July 30, 2014 | 2122 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xvheathervx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I try to blend a different color onto my crease and the outer corner of my lid, my base color starts rubbing off. This product is worthless as a primer. I couldn't even use it to see how long it actually lasts. The color is so light, I can't imagine this working as a shadow by itself. For MAC, this is very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A white-gold eyeshadow base. Looks good under most neutral. I sometimes like to use it to highlight :) But it isn't the best at holding eyeshadows on for me, I don't know why. I might try a matte paint pot after I finish this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kierkieramazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This paint pot is so versitile! I use this everyday on my eyelids. Sometimes i wear it alone, but you can also top it with a powder eyeshadow (alot of the time i would use naked lunch by mac). It stays on and doesnt crease, even if you dont use a primer. It can also be used as a highlight for your browbome, cupid's bow, cheekbones, etc. If you are skeptical about this product then i recomend just going out and buying it. Mac has a great return policy so if you don't like it you could always return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dayoung1016

MAC's BARE STUDY PAINT POT.
I thought this was a good product, however it wasn't amazing. As I found it was a little bit too shimmery for my small eyes. Fortunately, I have tried this on my friend who has very big eyes and it looked absolutely amazing! It makes your eyes pop out and especially if you have blue or hazel eyes. It is also a good base/eye shadow primer, I usually use my neutral colours such as half baked from the naked palette and it looks gorgeous. I would buy this product again but I wouldn't use by itself! Thank you for reading xxdylxx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I feel no need to look any further for an HG cream eyeshadow base, because this is it. Primer and base in one. I don't feel the need to look at the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners, UD Shadow Pencils, or anything else. MAC Bare Study and Soft Ochre are my staples, and they are what I will continue to buy, forever and ever amen.
I think everyone knows what Bare Study looks like, so I won't go into detail about the shade. Simplistic but beautiful neutral champagne beige with gold shimmer. I've had mine for about a year, and I'm so relieved that it hasn't started to dry out, or separate itself from the container. That means I take care of my makeup. :) But no seriously, with paint pots, all you have to do is make sure the lid is not only closed, but closed very tight, after each use.
I don't know how others use their paint pots for them to crease, but mine never crease on me....EVER. The only minor problem I have is that it dries very quickly on me, for some reason, so if I want to apply another thin layer on my eyelid, I'll have to work rather quickly (maybe it's because I have somewhat dry skin on my eyelids?).
I can use Bare Study with anything, and it just makes the color appear so much more vibrant and gives it more depth (as with any base; what more do you need, really?). It creates the perfect canvas, and lasts all day until I take it off at night with makeup remover. Could this be used alone? My answer is yes, but it's a very subtle, low maintenance color, so building up the color is absolutely necessary. Would I purchase this IF I ever ran out? Absolutely. I would repurchase it the SECOND I ran out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Not really impressed and I don't really stand the hype over paint pots. It is a pale beige shimmer color. It makes my lid crease so thats why I am so bummed. It really just sits in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ekballet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! This is my first MAC purchase, and after comtemplating what to get for days, I finally decided on a paint pot! I'm in high school, so this is perfect to just throw on in the morning but it gives a great put-together look!

I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I do use another base under it (NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk). I love the champagne color this has, and how it has a shimmery sheen. I'm not a huge shimmer fan, and this is perfect for me. Not too shimmery, but just enough to brighten my eyes :)

I would defenitly buy this product again. The only bad thing I could find about it is that the packaging is a little bulky, but I love the classic look, so I don't mind!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I heard a lot about paintpots and was excited to try them because they replaced MAC Paints (in the tubes), which I really liked as bases and cream eyeshadows. Paintpots are in heavy glass jars with a screw-on lid, which I found not very travel friendly, but quite classic looking. Unfortunately, I was severely allergic to this - my lid area became very itchy, turned red and started swelling. I do have very sensitive eyes but usually my eyes are irritated from fallout from eyeshadows and I rarely get irritation on the skin. I did have similar irritation when I applied MAC Fluidlines as eyeliner, so perhaps it's some ingredient in MAC's formulation. Needless to say, I won't be trying more of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually wear the Soft Ochre paint pot and I bought this based on a MA's recommendation, she said this would be nicer. This creased within a couple of hours and all I could see was shimmer, it did not help conceal any darkness on my lids. I will keep using Soft Ochre instead, not only is it a good match for my NC35 (C4 in the summer) eyelids, it lasts all day without creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first eyeshadow I reach for is Bare Study. My eyeshadow needs to wear like iron and this stays on all day until I take it off at night. The only thing to be careful of is not to put too much on above the crease. It can take on a look of chicken skin if you get carried away. Getting this right isn't hard, just go light and you will get a natural bright look for your eyes.

It's very pigmented, has a nice but not too overwhelming shimmer. I noted the good value because a little goes a long way here. Paint pots last forever so be sure you're happy with your choice of color. I'm nutty about the packaging because creamy shadows are controlled well in pots.

This has become a staple of my morning routine. You won't be disappointed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No