April 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Loooooove this color!!! Highly recommend for anyone that likes dark polish, this is a fabulous choice (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mawyyy

This color is absolutely GORGEOUS, especially in the winter when I'm rather pale. In the light, you can see the bluish purple tint. I buy this over and over again. My go to winter shade. The only thing is I think this color would look best on lighter folks. If you're caramel colored or darker, I don't think it would have the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by peachconcealer

I was always afraid to try dark colours but this colour makes me want to wear more of dark shades. It looks graet on my NC40 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Completely adore this color. It's a gorgeous deep blue/purple with microglitter. My one complaint is that it looks more purple than the navy I was hoping for. Gorgeous nonetheless. Coverage and color are great with two coats and I never have a problem with chipping as long as I use a topcoat. I wear this most of the winter as my mani and pretty often throughout the year for a pedi. I'll definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by prncessjasmine

amazing shade of deep navy! probably one of my favorites of all time

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the formula of this one. The color is absolutely stunning. It is a dark navy/purple with microglitter. You will stare at your nails constantly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Perfect formula and perfect for all Winter-long wearing. I will always have this color in stock.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always get compliments when I wear this colour and its a great alternative if you aren't into super dark black. Its a lovely formula and lasts for ages and the colour is great, the shimmer in it it beautiful. I tent to only wear this if i have abit of self tan on as it can make pale hands look a bit deathly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Russian Navy is a dark blue color with tiny red micro glitters. I love this color as I think it suits all skin tone. The coverage is good. I only put 2 coats and my nails are completey opaque. The finishing is quite smooth too. Under daylight, you can certainly see the dark blue but under some other lights, it flashes blue with purple. I think this color is also good for short nails without looking too goth. A similar version for this will be Play Til' Midnight. But Russian Navy has more black in it so it's not as blue as Play Til' Midnight. This color is good for fall/winter. But if you want to wear it in summer, I think it's okay too as this color is quite edgy looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, there have been lots of the reviews saying the color isn't for them. That's fine; if you're not into dark, dark colors, this is not for you.
However, it is a very good formula, with a good consistency (not watery, not too thick). The chrome/holographic quality of the finish is quite a nice contrast to the dark color. I think that's really what makes this polish (I also own the matte formula, which is not worth the money).
All in all, a very good dark blue with a little kick in the finish.