July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by goodlight

Patchouli and rose. Very in your face.

The first impression was barf-inducing. I usually like patchouli, but this was a little too much. After 5 minutes I got the strong rose. The drydown is still heavy and sweet, but the feeling of "I want to wash this off" went away.

I would not dismiss this, though, because on the right person I think this would smell fab. Maybe a ice-blonde dry skinned person? (I am dark-haired and combination skinned):D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by samaraiv

absolutely hated the scent, like a smack on the head, way too strong,sorry this one is definitely not for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by client9

I absolutely dislike the initial scent of this! It smells like a cologne my dad wore when I was a kid, it smells very medicinal and herbal to me (probably the patchouli). But after a few minutes and once it starts to dry down this scent is divine. I will put up with the first few minutes of this scent because afterwards this smells so dark and mysterious, which I love! I find myself even reaching for this during the day. The scent has great lasting power too. In terms of the poison scents I like this one second best after hypnotic poison, it is much better then pure poison imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this. At first it smells kinda minty but then it smells divine.
Definately a night fragrance, get lots of compliments on any of the Dior fragrances i wear. They seem to smell really good on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually love Dior scents, but this one is a no go. I tried this at Sephora and I have to say I thought it smelled like Vics Vapo rub. I don't want to go around smelling like a vaporizer. It did clear my sinuses up though. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

If you want to smell like mothballs and medicine, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Like everyone I do get the camphor note. This however is not enough to stop me from liking this perfume. If this particular note was toned down a bit it would certainly be a 5 lippies fragrance for me. The lasting power is perfect, as all with all poisons. I appreciate the fact that it is so much different from any other perfume out there which is not an easy thing to accomplish nowadays.
To me this is the sexiest of the poisons, after the original. The dark blue bottle certainly conveys its gothic, sexy, dark mood. Not addressed to the younger crowds or the more mature ones, this is the night perfume of a sexy woman between 25 and 45 IMO. Due to its camphor note I do not expect it to be easily appreciated though, so it should be worn from a woman that's sure of herself and doesn't care about the opinion of others.

Yes, I do like it and will wear it, although I expect the 1oz bottle to last me forever since it takes a particular mood to put it on. UPDATE: I tried this on and Addict yesterday and both my husband and my dad chose MP rather than Addict which they dismissed as too heavy and sweet. I bought the 100ml bottle and I can't get enough of it now, nor does my husband! The more I wear it, the more I like it after all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the most striking scents I have tried for a long time! That said, I don't think it is different from its time as fruity-florals with clean-ish patchouli are rather fashionable these days. (Think YSL Elle, and Ms Dior Cherie) I usually cannot stand Patchouli but this one is less earthy and caked with dirt. Instead, the patchouli here is somewhat sanitised, giving it the Vicks Vapor Rub smell that someone commented on below. This really isn't dark or sultry like it is marketed to be, and I find it wearable (in smaller quantities) in the daytime as well. I smell berry (more particularly, blackcurrant) notes, as well as a muted black rose, with a vanilla, semi-ambery dry-down. I have read comments that it is masculine, but the rose and tart fruits makes it feminine to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I usually love Dior anything. Addict is my HG. So I was excited to finally try this at the mall this weekend. I hate it. The girls I was with hated it. The patchouli (and I usually like patchouli) was overwhelming. Thick and nauseating. 2 hours later they wouldn't let me sit at their table for lunch until I washed it off and I was happy to comply. I scrubbed my wrist 3 times. It was still there. I finally broke out my CO Bigelow rose wonder cream, smeared it on and it finally washed off the scent. Usually I would buy a Dior scent without trying it, but happy that wasn't the case this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

This is my favorite of the poison series. I like them all, but this one makes me feel so dark, sultry, exotic and sexy. I wear it whenever I want to feel intoxicating and a bit heady. I don't notice any masculinity in this scent unlike other reviewers. I get compliments every time I wear it. The packaging is beautiful.