April 24, 2014 | 2097 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I used to love MAC cosmetics. This is great coverage for my acne scars and oil control, don't get me wrong. But this is also the cause of my break out! I was told by a lot of make up SA at Nordstrom that MAC is not good for sensitive and acne-prone skin because of the ingredients. I regret not listening before. I shouldn't have used any of MAC cosmetics. Now I have the worst acne scars ever and it's all because of MAC. One week after I stopped using their products, my skin is way better. But I have to find a great product to help diminish those scars. Such a waste of money. And self-confidence.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation made me break out like crazy! It did not even control my oily face (I use this without primer). I ended up giving this to my mom instead. Not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tvall

I have such a love hate relationship with this powder. I like that it is a foundation in itself as it means it's quite full coverage when worn to set make up (which is what I bought it for) I also like it comes with a mirror and sponge making it handy for traveling (yet the sponge is not the best way to apply the product). I also think the price is reasonable as it's lasted me a long time and the quality is good as it has a soft and velvety feel when swatched as oppose to other powders that can be chalky.

The cons however make it hard for me to be fully satisfied. First is that it's matte, like matter than matte. Not good for my dry skin, also the fact it's a foundation and matte makes it look cakey (because of my dry skin). Finally throughout the day I've noticed it go a bit patchy and streaky and cling to random areas.

However, the product itself like I said is good quality and some of my friends swear by it. It's probably much better for normal-oily skin. Not too oily though because of the lasting power but then again it's easy to top up because of the compact packaging.

Up to you, I've very recently discovered the Mac MSFN (I know HOW has it taken me this long) and I'm more than happy with this as my setting powder as it is still velvety but not as matte or as full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS:

I absolutely love Mac's shade range, especially since a lot of their NC shades run yellow enough for my very yellow skin. I'm a perfect match for the shade NC25. I applied this foundation with a dense kabuki brush and buffed it into my skin. I was pleasantly surprised that it had medium coverage (about as high coverage as a powder foundation can go) and was capable of covering my faint acne scars and sun spots. It also looked quite natural on the skin! It didn't sink into pores or creases (which is a common problem for other powders!), and it didn't look powdery or too "much".

CONS:

Like a lot of other people, I broke out from this foundation. It took a few days, but eventually I grew some whiteheads around my forehead, eyebrows and nose. It's a shame, because I really do love this foundation!

Also, it doesn't seem to provide any oil control for my oily skin at all. My T-zone was shiny within 2 hrs, which is about average for most skin products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this because I have a VERY hard time finding a foundation pale enough to match me and this worked. I have it in N3 (paler than NC/NW-15) it's a good match, but I wish it was less pink. I use this over a primer otherwise my large pores show through and then I use a loose finishing powder over top ...which is needed with this to make it smoother looking and keep the t-zone shine free.(it's shine city just after 1 hour without setting powder) Sometimes I have peeling/flaky skin from Retin A micro ...so I pat this on my face (over primer) and it conceals the peeling/flakes as much as you can. Coverage is about medium...medium + if you layer it on, but it will look really powdery..not natural. I don't use this around my eyes because after a while it feels really tight and dry...I use concealer under my eyes & dust a bit of my loose setting powder on top...then apply my foundation everywhere else. I'm currently looking for a new powder foundation that's less pink ..I probably wouldn't get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Favorite powder. This is technically a powder foundation, but I use it to set my face makeup. I like the bit of extra coverage it gives :) This powder has the most flawless finish ever. It's mattifying but not super powdery. I'd say it's a satin-matte finish. The texture is so soft and smooth. You have to be careful not to apply too much, since it's powder foundation. It can get cakey if you do. One thing I don't like is the packaging. There's a compartment for the sponge that it comes with, so there's just an empty space under the powder, and it makes the compact bulky :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used MAC foundations for years and have always loved the Studio Fix fluid foundation. I always wore the mineralize skinfinish natural powder to give my foundation more coverage and I got tired of using them both all of the time. I decided to switch to Studio Fix powder plus foundation several weeks ago because I have a friend who swears by this and her skin always looks flawless. The first time I tried this, I used the included applicator sponge and didn't like the way it looked on my skin, so I decided to use my MAC #182 buffer brush and buff this onto my skin. I loved the way it looked on my skin! This lasts ALL DAY on me and I love the fact that it gives me perfect coverage without feeling too overdone. I haven't experience any issues with breakouts yet, but I have experienced a little dryness by the end of the day. For that reason, I make sure to use a good moisturizer and primer beforehand. I have medium tan skin and wear shade NW30.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Grrrhhhh. Great colour but it breaks me out everytime I use it. Dumped.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this power, pairs perfectly with my mac studio fix, i got this powder in NC20 to match my liquid foundation, but i use this ontop of all my other foundations as well and it does a good job, it adds more coverage and keeps my face matt. I just apply this product with a simple powder brush, deffs would repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i first got this because my friend uses it and it looks really good on her.. i cant even tell she is wearing it. when i first put it on it looked good... i looked a little made-up though. a few hours later it had cracked and changed color! i looked so horrible and shiney! it also reallly made me break out. the weird thing is that my friend still wears it.. and she has really good skin and she always looks good and natural in it. it works for some skin tones that are not dry or oily or pimpley. good luck