October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

The tip is horribly large, just like that of a markers.. actually sharpies have a finer tip.
This is very watery and doesn't last on the eye at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by exoticarab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG this is the worst eyeliner eveeeer. What the hell!? Is this an actual marker? Seriously it went on weird, the color wasnt even black, it came out like this weird gray, and it was hard to apply. This was HORRIBLE.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is awful with a capital A. I bought it in dark brown and when it says marker on the package, it really means marker. A sharpie would work the exact same way and would be a lot cheaper. It was so not worth the $8. It's very watery and smudges very easily if you don't wait a few minutes for it to dry and the tip is too thick even when you try to use the corner to make a very thin, defined line. Worst liner I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by nmf9106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I even wasted my money on this product. It is probably the worst eyeliner I've ever used.. first of all it is really hard to get a nice thin line, and once you do get it to look decent, it either smudges, or turns a gray color when it dries! it doesnt even stay black, when you put it on it seems like someone added a whole bunch of water to it. it also doesnt last, after a few hours it seems like it just magically disappears. this eyeliner is seriously a waste of time and money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as an extra in a swap and I LOVE it! To be clear I normally use a black eyeshadow as a liner so I'm used to not drawing a line but instead dabbing the liner into my lash line. And that is the way this liner works best. It makes a nice thick line & makes my lashes look much thicker. Lasts all day. I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This takes a little practice, bu I was able to achieve a nice line. I wish it was a tad darker though. I like the concept of the marker and wish it came in variety of colors. The trick is to start slowly and connect small lines right to left if that makes any sense. You will need a steady hand. I love eyeliner. It is one of my to have products. I really enjoy having this in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by unicornlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was buying mascara at the drug store and they were offering free LíOreal eyeliner with the purchase. My eyes scanned the plethora of optionsÖI didnít really NEED eye liner (I have quite a bit right now) but what the heck, itís free, right?

Since I have both traditional kohl eyeliner, and liquid, I was drawn to the LíOreal marker because I donít have anything like it. So, I got it and let me tell you, I really, really like it. It looks like a Sharpie marker and has a thick tip and a thinner side.

The reason why it rocks: IT STAYS ON! I always have a problem with liquid eyeliner because though I love the impact and drama, it usually smears and even worse, usually gets in the corner of my eye and creates that ugly black eyeliner booger. This eyeliner DOES NOT.

The problem with it is that its really, really difficult to get a perfectly straight line. The first couple times I used it the line looked pretty bad, but with some practice I am getting better.

Definitely a must try for anyone who gets the liquid eyeliner eye goo!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by narquelie

This is the best eyeliner I've ever, ever bought! I'm not a fan of pencils because they don't go on (or off) smoothly and never become dark or sharp or dramatic enough. Liquids are messy and look too unnatural. Voluminous is fantastic. The formula is super thin and opaque and goes on like a fineliner pen. Can't find it anymore near me-- drugstore lady told me it was discontinued, but if anybody sees it I urge you to try it. Changed my life. Looking for replacement, taking suggestions :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try a liquid eyeliner for some time now, and I saw this at Walgreens and decided to give it a whirl. I bought one in black and black/brown.

I'll be honest, I'm not so great with liquid eyeliner. I typically wear a self sharpening pencil liner and I was looking for something darker for special occasions. I figured the marker tip would be easy for someone like me to apply. I have tried liquid eyeliners with brushes and they just don't work for me. :(

So anyway. I messed around with this for a while and could NOT get anything less than a horrible thick line across the middle of my eyelids. I watched a YouTube video and someone suggested using an angled liner brush to apply it, which worked except that the line was too thin. :/ If I wanted a thin light line, I'd be better off just using what I already have!

I'm going to give this to my younger sister. She is better with makeup than I am and maybe she can make use of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by westendgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw L'Oreal's Voluminous eyeliner marker at Kmart and thought I would give it a try. Since I'm not one to usually spend much on makeup, I found it to be a little pricey at 9 dollars. But the concept of eyeliner in the form of a marker sounded pretty cool and I gave it a try. When I opened the package I was rather disappointed at the large chisel tip it has. I played around with it a bit and finally I was able to make a decent line, but the color smudged really easily if you didn't wait for it to dry. A couple days later I gave it a "debut" and wore it with eyeshadow to an event, but after only 3 hours I came home and saw that the lines had bled all over the crease of both my eyelids...and not just little lines, but really big and super dark marks. I tried it again a few more times with the same result. My eyes really aren't that oily and I had my doubts that a nonpermanent marker would work on skin, and I was right. Now it's just a really expensive black marker that I keep with my art supplies. I really wouldn't recommend it.