April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I've seen beauty blogger raved about this product and i also check the rating from makeup alley first thing before i bought it. Price is average for high end product, but i can see that this product should perform better.

i have greasy lids, even when my entire face is normal or kinda oily in some area, my lids are definitely produces more oil than any other area of my face. Yes, it creases on me, i should've seen it coming. I can't wear this alone, unless i want my eyeshadow to melt. So i must pair this with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, it helps the Painterly to stay in place.

I must admit that the colour is beautiful, it hides any discolouration and left my lids looking very flawless. The texture is creamy on my fingers but turns dry upon blending. if you have dry patch around your lids it will definitely emphasise it. It also makes my eyeshadow looks vivid. I have tried to apply this with my finger, with concealer brush, from dabbing to dragging. But so far the best method for me is dabbing it with my finger.

I really wanted to love Painterly, but however i try it doesn't work well at the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It creases......... this covers my little veins or discoloration on the eyelids very well,and it has a nice consistency.
But it doesn't stop my eyeshadows from creasing!! I do have oily eyelids, but not THE oiliest ever.Yet this product creases on me within 3 hours,even if i wear soft eyeshadow colors. Will use it up, but won't repurchase!

If you don't have oily eyelids, and you just want a nice base that will even out the skintone and somewhat prolong the wear of the eyeshadow , then this might be for you.
But if you're looking for a "serious" base that will keep your makeup in place, then this is not for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love MAC paint pots. I wish I loved this more but really comes down to the color being a base and nothing more, but that is for me personally. It applies smoothly and evens out the skin tone of the eye lids very well. I use this on clients who have veiny eyelids or dark pigmentation. I use this very often in my pro kit it very rarely on myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I wanted to like this stuff... I really did, but honestly it dried out my eyelids, made them SUPER itchy, my eye shadow still didn't stay in place. I tend to love all MAC products so it's a bit of a bummer how much I disliked this primer. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been contemplating buying this product for a long time and was hesitant because I own a few primers and bases already. The hype finally sucked me in and I bought it, typical me haha. This colour is a nice flesh colour and it comes in a very sturdy jar, almost like MAC's gel liner container but way bigger.

When I first ran my finger along the top it felt kind of dry which freaked me out because I thought it would be creamier, but it was super creamy once I patted it on my eye. I hae really oily eyelids and only UDPP would help and sometimes it wouldn't even do anything for me. I tried this on and not only did my eyeshadows POP like crazy it made them easier to blend and last ALL DAY. I did not crease at all, my eyeshadows looked so fresh and gorgeous as if I just applied it. I don't know why it took me so long to buy this but I will definitely buy this again. I'm not sure how long it'll be before I finish this because it has a lot of product and a little goes a longgg way with this. Definitely worth the steep price ($25CAD) because it'll probably last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was searching for a paint pot that I can wear on its own (I don't like eyeshadow). After reading reviews about soft ochre I purchased it. I didn't like it. It made my eyes sick looking on my nc25 skin tone. I heard also great things about painterly and I gave it a try since I didn't like the soft ochre paint pot. I LOVE this. It is much creamier and fits my skintone perfectly! It covers up my blue veins as well. I should've bought painterly first though because now I waisted 18 on soft ochre.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this paint pot as a base for my eyeshadow. It makes the colors pop and it tends to stay on for quite some time (at least 6 hours). This product has also lasted me longer than any other product I have, somewhere around a year and a half. It comes in a small glass jar and is pretty easy to retrieve from inside the jar. As much as I love this product I probably wouldn't buy it again because it is expensive and I have heard there are other cheaper products that are the same or better, so I'd like to give them a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. i have oily skin especially my eyelids. i start creasing immediately. i've used eyeshadow primers and they've helped in prolonging my creaseless state. however, i start creasing before the day even ends. when i used this, my eyeshadow was perfectly in tact even after being out for 15 hours. no fading and creasing and the color just popped even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjlc

MAC has done it again with this gem of a product. I love how versatile this is - I can use it on it's own, or add any powdered eye shadow on top of it to make the pigment really stand out. I have oily eyelids so I initially thought this cream eye shadow would crease on me after an hour... but the lady at MAC persuaded me that it wouldn't and I'm so glad I bought this stuff! There's so much in the little pot, it's going to last me ages! Overall, a great product and one I would definitely recommend for anyone's make up arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeshadow base. I use this EVERY day - The color is perfect, evens out my NW 20 skin and makes the eye area SO bright. My eyeshadow stays put and doesn't crease. I've noticed other paint pots have a different consistency, some are much creamier/oiler and others are more dry. Painterly is perfect. It blends without being overly creamy (like bare study is). If I want super heavy duty priming action, I'll add UDPP on top.