October 22, 2014 | 1071 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this PP. For starters it works as a great base to really pick up the pigments in your eyeshadow. Then, It's a fleshy color so it won't steal the show of your eyeshadow! Lastly, it's such a great PP because if you are in a hurry you can swipe it on your lids as your eyeshadow! I LOVE it! ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I like this more than bare study. It really brings out the more pink and gold colors witch is what I use most. Didn't feel heavy on my eyes like others have said, but very light and to me, not as greasy as bare study. It's a very pretty orange y, gold color, think like a sunset. I wool definitely repurchase this again, though I doubt I'll need to for awhile, since it's a fairly large amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty orangey-peachy-gold color. I find unless you apply with a heavy hand it only gives a sheer wash of color. Really makes blue eyes pop and doesn't crease too bad after 6+ hours of wear. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because although it is a great product I don't feel it's worth $16.50. But I still would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I thought I could not go wrong with MAC and after reading some of the great reviews for Rubenesque I expected it to be more than it is.

I use Painterly and I love it. Easy to apply, wonderful as a base.

I got Rubenesque for my birthday from a MAC store for full retail so you can imagine how fed up I was when I ended up with messy peachy flakes all over my lid that looked like scales on chicken legs. The shimmer highlighted every little crease and wrinkle on my eyes and I am not talking age wrinkles, just the normal skin texture. Not nice at all.

To cut the long story short, I think I overapplied, trying to pack it on like a normal eyeshadow to see the beautiful colour that's in the pot transferred onto my eye lids.

Best to go about it using a 217 brush, and use only a small amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by flipper5577

Pretty color but the creasing with this product is ridiculous! I much prefer soft orchre or Urban decay primer potion.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the colour of this paint pot but when applied it goes on blotchy and uneven. I first got a sample and thought maybe it was drying out so I bought it anyway since the colour is so gorgeous! But no I was wrong, it still goes on blotchy not creamy like the other paint pots I own. Back to Mac it goes!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like this paint pot. The colour looks goregous in the pot, but on my eyes it looks like orange sparkle. I thought it would be creamy like painterly, but it feels very thin and watery when applied. I don't think it helps eyeshadow stay on either- my eyeshadow disappears and Im left with orange sparkle. Needless to say I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by julma

I don't think I would buy this product again. While it does keep my eyeshadows from creasing and its not poor quality per se, it doesn't really seem to serve the purpose it is supposed to (being a base for shadows). I feel this would work better as a shadow itself rather than a base because everytime I use it, my shadow fades and this goldy shimmery stuff is left. It might work if it weren't for the fact that this gold color really stands out against my fair (cool toned with a hint of yellow base) skin. It's not subtle at all. It might work for someone with olivey skin or something but anyone paler should probably stick with UDPP.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my first and currently only PP. I wanted Bare Study but my counter didn't have it so since I have blue eyes, I thought this would look good.

The problem I have with this is everytime I wear it, by the end of the day, all you see is this. The shadow I put on top wears off and all you see is the orange/copper color of this. That's even when I wear high end shadows. It also feels a little heavier than I like on my eyelid and I'm not wearing much. I just smear a little on with an Ecotools concealer brush.

I wouldn't buy this again. And it has me on the fence as to whether I even want to try Bare Study or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kris1818

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been eyeing this for awhile now and could never bring myself to pay MAC prices for a cream shadow. I finally gave in and treated myself to this and I love it. It never creases on me, it's a lovely golden/pink color that looks fresh and makes me look healthier, it's smooth and creamy and doesn't feel greasy at all (I usually hate cream shadows). I was worried that it would look orangey on my pale skin but doesn't at all. I've been putting Smashbox Flamingo on top, black cat liner, and mascara. I would re-buy.