October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Luckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product worked very well, but it must be poorly made because my cord shorted out and I didnt even have the straightener for more than 6 months, plus I took very good care of it. My friend who also got one had her cord act up, and now she has a hard time using it. Wish I didnt waste all my money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by smellerie03

i love my chi!!! I've had my chi for over 3yrs! I paid 100 bucks best 100 bucks ever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by missmindy

I've had a CHI for over 5 years and its been pretty good to me. Actually, the reason i've had it for soo long is because after having one for two years, one of the plates broke for no reason.. and they sent me a new one. My friend also had one that they brought to europe and it melted because the iron didn't have a converter for the voltage (its much higher in europe) so basically its bad to travel with out of the country if your a jet setter.

Other than that, i've been pretty happy with it. I just don't flat iron my hair everyday because its damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by teeheehee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i lo0o0o0o0o0ve my chi. ive had it for 2 years and its still going strong. i have wavy fine hair and dont see loads of breakage. i would totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i dont really have this product but my hairstylist uses this hair straightener on me & it works pretty awesome . i have mad wavy hair so yeah it gives me perfectly straight hair (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I ended up getting this iron in the pretty baby blue color awhile ago. My hair went through several changes while using this iron but it was extremely damaging more so than other irons were to my hair. I have medium coarse long straight hair that I have had blonde all the way to dark brunette. I used it very sparingly on my blonde tresses which caused instant breakage. The heat was just too much for it. Then when used with my long brunette hair it was still just too much heat for it. For me it isnt worth the damage. I switched to using a straightening iron with an adjustable setting. I ended up giving this CHI iron to my niece who has naturally small tight curly hair. It gives her BEAUTIFUL straight hair but me damaged ugly hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl2888

I used a CHI for a long time, and it makes me cringe when I see people bragging about how this is the best straightener ever. Spend a extra few bucks and get the GHD people! The CHI dried out my hair, made it crunchy, and didn't even straighten that well. The GHD leaves my hair wonderfully soft, straightens like a dream, and my hair even looks healthier on days i DON'T straighten it!

I'll admit the CHIs are TONS better than the cheap drugstore conair/remington types, but seriously, if you haven't used a GHD, you don't know what you're missing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by elledanseseule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This straightener is hands down the best one I have ever had. It's also the most expensive, althought I got mine on sale for half off! (99 euros, down from 199)
It heats up very fast, but it also gets VERY hot.
It makes my hair shiny, it looks healthy and super sleek.
I have a lot of hair that's very thick, and if I use a regular/cheaper straightener, it just doesn't get the job done, or it just straight up damages my hair AND it takes me absolutely forever to finish.
I have tried this straightener on my friend who has very coarse and thick curly hair (she's half Congolese) and it even worked on her hair! That's how good this straightener is!

The only problem I have with it is that the rubber bands that are placed on the iron (to help your hair stay sleek) always come off. I then have to let the iron cool off completely so I can insert the rubber bands again because it does damage my hair if I leave the out.
I AM about to go back to the store to exchange it though, I hope the new one doesn't have this problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I would never repurchase is because I hope this lasts me forever! This is a top-quality product, and, having used several less expensive flat irons that always gave out on me or damaged my hair, I have to say it is so much more worth it to invest in one of these if you regularly straighten your hair. My hair never looks better than after I've used this on it...glossy, smooth, and soft. This heats up in a jiff, and just glides through my hair. I'm going to get one for my sis on her birthday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best straightner I've ever had! My hair is very wavy, thick and frizzy. This straightner changes all that. Makes my hair shiny, straight and just overall amazing. Only takes me 15 minutes to do my hair, as with the old Remington, took me 30. Yes it is pricey. I paid 89 for mine but i think it was worth it. Great product. :)