April 19, 2014 | 985 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift set (BeneFit's the Big 10). I wouldn't purchase it on it's own because of the smell. It is not necessarily an unpleasant smell, just too much (raspberry scented). I am prone to migraines so I am very sensitive to different product scents and I had to be very careful applying this because if I applied below my cheekbones I could smell it and it would be overbearing.

I am fair skinned and did like the light pink glow/sheen it gave but would only purchase this if they made it unscented and lowered the price a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by taynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product yesterday. I put it on this morning and it the smell and the feel of it on my skin really woke me up. Has a very fresh scent. For me it did even out my skin tone and make my foundation last all day. I only wish that this came with more product because it was quite expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Fizzabella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this with my magazine and was quite intrigued when i first opened it.
The colour of it was pink and I could see shimmery flecks in it. The smell was really nice too.. a kind of bubble gummy candy floss scent.

The actual product didn't really too much when put on my face.. i didn't see a difference however maybe i didn't apply it right.
(I applied it on my cheekbones, forehead, cheeks, and tip of nose)

The packaging of it was very nice and colourful though.

Apparently, the product retails for 15 normally which I don't think is too steep to pay for something if it worked, but it doesn't on me. (skin shade NC25)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to be because it's not a primer and it doesn't highlight. It's just some pink-tinted, slightly sparkly, candy-smelling goo. I'm pretty fair and I can't really see any difference when I put it on, no sheen, no sparkle, no boost, no smoothing, no evening out of skin tone, no nothing. On the plus side, it didn't break me out, but that's about all that can be said for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by r053v8

I like this product as it gives skin that light airy feeling when you put it on, not too heavy, didn't feel cakey, and lasted me the whole day.The smell wasn't bad either. It also brightened up my face quite a bit. I enjoyed the texture. Comes in really cute packaging. My fave Benefit product! I think this product works more on lighter complexion though, as when I went tanning, it didn't brighten up my face as much as when I was a bit more pale. Will definitely buy again!.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by spa76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was nothing special, and definitely did not live up to my expectations. I'm normally attracted to Benefit products because their packaging is so nice and everything looks great! But don't be decieved, because this was just a disappointment. It broke me out like crazy, and barely added any lasting "brightening". It looked good for a while, then seemed to do absolutely nothing for my skin. I have found that you also have to use an excessive amount to get any real results, which is a big con. It sinks into your skin without doing much, and feels a bit sticky. If you are easily prone to breakouts, I don't reccomend it. Not worth the money. . .just not worth it period.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by megalvarez

I really enjoyed That Gal primer. It gives a soft light skin and helps keep oiliness for several hours. I'll certainly buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

A few months back, I splurged way too much at Sephora and made quite a few impulsive buys. This was one of them. I paid too much for a product that BARELY brightens the complexion, as it states. Upon application, yes there is a noticeable brightening effect. It loses its lustre quite quickly though, and instead of holding my foundation in place, it makes me appear much more oily than I really am. The packaging is cute, I like the light scent, and it does have a nice, smooth application. But that's not enough to impress me. It's supposed to prolong the wear of your makeup and give you an extra brightening glow. It fails miserably at what it CLAIMS to do. I will never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

Pros: nice smell, cute packaging
Cons: could not see any effect whatsoever; ridiculously expensive.
I really didn't know if this product did anything for me to be honest. I would say that on days that I've used this, my skin did indeed looked like it was glowing, and the effect pretty much lasted the entire day. Bonus points for the nice smell. As a primer, it's not as impressive because on a recent day outing , my make-up was gone in 60 seconds after being exposed in Manila's excruciatingly hot weather. I only got this in sample size but I wouldn't re-purchase because of the price, and the fact that I really couldn't say if it did anything for me. I've stopped using this though because of a recent awesome discovery, a BB cream from another brand which I will writing a review once I get the chance to.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I think this is meant to be a dupe like for Mac's Prep + Prime in Recharge or a Rimmel Fix & Perfect 001 but it definitely doesn't perform like its peers.
PROS: The smell is amazing. I actually looked forward to using the primer mostly because it smells so good. It feels nice and smooth on the skin. It initially is very refreshing to use because of the colour, smell and texture but that is short lived as it seems to sink into the skin.
CONS: Primer shouldn't sink into the skin like this does. The brightening power is shortly lived and doesn't really combat the dull after its been applied; but even so, I would buy it up everyday if it didn't cost so much.