MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 11/13/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

SKIN BACKGROUND: normal/dry, acne prone, mild to severe acne marks and scars, dominant yellow-olive undertones.
COVERAGE: full
FINISH: matte
TEXTURE: definitely very smooth - I have dry, weirdly textured skin and this powder just glides right on top of it without looking cakey.
LASTING POWER: I rarely use this on its own, but when used as a setting powder, I can get about 2-3 more hours out of the foundation I'm using under it.
SHADES: I’m NC20 in the Studio Fix Fluid, but the powder is definitely lighter than the liquid so I got NC30, but it's somewhat beige-y.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: not at all!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: yes! - it's become my favorite powder.
FINAL VERDICT: This is definitely my HG powder foundation. I use this under mousse foundations and as a setting powder but it's also my go-to foundation when I'm in a rush. I got mine for around $32, and I would say it's worth the price considering how long I've had it.

on 11/13/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

My, oh my! This product is a GEM for those of us in a pinch. I'm just a student, but I'm always running off to something or the other. Whether it's a meeting for my student-run NGO, whether it's a debate competition, an MUN, a student council meeting, THIS baby right here is always there for me. I carry this around with me. When I have to be somewhere, I only get a moment's notice. And when I'm looking ruddy (which is like, always), I whip this out. I need about five minutes and five things to do my entire face. A kabuki, this powder, the Rimmel Brow pencil in Black Brown, MUFE Full Cover Concealer, and the Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain. However, out of these five products, it's this MAC powder I absolutely CAN'T skip. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

COLOUR: NC43. It's spot on.

COVERAGE: The coverage is buildable to full, but I only build it to medium-ish coverage.

FINISH: At medium coverage, this powder looks EXTREMELY natural. I don't know what it would look when it's built to full, but a few spritzes of rose water on top would totally take away that powdery-vibe to it. The finish is actually demi-matte for me. My skin looks ABSOLUTELY real somehow.

LASTING POWER: 12 hours for me.

BLENDING: A breeze. Melts into your skin as long as you use a kabuki brush.

APPLICATION METHOD: I feel like the fact that I blend like a crazy person with a giant kabuki brush till I'm running late helps this to look way more natural than it should. I mean, let's be honest here. No foundation really looks like skin. And to a trained eye, no way. But looking in my magnifying mirror and seeing it blend perfectly into my skin, with no streaks, and no texture was absolutely brilliant! This foundation mimics my skin. Totally. It looks transparent and flawless. BOO-YEAH!
Tip: Use that nasty sponge they give you for your neck. Not your face for Pete's sake.

MY SKIN TYPE: I have dry skin, which I moisturize heavily each morning and night. Flakes are not a problem for me. I also have hyperpigmentation, which is easily covered using the concealer and the powder in conjunction.

WHO SHOULD USE THIS: People who have oily skin should buy this. If you're not diligent about moisturizing, dry skinned girls, NO! If you have mature skin, NO! If you have skin problems, HECK YES! I've never seen a powder provide this kind of coverage.

VERDICT: This stuff is slightly expensive. I know. But it works. It works especially if you need to carry around your make up a lot and have bad skin. This powder is beautiful. Go get it, what're you waiting for?

on 11/12/2014 9:55:00 AM

its my day foundation. .i have dry skin..just apply it thinly on my face and it stay more than 8 hours..and barely touch up ;)

on 11/9/2014 12:47:00 PM

Been wearing mac since I was 15, Im now 22 (forever) jk..im 28. :(

I love MAC products. I recently changed foundations from MAC to see what else is out there and I want to venture out and see what type of poweder there is as well. I love full coverage so I do the whole Foundation concealer, and powder.

on 11/2/2014 1:26:00 AM

I got this in shade, NC42. When worn alone, this powder is low coverage. Although, it claims to be full coverage. I used this powder over my liquid foundation for more coverage and to set my foundation. It feels a bit heavy and dry on my skin. After half-and-hour, it sets and looks smooth. When I wore it at nighttime, it looked a bit dewy and reflective. Although, you get a lot of product, this powder is not worth the price. I was expecting it to be med-full coverage. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/24/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first wore this, I had to take it right off because it felt way too cakey on my skin but after I gave it another try, I realised it was just the new foundation I was trying out. This is such an amazing powder and gives light to medium coverage. I use it on top of my foundation or concealer when I'm having a bad skin day as it's in my skin colour. Overall, it's a great product! Really does control the shine on my face.

on 10/21/2014 6:28:00 AM

This has fantastic coverage for a powder foundation, and is also very long wearing and stays matte (nose on a hot day requires a touch up, but nowhere else does). There's a great range of colours and it doesn't oxidise at all. I have fairly extreme combination skin with an oily T zone but quite dry cheeks. If I apply this heavily for full coverage, it does settle into fine lines a bit, but otherwise isn't particularly drying and doesn't accentuate drier patches. Only problem is breakouts - not just in the t-zone but also on my cheeks. The rest of the finish is so good that I still wear it, but I wish they'd replace whatever ingredient clogs pores.

on 10/21/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this makes my skin look and feel so smooth while setting my makeup in place all day long

on 10/20/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely perfect powder...I have repurchased this twice. On top of a liquid foundation, it gives a beautiful flawless finish- it is marketed as a powder foundation but don't be afraid of using it lightly over liquid foundation if you like a perfect finish as it's not cakey! I am one of those people whose make up seems to just fade away throughout the day and since finding this product last year I look fresh for so much longer. My skin is normal-combo so you don't have to be super oily to enjoy this product. Absolutely holy grail!

on 10/19/2014 4:47:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation of all time. Omg. I feel like you dont use this alone though, you put it on top of another liquid foundation for the perfect amazing finish. I have pretty bad skin, and I usually dont look good, but this covers it all up and I dont look like a freaking just painted over all my pimples with paint. It looks good and flawless and lasts for hours, I dont need to reput this on at all throughout the day. Its not that expensive considering how good it is, and I would buy this again and again, I hope MAC never stops selling this. The packaging is also very great, easy to just have in your bag. I use whipped creme foundation from Max Factor, suprisingy, under, and they work great together. I use the MAC 130 brush to put the liquid foundation on. This is like a concealer and foundation in one, love it.