April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite powder. This is technically a powder foundation, but I use it to set my face makeup. I like the bit of extra coverage it gives :) This powder has the most flawless finish ever. It's mattifying but not super powdery. I'd say it's a satin-matte finish. The texture is so soft and smooth. You have to be careful not to apply too much, since it's powder foundation. It can get cakey if you do. One thing I don't like is the packaging. There's a compartment for the sponge that it comes with, so there's just an empty space under the powder, and it makes the compact bulky :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used MAC foundations for years and have always loved the Studio Fix fluid foundation. I always wore the mineralize skinfinish natural powder to give my foundation more coverage and I got tired of using them both all of the time. I decided to switch to Studio Fix powder plus foundation several weeks ago because I have a friend who swears by this and her skin always looks flawless. The first time I tried this, I used the included applicator sponge and didn't like the way it looked on my skin, so I decided to use my MAC #182 buffer brush and buff this onto my skin. I loved the way it looked on my skin! This lasts ALL DAY on me and I love the fact that it gives me perfect coverage without feeling too overdone. I haven't experience any issues with breakouts yet, but I have experienced a little dryness by the end of the day. For that reason, I make sure to use a good moisturizer and primer beforehand. I have medium tan skin and wear shade NW30.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grrrhhhh. Great colour but it breaks me out everytime I use it. Dumped.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this power, pairs perfectly with my mac studio fix, i got this powder in NC20 to match my liquid foundation, but i use this ontop of all my other foundations as well and it does a good job, it adds more coverage and keeps my face matt. I just apply this product with a simple powder brush, deffs would repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i first got this because my friend uses it and it looks really good on her.. i cant even tell she is wearing it. when i first put it on it looked good... i looked a little made-up though. a few hours later it had cracked and changed color! i looked so horrible and shiney! it also reallly made me break out. the weird thing is that my friend still wears it.. and she has really good skin and she always looks good and natural in it. it works for some skin tones that are not dry or oily or pimpley. good luck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by laurenwhiting13

Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation, is an amazing powder. You can wear the powder on its own, if you only want a little bit of coverage. But you can layer it over your foundation which will give you more coverage. I think that the packaging suits the product, as it wont crack the powder. Inside it has a little mirror and also a powder puff, for on the go touch-ups. Like always MAC has a great colour range from Light to Dark skin tones. For me the powder lasts all day on my skin without any touch-ups. When you apply the powder, it feels smooth on you're skin and straight away gives you a flawless finish to you're skin. Overall I love the product and will be re purchasing it again soon, it is a beauty bag must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder foundation and does its job of covering well. But the catch is with this foundation is since I have light-medium skin I used NC35 and throughout the day my skin looked as if I had turned 3 shades darker. The MAC lady said this happened because my oily skin caused the foundation to change colour on me so I went a shade lighter. I usually wear a sheer liquid foundation then blot this over it. Warned this may go cakey, but ah well, this is altogether a good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Great coverage that comes at a serious cost. Cystic acne. I've tried this several times and without fail it broke me out everytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mufejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this foundation, and think it was incredible. It was really heavy on my face, but I just thought it was to be expected from a powder foundation. I was wrong.

When I ran out of this stuff, I switched to the Cover FX powder foundation and I never looked back.

The MAC foundation, in comparison to the Cover FX, was SO HEAVY! I have extremely oily skin so whenever I used the power plus foundation, my oily skin was kept at bay....but only for a copule of hours. Then my face would feel as though I'm wearing layers and layers of makeup, when I'm not.

This foundation is heavy, not that good for oily skin, and overall, is not my favorite anymore. I do love that this foundation was great at covering up blemishes, and other imperfections. But so is the Cover FX.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No