am happy with the product and truly in love! Infact, I usually have to avoid pencil liners altogether because they are too hard and dont just glide on - this one is a GOOD balance, you will be hard pressed to find a better balance between soft and smudgy. You are kidding yourselves if you expect this liner to be anything other than what it is!! GIVE IT A GO!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Macupaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why I gave this an overall 3 is simple: this is the BEST waterline black liner. You'll never find one that gives the same definition and darkness as Feline.

However, it doesn't last. My Benefit Bad Gal Liner lasts 10 hours at least. Granted, it's not as evenly distributed or as dark, but I can rely on the length of wear.

Feline doesn't just wear off evenly either. Part of the my waterline will be intense black and parts will be chalky!

Still a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel like this is the best black eyeliner I have tried to date. it is a deep black so very smoultry look with this especially when smudged. The color is not only deep but I applied it yesterday at 2 and by 12 it was still looking the same deep black as it had when I first put it on. It was easy to take off, and I really liked it. Probably not an everday liner but a nighttime liner, absolutley

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1- very VERY stark deep black -- l love the color payoff of this eye liner pencil
2- lines waterline very easily-- great to tightline with
3-sharpens well without eating up too much product (unlike Urban Decay's ZERO which just seems to get eaten away so quickly)
4- does NOT irritate my sensitive eyes :)
5-generous sized pencil (longer than a lot of other eye pencils)
6- reasonably priced, given all the pro points of this product

Cons:
1- can smudge easily if you have oily skin or in hot humid weather, or if you get water on your eyes, but then again this product doesn't claim to be "waterproof", so you know what you're getting. ;)

comments:
I wish this were waterproof, or at least water resistant, but given how BLACK BLACK BLACK this eyeliner pencil is, I'll forgive the wearability. ;) To make it last longer, I usually line first with Prestige Waterproof pencil (the kind you sharpen yourself!), and then I'll go over the line with MAC Feline to give my eyes that extra punch of stark black black color! This seems to keep Feline from smudging on my oily skin, even during the hot, humid summer months. :)

MAC Smolder is another great stark black pencil, but also not waterproof (Feline is still the starkest of the two). For the starkest waterproof black pencil, I like Urban Decay's ZERO (but this product doesn't last as long, due to how soft it is -- the sharpener eats it up quickly!). For the longest wearing waterproof black pencil, I go to Prestige's Waterproof pencil (kind you sharpen with a sharpener), but the pigment is not nearly as stark as any of the above, and it doesn't glide on as easily as the others (a bit too waxy). I recently tried Prestige Total Intensity deepest black (see my review), and while it did last long on my skin, and was a deep black, it also irritated my eyes miserably! I couldn't stand to wear it more than 1 hour, and my eyes watered, got puffy and were RED for over 24 hours; so, sensitive eye gals beware, but others may do well with Total Intensity.

I wish someone could invent a truly BLACK BLACK, waterproof eye pencil which did not irritate my eyes, was hard enough to last through sharpenings, yet soft enough to glide on the waterline! Wouldn't that be great? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am also shocked by the reviews for this. It definately seems to be a love it or hate it kind of product. I happen to love it. I finally broke down and bought this after lemmiing it for a long time, and I'm so glad I did. I've been wearing it almost every day for over a month now, and I can honestly say that don't have the problems with smudging that other reviewers have had, and that's a surprise. My eyes are sensitive and prone to watering so EVERYTHING smudges on me, but not this- somehow. Not to mention, I love how deep black it is. I do press a black eyeshadow into it if I'm going to be out for a long time, or out dancing or something, but I was into the habit of doing that already, so it's not a hassle. This prodcut may not be absolute perfection, but it's the best I've found and I'm buying backups.