July 31, 2014 | 1404 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lipstickisses

I really like this product but I feel like there are better ones out there. I also wish that the mirror opened like the powder instead of sliding out. But the product itself is pretty good it really does make my foundation look flawless and not oily instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by katie979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and this stuff is AMAZING. I was skeptical about the oil control cuz nothing usually keeps my oil at bay but this really does! Im so happy :) :) :)

I'm NC25 ish and got the "cream" one. It probably looks a bit lighter than it should at first but then it blends well with my skin. When I need more coverage I use my Garnier bb cream for oily skin underneath and then set it with this powder.

The price is okay for me, the packaging is horrible though but I don't care. I would definitely buy this again. Oily gals go for it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Missclili

Just to add to the sea of reviews already available for this product - I really like this!
I've found myself more and more prone to breakouts unfortunately, but thankfully this did not break me out. My skin tone is about NC 25, and got this in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) which I think is a pretty good match. Applied with a brush, it goes on nice and matte although it can become cakey when over-applied (especially around the nose). I guess this is true for most powders. Packaging is light and a little flimsy. On the brighter side, the mirror at the bottom is really handy. I've discarded the powder puff that came along as it's not of any use at all.
In short- for the price, I think it's a good product to have!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xxellzox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I was pretty impressed. It seemed like a pretty good powder for the price. After a while though I noticed that it didn't control shine for much more than an hour. Also after a couple of weeks the powder hardened and there was like a thick almost waxy coating on top of it. If your scratch the layer off the powder underneath was fine but it is pretty tedious. The thing i disliked the most though was the packaging, the lid completely broke off after a couple weeks and the twist out mirror was too awkward for me to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by gabby1765

Im in love with this powder! It really sets my foundation and its bearly noticeable you have makeup! Easy to use, easy packaging , not too expensive! I would 100% buy this again :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am loving this powder. It gives just the right amount of coverage over a BB cream or foundation. It is light and does not cake up. I've been using it now for a little over a month and will definitely be re-purchasing once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Maybelline Dream Matte Powder after getting the recommendation from a few ladies on the makeup board. I absolutely love it. The powder is very finely milled and doesn't look cakey when applied. It also doesn't settle into my fine lines which is a big plus at my age (56). I am using this over Cover Girl's Outlast 3 in 1 foundation and it gives my face an airbrushed look. I bought it in the shade Sand-Medium which is a good match for my NC30 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It covers my pores well, makes my a skin matte, and doesn't cake.

However, this is by no means a natural looking powder. It still looks like you're wearing makeup. The powder is finely milled, but felt course against my skin no matter what brush I used. The packaging also seems inconvenient. The mirror and powder puff spin out instead of flip open.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

please give this powder a try...it is the BEST drugstore powder for all skin types espiacially the oily acne-prone sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by IraP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best drugstore powder. Great coverage and I never experience caking or change in color on my face. Blends well too. It's a keeper!