October 31, 2014 | 1094 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my first review and I'm full of praises for this castille soap! I actually bought this along with the tea tree soap about a year ago, but forgot about it. Recently, I've been feeling that my dove liquid soap isn't doing a good enough job cleaning my body and my dove shampoo seems to be causing clogged pores on my forehead. I remembered the squeaky clean feeling that dr bronner's gave me and decided to substitute my chemical-laden products with a natural alternative.

Using this basically from top to toe is very refreshing especially after a long day. It leaves my skin super clean and it completely clarifies my hair! It removes all the buildup that my other shampoos have left in my hair - all the silicones and sulfates and whatever.

The only reason why I don't use this as a face wash is because I don't wash my face - only water. (And it's working REALLY well) :)

I like that dr bronner's is very good value because you pay a small price for a huge amount of product which I get four times as much product because I dilute at a 1:4 soap-to-water ratio (or less). Also, I feel better because I know that I'm not washing chemicals and environmental toxins down the drain, into the ocean.

Lastly, the packaging is really awesome! I agree with one reviewer that there is little product description or information and instead there's a shitload of religious rants and blablabla, but it IS refreshing and since dr bronner's is a really natural, simple product i doubt there are many warnings or usage instructions anyway. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because I want to try other scents. Hooray for dr bronner's!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I love this product. Be forewarned though. Dilution is key!! I use it as an all-over bodywash, shampoo, and shaving. I also add it to my spa water for home pedicures. It smells great and I love the tingle of the peppermint.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lauramvig

I bought the tiny sample size of this first for AUD$2.50, because my skin has been freaking out lately so I wanted to be sure this would be OK.

I have extremely irritated skin, it is flaky, dry and requires a lot of TLC. I usually use all Aesop and Dermalogica products because I find they seem to calm my face down a bit, but lately my cleanser (Aesop purifying cream cleanser) just doesn't seem to get all my makeup off.

I used a tiny drop and lathered it up with a heap of water before putting it on my face. It feels really cooling and I think it calmed down some of the redness. I've only used it twice, but I think when I finish this bottle, if my skin is still loving it, I will probably repurchase a large size.

I used it once on my Dermalogica exfoliating brush and it still didn't further irritate my skin. No more hideous flakes and a lot less redness.

I definitely think I would only use this in the evenings, though. It will probably be too drying for me in the morning.

Will try as a body wash next. Don't think I will use this in my hair though, as mine is coloured.

Absolutely HATE the bottle. I am tempted to rip the label off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So hands down...im obsessed...

I purchased this the other day from Trader Joe's. I believe that this is the cheapest place you can get it (in store and online). My roommate uses it and after researching I decided I should try it out.

I've only used it on my body and face. I love the way it made my skin feel. I felt squeeky clean. I guess some may say that it could be drying, but I use cream lotion and baby oil gel as soon as I leave the shower, so I never have issues with soaps drying my skin. I also used it on my face, and same issue...I have very oily skin in general so I loved the squeeky clean feeling this gave my skin. I use an oil free moisturizer (sometimes mixed with a the tiniest amount of honey) and continue with my normal face routine. This body wash is an amazing addition to my morning. Its so refreshing.

I also love how much you get! This is how I rationalize...lets say you purchase a bottle of dove for $3.50-4.00...great price right? Yes....however, how much of the product d oyou use on a daily basis? I find myself going through a large bottle in less than a month. Dr. Bronners requires soooo little product for each use. I use exfoliating gloves to shower...and I put MAYBE a pea sized amount, and that may be too much...and enough lather to wash my entire body. I use tell than that for my face. Once I complete an entire bottle I will update.

I know now unless some freak accident happens I will be using this for a very long time (and hopefully other scents). ALSO...I have very long hair, and I use a lot of product in it (when I wear it curly I use a leave in conditioner and curl enhancer, and when straight I use Argan Oil before heat styling) and i find that sometimes they irritate my skin. I dont have body acne, but when I get out the shower and my conditioned hair is on my skin, sometimes my hair will cause a rash, a fine layer of bumps....when using this soap i find that it cleans my skin so well other things dont irriate my skin as much...this may just be for me...but I see a few other reviewers say that its cleared up there skin as well.

I was thinking of trying this as shampoo when I do a mayonaise conditioning masque on my hair (followed by a richer shampoo)...if I do this I will update my review again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by birdsofafeather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a fun bit of errata for those that note that this product, while great for a body wash tends to be to strong for, as one reviewer put it "your lady bits"--- Ever notice how many men love this particular Dr. Bronner's soap? Well, for the same reason it's too strong for your lady bits, it's rather stimulating to the man bits!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best bathing product during a heat wave.
You can use it as shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, or bubble bath.

When you are hot, sweaty, dog-tired, stressed and grouchy,
jumping into the shower with this gives you a shivery sensation upon scrubbing, super refreshing when you need it.
There is little fragrance left on the skin, just the woooooosh
of refreshment. No additives, and it rinses clean.

It is gentle cleansing for most skin types (NOT for use in
intimate areas!)- and is unisex- even kids would enjoy it.

Super, natural product that comes in handy when other soaps might not feel so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Ceciliaaaa

Excellent soap! Cleans well, lathers well and smells great. Plus, it leaves a tingling sensation on your skin so you feel refreshed after you shower. Warning: avoid eye area cause it's peppermint flavored so it'll sting if you put some on sensitive areas. The price is great for such quality and the bottle has some interesting facts on it. Will buy some of their stuff again since they mostly use natural ingredients in their products which is quite rare to find these days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-don't use this on your face it is very dring.
-I use it on my back to keep acne away.
- it works great at getting deoderant off my underarm so my razer doesn't get mucked up.
-I smells good
-great for cleaning makeup brushes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by nicurly

I love the smell of this and use it as a body wash. Just beware that it burns your ladybits!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by beautyisinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO sls is great! (It tears up my mouth (degreaser/foaming agent), dries my skin & scalp.) Smells great and a little goes a long way.

People + water friendly!