China Glaze For Audrey

4.3

on 4/27/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The famous For Audrey by China Glaze! The shade is a lovely ttiffany' blue, very milky green with a touch of blue. The shade is very unique and hard to describe.

Unfortunately what lets this polish down is the formula. It is runny and can pool at the cuticle. It is not self-levelling. Hard to apply even coats. Due to the pooling clean-up is essential. In my opinion, definately a three coater.

It looks okay on my skintone (around NW45 in MAC terms) but on a lighter skin tone it probably would look much better.

Definately comes into its own in the summer. On the right person its the perfect spring/summer shade. The person who likes this shade will say to themself 'I've just got to have it!', another person will be undecided.

But if you have to have it, in terms of the shade you will love it! But formula wise...China Glaze, I will not hold it against you!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

It's one of the best loved China Glaze colors and not just for its associations with Tiffany's and Audrey Hepburn, though it's a dangerously close blue (dangerous and just close because Tiffany & Co. have a copyright on their particular shade of blue). I love it because it's like nothing else I've seen. It's this weird combination of dusty saturation and pastel that makes this a winner for me, regardless of its famous associations.

Application was alright; three coats for evenness (but I'm learning that with most light colored cremes, this is a good strategy). It dried with a medium gloss so I added top coat for protection and to add a bit more shine to show off (the pic above has no topcoat, btw).

It's really gorgeous, and I'm excited to show this off on my fingers all day!

on 4/17/2012 2:27:00 PM

The perfect Tiffany-box blue, named for Audrey Hepburn's role in Breakfast with Tiffany's. It's a little thick and creamy looking for me to really like it on my hands, but it's a nice summery color for my toes and I wear it often.

on 4/14/2012 1:12:00 AM

This is the only nail polish color that I have ever re-purchased. I am always looking for the new hot polish, but this is a classic. The formula is great, the color is eye-catching and beautiful, but not crazy. I can't say enough good things about it. It's my favorite polish!

on 3/30/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

love love love it! love this color specially if youre tan! it will brights up your skintone like OMG!!! it stays on better than any other brand. it stays up to 4 weeks on my toes! this color is a must for spring and summer!!!

on 3/28/2012 11:49:00 PM

I liked this well enough until I got Sinful Colors Mint Apple. Mint Apple is in the same color family, but has a slight tinge of green and a shimmer, which makes me love it much more than For Audrey. For Audrey looks flat in comparison and gives me "lobster hands" and Mint Apple does not. Plus, Mint Apple is only $1.99 at Walgreens. If you're thinking about For Audrey, check out Mint Apple, it's AMAZING!!

on 3/28/2012 11:29:00 PM

Love it!! Tiffany blue is my favorite color. I put in 2 coats, the finish is glossy. No issues with chipping yet (this is my second day so far). I'll probably be wearing this color often!

on 3/10/2012 9:30:00 PM

Love this! finally got it after having it on my w/l for ever. Beautiful color, awesome formula, very fast drying and great staying power! Will def. repurchase.

on 3/5/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

woot!!! winner!!! Its so smooth and shiney,,beautiful color and coverage,,I hesitated buying this a few months back,,end of summer actually,,But a new butterfly shirt inspired me to buy it now,,im so glad i did!!! Cant wait to do the toesies now!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous color, with a nostalgic name. Great formula, 2 coats to match bottle color, self leveling.

Top Rated China Glaze Products