October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is good and does what it needs to do. I bought it to set my foundation and it leaves my skin matte all day. It gives great coverage and absorbs the oils on my face well. I like how fine it feels and it goes on very smoothly. I use it now to set my concealer and it works just as well. The packaging doesn't bother me that much because I use a compact and fluffy brush to apply. I don't slide it open much to use the flat puff or mirror it comes with. Though I like to venture out and try other powders, but this will be one powder I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Panemobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this powder. It mattifies like crazy and keep my make-up looking good all day. It offers extra coverage. Also, it doesn't clog your pores or break you out which is amazing for someone like me that have facial demons. I wouldn't use the little pad though. It cakes it on and you end up looking super fake. Just use a powder or blush brush and you'll look fine. I love this stuff to death and would never buy any other powder. The only thing that would make this better is if the price was a little lower. All around, I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Mn516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to powder. It sets my makeup very well and leaves my skin looking fresh and flawless! It even covers up blemishes I have on my nose that I don't like putting concealer on (clogs the pores) ! Easy to apply and lasts a long time! The mirror it comes wit is handy but the cushion it comes with doesnt apply the product well. Use a blush brush! Over all good product, could be a bit cheaper though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Jenbra

This product is something to consider buying! The packaging is very small and handy. When you slide the product on the side it has a mirror and a small makeup pad(Which is kinda useless).
    The price is so cheap and affordable!
    I have fair, acne prone skin and it didn't bother with my skin at all. In fact on the back it says " Oil free,Wont Clog Pores, and Dermatologist tested." The only complaint is that the product doesn't give me any coverage. The shade I have is "Cream". I only use this product to set my foundation or just concealer. The reason why I love this product is because off the matte finish which lasts all day!
    I heard a lot of good reviews on the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I might adventure off to that product because it seems gives more coverage than this product.
    But over all I love this product to set my foundation and concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

My favourite matte powder! I have normal skin but I like the look of matte.

This keeps me matte all day, no joke! I love it! I use it everyday and haven't hit pan yet! It's pretty pricey ($20+ AUD) but regardless I'll definatly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MeganIsNotMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to powder! I have dry skin but my nose often gets oily. It doesn't dry me out and my nose stays matte! But what I truly love about this powder is really hard to explain! It just makes me skin look so smooth! It's just gives a really great texture. It also has a very very slight coloring that balances my skin. Natural finish. Very very slight sparkle in some lighting. Cute packaging but very annoying when trying to touch up on the go. It also tends to break and crumble easily when I hit pan. But it's still my favorite <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lipstickisses

I really like this product but I feel like there are better ones out there. I also wish that the mirror opened like the powder instead of sliding out. But the product itself is pretty good it really does make my foundation look flawless and not oily instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by katie979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and this stuff is AMAZING. I was skeptical about the oil control cuz nothing usually keeps my oil at bay but this really does! Im so happy :) :) :)

I'm NC25 ish and got the "cream" one. It probably looks a bit lighter than it should at first but then it blends well with my skin. When I need more coverage I use my Garnier bb cream for oily skin underneath and then set it with this powder.

The price is okay for me, the packaging is horrible though but I don't care. I would definitely buy this again. Oily gals go for it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Missclili

Just to add to the sea of reviews already available for this product - I really like this!
    I've found myself more and more prone to breakouts unfortunately, but thankfully this did not break me out. My skin tone is about NC 25, and got this in Beige (Medium 2-2.5) which I think is a pretty good match. Applied with a brush, it goes on nice and matte although it can become cakey when over-applied (especially around the nose). I guess this is true for most powders. Packaging is light and a little flimsy. On the brighter side, the mirror at the bottom is really handy. I've discarded the powder puff that came along as it's not of any use at all.
    In short- for the price, I think it's a good product to have!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xxellzox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I was pretty impressed. It seemed like a pretty good powder for the price. After a while though I noticed that it didn't control shine for much more than an hour. Also after a couple of weeks the powder hardened and there was like a thick almost waxy coating on top of it. If your scratch the layer off the powder underneath was fine but it is pretty tedious. The thing i disliked the most though was the packaging, the lid completely broke off after a couple weeks and the twist out mirror was too awkward for me to use.