July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This straightener is hands down the best one I have ever had. It's also the most expensive, althought I got mine on sale for half off! (99 euros, down from 199)
It heats up very fast, but it also gets VERY hot.
It makes my hair shiny, it looks healthy and super sleek.
I have a lot of hair that's very thick, and if I use a regular/cheaper straightener, it just doesn't get the job done, or it just straight up damages my hair AND it takes me absolutely forever to finish.
I have tried this straightener on my friend who has very coarse and thick curly hair (she's half Congolese) and it even worked on her hair! That's how good this straightener is!

The only problem I have with it is that the rubber bands that are placed on the iron (to help your hair stay sleek) always come off. I then have to let the iron cool off completely so I can insert the rubber bands again because it does damage my hair if I leave the out.
I AM about to go back to the store to exchange it though, I hope the new one doesn't have this problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I would never repurchase is because I hope this lasts me forever! This is a top-quality product, and, having used several less expensive flat irons that always gave out on me or damaged my hair, I have to say it is so much more worth it to invest in one of these if you regularly straighten your hair. My hair never looks better than after I've used this on it...glossy, smooth, and soft. This heats up in a jiff, and just glides through my hair. I'm going to get one for my sis on her birthday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best straightner I've ever had! My hair is very wavy, thick and frizzy. This straightner changes all that. Makes my hair shiny, straight and just overall amazing. Only takes me 15 minutes to do my hair, as with the old Remington, took me 30. Yes it is pricey. I paid 89 for mine but i think it was worth it. Great product. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best straightner I have found for my wavy in places hair. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one, and about to have to buy another. They won't last you forever, but it will be reliable for a few years. I think each of mine have had a life of about 1.5 to 2.5 years each. If the cord was more durable they could last a lot longer. I would love to find a better straigtner, but this one does the job for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Many love this. Great for thick or hard to straighten hair, for sure.

CONS: Quite expensive. Just way too hot for me. My hair is quite damaged and fine, so it must be better for hair that just isn't like mine.

ALTERNATES: I do better with a Tool Science Ion Silver.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by dpatel1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my CHI! I got it for my birthday, it just straightens SO well. Love love love

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jesiij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing gets sooo hot soo fast. Idk about the newer versions but I have the original chi and It has no tempt. settings. I recommend this for coarse,thick, hard to straighten hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have owned many, many hair straighteners in my young life and most of them were salon quality and none of them were as good as the Chi flat iron. What can I say other than: it's easy to use, effective, fast-working and doesn't damage my hair too much. Save up for this, it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pradapuff

I have owned three of these irons. The first I purchased was the original, the second I purchased was because a pink one was available for Breast Cancer Research (I gave away my first one). I have a small iron for bangs.
This is the BEST iron that I have EVER owned. It heats up quickly and works beautifully. I have very thick and wavy hair and am able to make my hair strait and manageable with this product!
This item should not be purchased at a big box store, because it is a copy cat item and not the original, and not the same as an origional Farouk Chi iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by risris89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The ONLY straightener I trust on my hair! It heats up in about one minute and it makes my hair perfectly straight. I have used other straighteners before this one and once I tried this, I was in shock how amazing my hair looked compared to what I was using before. I have gone through 3 of these irons and I am now on my 4th one. They last about 2 years or so maybe 3 at most. But if you are like me and straighten your hair mostly everyday, plan on about 2 years with the straightener. Even if it is a little pricey, it is seriously worth every penny, NO JOKE! I keep coming back to it because I trust nothing else! My HG for sure!