MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/13/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used this paint pot as a primer for years. It's a flesh toned cream eyeshadow base/eyeshadow primer. I have dry eyelids and it's a little thick, so I put it on with my finger. You only need a small amount. You have to make sure you put the lid on as soon as you get out the product, or it will dry up really fast. I don't use this by itself, I feel like it isn't enough. I put my UDPP on first, then this. I use the UDPP to prevent creasing, and Painterly to help the eyeshadow stay on all day. It's a really good combo.

on 1/3/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Works great as a eye primer or just as a everyday shade. I like that it doesnt have shimmers and blends well. It is a bit dark and pinkish tone for me. I think it work great for fair skin tones. I would try soft ochre next!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

nice pink tone for cool undertone people, however it sometimes look to dark for my nw10 skin. It dried out too quickly, and for oily eyelid it can not keep shadow more than 6-7hr

on 12/28/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

To be a little expensive for a eye primer it's really worth it because a very little goes a long way. It's true when its says long-wear. It last the entire time. I just use olive oil to remove my eye makeup. Very nice base color for all type of shadows whether its matte, shimmery, glittery or buttery. Glides over this eye base like nothing. I'd say maybe in 2 years this will be ready to be repurchased. Just bought it 2 days ago and I'm enjoying this far.

on 12/26/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I will continue buying forever, for a primer and/or a matte base color. I've used other brands and they are goopy and harder to control. This stuff is smooth and goes on like butter. Super easy to control and I just smudge it on with my finger. It's a bit pricey, but I've had the same pot for like 9 months, I use it every day, and I'm just now seeing a good sized indention. I want to try other colors now!

on 12/19/2013 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While the color is very nice, I would not advise to use it as a eyeshadow primer. I constantly do the same mistake: apply it as an eyeshadow base. I like that it evens out my eyelid color. Sadly by the end of the day, since my eyelids are on the oily side, the Paint Pot melts away completely. It may be a good primer for some, but I would rather consider putting another primer beneath the Paint Pot.
I would by it again since I like the consistency, idea and color.
As a primer, I use UDPP - and this one works like a charm. Colors stay true and strong until you clean your makeup.

on 12/16/2013 5:17:00 PM

LOVE. HG eye primer

on 12/16/2013 1:23:00 AM

Talk about LONG-lasting!! This product has never failed me!! I have used this on my friends and even when I had to do prom looks for clients! They would tell me how their eyeshadow lasted them the entire night without a crease!! I always apply it under my eyeshadow, I like to use this even when I'm going for a natural look since it can make it last longer without letting me look dead later. The price is perfect for the quality of product that you are receiving and it will last you for a good year or so!

on 12/13/2013 12:58:00 PM

The fact that there are so many reviews for this product indicates a definite cult following. I have used this daily as my eyeshadow primer since 2009. It does what it says and helps eye shadow's staying power and longevity throughout the day. It brightens color and provides a superb base for shadow. Apply a light layer and let dry prior to applying eyeshadow. One pot lasts me almost a year. Apply the cap securely and it won't dry out. Highly recommended.

on 12/8/2013 6:05:00 PM

I have to say mine are some of the worse around and when I don't wear something to cover them up, people always ask me if I got any sleep or if I'm coming down with something, lol!I don't wear MAC foundations but I am guessing I'm in the range of NC35 and this does work pretty well with my skintone to provide a base for another concealer. I actually started just using this instead of an additional concealer and it seems to work just as well. I like the texture; thick but not too heavy and not so fine that I feel like it melts or gradually disappears.

Top Rated MAC Products