September 3, 2014 | 1300 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SCENT...this is my 2nd favorite scent...I always felt that Gucci and D&G scents were overrated because of the name...never like them...until now...I have finally found a luxury brand scent that's worth the money....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I would like to edit my previous review on this product. I sniffed this in Sephora in the middle of Winter, without really giving it much of a chance. I just snubbed it off as an overly powdery, pretentious smell. But I do remember it smelling very unique and FRESH. And then I got a craving for the FRESHNESS again and started reading reviews and curiosity killed the cat. No seriously I have a problem with this. Every now and then I will get a craving for a new scent, read a bunch of reviews and convince myself that I will like it. 9 times out of 10 I do because I am a perfumeaholic! This is the perfect scent for the spring weather. I used a coupon code I had at Sephora, ordered it, and voila, I am transported to a dewy place in the woods surrounded by humid air and wet leaves, amidst a few sweet flowers. It changes on my skin after several hours into more of a cedar-incense combo...which is amaaazing. I love cedar... and I can still smell a glimpse of it even after 6 hours. I do prefer to re-apply after around 4 hours however. When my 1.7 oz runs out I will be buying an ebay special of the 6.7 fl oz. (It sells for half the original price)...try this invigorating scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

I purchased this scent as a set unsniffed because I am a fan of iris and of green/chypre scents. My go-to perfumes are Creed Silver Mountain Water (fresh almost blackberry tea scent) and Chanel 19 (rosey green chypre).

I can absolutely see why this is a love it or hate it scent. I can also see why some people think its too strong and others think its too light. This is a very distinctive EDP that could easily not suit a person. I love it.

Initially I get the cedar most strongly and then it warms into the flowers and musk. It does have a very clean, almost detergent element to me, but its in the background and fades most quickly. The dry-down is where the action is. Sublime, the iris and orange blossom are there but balanced. I don't care for overly floral scents and I think the balsam and musk elements harmonize so perfectly with the floral here. Everything is so balanced that it is difficult to pick up specific notes, and each sniff brings out a new element. Sometimes I get smoky, I even get a play-dough now and again, but nothing just jumps out at you and the perfume wears very close after the initial dry-down. You will probably not offend many, and most won't smell you unless you hug them, but you will catch it when you move and it will envelop you. I see this as a spring/fall/winter scent, its on the cold side.

I could imagine it working on a man or woman, initially it is a touch masculine but the florals come out. They aren't too much for a confident man though. Its fresh and clean but definitely not boring or weak.

I've had several comments in just a week of wearing - always "you smell so good" not "that perfume smells good" and one person said "it smells like you just got out of the shower." I would buy again. In a heart beat.

The lotion does change the scent on my skin significantly - an undertone that almost reminds me of original vasoline intensive care lotion from the 70s - 80s. It isn't a bad thing, just noticeable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

Dont care for, reminds me of bug spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's no point in my giving you a description of the scent - it's a very light floral and I liked it enough to buy it. I could spray 1/2 the bottle on and within a couple of minutes the scent is gone - and I mean GONE..... May be my dry skin - but it doesn't even linger on my clothing. It was a mind boggeling waste of money for me - would not rebuy and highly recommend you try it before you buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by greenclover

Gross. I tried this because of all the reviews saying it was "soft" or "powdery" or "clean" (all of which I usually like...) ... This was DEFINITELY not soft - super strong, even masculine smelling. It wasn't clean at all - very heavy... soapy but NOT in a nice light, clean way. It smells very, very muh like an old lady's perfume. Smells completely like some ancient perfume you might find in your gradnma's drawer. Gross. It you want something like, soft, clean and powdery try Santa Maria Novella's beautiful Freesia in stead...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by dimiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

class in a bottle.

And for those who say that it smells like soap or like you've just stepped out of the bath so it's not sexy....I have to disagree.

Us, women, have a diffrent perspective of what is sexy than men.
Ask a man, and he will tell you that a woman who smells clean (almost like wearing no perfume) is VERY SEXY ;-)

oh! in my opinion this is the new (modern) Chanel no5

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just sampled this today at my local perfumerie and now I know what I want for my birthday. A poster below summed this up (I think it was KKAI and I apologize if I have her handle wrong) as very calm and comforting, I think she said. I find this to be a very powdery, pretty, feminine scent and I just love it. I don't have the sophistication that many have here when it comes to describing scents but I do have to say, as someone who has grown irises for years, they really do not have much in the way of a fragrance at all. But be that as it may, I love this scent from Prada and hope to have it in my hot little hands pretty soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by jayfeb01

I love this perfume!! i love wearing it everyday...DEF one of my favs..:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sampled this and it was a total scrubber, bitter iodine and sour leaves mixed with some artificial-smelling iris on a bed of soapy, cheap 'French milled Soap;' midnotes screechingly screamed Soap. So Clean and Sophisticated!!! Just nothing else there, very linear.

I scrubbed this off almost immediately while hearing complaints of those around me. Layered Orchidee Blanc over the remnants and it actually smelled alright later once the vanilla came out.