April 17, 2014 | 943 users online

Crème - Graftobian - High-Definition Glamour Color Creme Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks so natural and flawless on the skin. I couldnt believe it. However, it clogs my pores... which is annoying. But i cant stop using it because it looks so damn good! It's long lasting, but the oil control is not so good. So if you're really oily, dont use this on your T-zone, unless u have a really good mattifyer xD

I do recommend :)

EDIT: BROKE ME OUT, CLOGS MY PORES =[

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I am MAC NW20. I ordered Pallette #1 Neutral and it's a pretty good match!

I love how there are 5 different shades in the Pallette and I use the darker shade to contour or when I am darker in the Summer. It looks really natural and flawless in real life and in photos. Covers well. I use my MUFE HD powder on top. (although i read on reviews some use the BEN NYE HD powder).

So far I like it! I would love to try out the Cinema Secrets Palettes first before I decide which one I like better and order the full size!

I use this for special occasion when I am going out to parties and need to look flawless in photos.

Give it a try!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After the amazing reviews I couldn't wait to try this foundation but sadly was extremely disappointed. The cover is fantastic but when applied it just doesnt seem to sink into the skin, just sits there so when I apply powder ontop it takes a lot of the coverage away with it. After a few hours it seperates on my t zone and becomes a greasy cakey Un natural mess. Would definitely never rephurchase

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After years of not-so-great luck with other foundations from high to low end and everything in between I was skeptical but have become a believer and a convert to Graftobian HD and wish I'd found it years ago. It truly is an amazing foundation; perfect flawless full coverage, easy to apply, goes on smooth, blends well, deoesn't oxidize, wear off in patches, lasts all day and then some, and has a great shade selection. I have combo skin and this doesn't excacerbate my drier areas nor does it turn into a grease slick on my oilier areas. It's perfect, everywhere. It's matte, but once it sets and melds with your skin it's like you were airbrushed or Photoshopped, Not mask-y or fake whatsoever so I can see why they call it High Def! Whether used over a primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, or all by itself it always looks great. A little goes a long way and 99% of the time I don't need to follow with a concealer because this covers so well. a half-ounce jar will probably last me forever at this rate. Despite what I thought were a couple questionable ingredients, I've had no issues with breakouts and it looks amazing in any kind of light, from natural daylight to the dreaded flourescent. Due to the lack of SPF it photographs beautifully, no washed-out 'ghost-face' look here! I am so happy I don't foresee myself using anything else as long as this continues to perform as well as it has so far. That's probably the best compliment I can give any product due to my fickle nature :) If you're even remotely on the fence about this, do yourself a favor, grab a palette or two and give this a try. (I happened to get lucky based on reviews here and Graftobian's site and struck gold my first try with Ingenuine, but they have palettes for each color family if you aren't sure or don't want to chance it like I did before you take the plunge on a whole jar.) If you try this, I hope you end up as pleased as I am so a resounding y-e-s I'll buy again. For reference I'm warm-toned with yellow undertones and wear Ingenuine during winter when I'm paler and Buttermilk or Vixen during the summer when I'm, a bit darker (YMMV but for me, these are the equivalent of MAC NC15 and about NC25 or 30, respectively).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I am usually the lightest shade in most foundations, but not in this, so if you are pale, you're going to love this! The color I wear is Prima Donna. It is a cream foundation that is full coverage but can be sheered out if you like. I use a foundation sponge to apply and I love it. I used to use Bobbi Brown oil-free compact foundation (which I love), but this is pretty much the same thing for about 1/4 to 1/3 the price, so I am sticking to this. Love it and recommend it highly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I needed an spf-free, full coverage foundation for an event, so off I went to Sephora. When I explained to the SA that I didn't want any spf, that I wanted a flawless, full coverage foundation, he suggested an HD foundation. I thought this was a great idea, and sampled each and every HD foundation that matched my skin.

Unfortunately, none of them worked, and some were outright disasters. (I am quite dry skinned.) I gave up on HD foundations and decided to try MAC's full coverage foundation instead. This, too, failed, as there are no Pro stores accessible to me.

Fast forward several weeks later, and I come across my favorite You Tube makeup artist's positive review of Graftobian HD Glamour Creme foundation.

I researched which colors would suit me, but was hesitant to even order samples, as the Graftobian foundation matrix seems to be lacking suggestions between NC35 and 50. It wasn't until Temptalia (bless her painted heart) put up her foundation matrix that I felt comfortable and ordered samples.

The samples run $3.99 and the full size is $12.50 for a 1/2 ounce jar. The beats, HANDS DOWN, any other foundation I have ever purchased.

I'm somewhere between NC35-40 and quite warm (yellow). I ordered Desert Sand and Winter Wheat from The Paint & Powder store. The samples they sent were meant to be "for one time use" according to the website, but they were in fact each enough to use 7-8 times for me.

This brings me to my first review point for this foundation- it's SUPER pigmented. You simply don't need a lot to do a heavy coverage face.

The product comes in a 1/2 oz jar. It's very creamy and very blend-able.
The finish is semi-matte, which is new for me, as I normally prefer a dewy finish. However, I have mixed this with lotions to create a tinted moisturizer (word of caution here: some of the lotions darkened the foundation).

I also did a side by side comparison with my favorite foundation (BB Moisture Rich in Warm Natural) and compared coverage, wear (over several hours) and skin tone matching. Graftobian's Desert Sand matched perfectly (although it is the barest hint yellower- fine by me as I have always felt that the BB fdt was not quite warm enough by a hair) and covered MUCH better than BB. They wore equally (both with primer and without). I do not normally set with powder, and I certainly would not with this foundation given its semi matte finish. Also, I don't normally prime my entire face and this left me feeling a bit dry with a traditional primer (LM), so I went back to Sephora got samples of silicon-free moisturizing primers. (I will edit this review with those results). The BB fdt did have a dewy-er finish.

The best way I found to apply this foundation is with a damp sponge. I have noticed that it's easier to sheer this foundation out when the sponge is damper than usual. It's also quite easy to build coverage where you need it. (Less is more for me- I wear the sheerest coverage I can get away with and build only where needed- this keeps my face from looking like a mask and follows for all my foundations.)

I ALSO tried this fdt out as a concealer. I followed my usual steps, applied eye cream, primed, applied my BB Corrector, then Graftobian HD creme, then set it with LM Brightening powder. It wasn't an utter failure, but my preference is still my BB Creamy Concealer. A side by side comparison demonstrated that the eye with the BB lasted longer.

Another tip (for personal use) is to warm the product up on the back of your (clean & sanitized) hand and pick it up with the sponge from there, or dot your face (I dot my chin, nose, forehead & cheeks) and blend outward from there. I DO NOT stick my fingers or brushes in this foundation- I use plastic makeup spatulas. I also transferred some to a clean, sanitized sample jar to take on the go with me in case I need a touch-up.

All in all, my best advice is to play with this to learn how it works best for *you*. Don't expect to plop it out of the jar and have it be a miracle product. Given the amount of product that you get for the price, and given the versatility of this product, it's well worth the time and effort to learn how to use it.

Others have noted that the product contains ingredients that could potentially clog pores. This is true, but because it's a full coverage foundation, it's NOT an everyday product for me (my BB Extra Balm, BB Moisture Rich & BB Skin all have spf and are out-of-the-bottle ready for every day) it works just fine.

I would not hesitate to purchase this again, although it's unlikely I will have to for a very long time. (As a side note- the Winter Wheat was too dark for me now, but now functions nicely as a contouring shade and will be perfect for me in the summer should I need it.)

EDIT: I promised I would edit this after I had paired this foundation with a moisturizing primer. I used Korre's Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer on one cheek (my cheeks are the driest areas) and Tarte's Recreate Primer. (Both these primers are silicon free.)

Boy, was I pleased with the results! The lower half of my cheeks have the largest pores on my face, and even there, my skin looked like a porcelain doll's and felt like butter. My skin still looked great 5 hours later (but did not feel quite as moisturized). I will definitely be getting Tarte's primer, as that had Jojoba oil in it.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by BizzyBunny

This is my go to foundation when I need my skin to look like glass in photos. My skin always looks great with this foundation. I use the HD pressed powder to set the creme and just flawless until I take it off.

This really delivers and covers redness, acne whatever.

Love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

This is not easily found in brick and mortar stores so getting a color match takes a bit of guess work but fortunately, these can be purchased in color family palettes. I got Warm #2 and have had complete luck - Buttermilk, the lightest shade, matches my winter skin perfectly. The other shades will no doubt help during the warmer months when my skin tans but for they work very well for contouring. The coverage is fantastic but still looks quite natural and feels lightweight. It has a very smooth consistency and is easy to blend. It is not as long lasting as other foundations I've tried but I get a good 8-hour wear time if I use a primer (currently I am using Tarte Clean Slate). The packaging is plastic but feels sturdy - the compact size makes it great for travel.

UPDATE: After using this for several months, I noticed my skin has been less than stellar. It's not as smooth and youthful and my pores look enormous. I tried to fix this with skincare but I finally decided to give this product a rest and switch to Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer. And now my skin is back - smoother, healthier and more younger looking than ever. Now I can't be certain it was because of this but it was the only thing I changed. Maybe my skin just doesn't like this stuff afterall. Either way, I'm only going to use this sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really really like this foundation. I can't wear it daily or it clogs my pores, though I have very clog-prone skin which is sensitive as well. I can't really wear a foundation daily without getting clogged pores.
The coverage of this foundation is amazing. I took the advice of some reviewers here (and on youtube) and dotted the product onto my face with a concealer brush and used a damp sponge to pat/stipple/ dab the product into my skin. The result is flawless looking skin. I had a very red and angry looking zit and nothing was working to cover it. So I dotted this on and stippled it into my skin and VOILA-perfection. Other than a little bit of dry skin around the zit it looked completely perfect. I set the foundation with my ELF correction powder palette (which is also awesome, btw). I will continue to purchase this to have on hand for these occasions, or if I need to have a perfect looking face for a special occasion. I have the neutral #1 palette, and have found that the Primma Donna shade works seamlessly with my skin, which is usually a MAC NC20. I'm thankful to have stumbled on to this foundation (THANKS MUA!!!).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by missylpy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing, especially for special occasions and professional photo shoots. Having experimented with this foundation over the past year with my make up work, I have found it is best used on all skin types. However, on drier skins, it is important to apply at least 3 coats of I.e. Shu Uemura's Depsea water spray to ultra hydrate the skin. It is also important to set this foundation with loose powder and a big fluffy satin like powder puff in a press and roll motion underneath the eyes to elimate it from sitting into any lines. I have found the Shu Uemura translucent powder (colorless for pale skin, 7YR medium light for olive skin, 7YR medium light + 7YR medium) for tanned skin colours) as their texture finish is simply like silk due to their triple milling process. Once you have completed the rest of your make up, set with powder foundation for full coverage. Then spray 3 coats of Skindinavia finishing spray. WOW. Your make up with last you the whole day with no touch up required (for really oily skins you'll only need to blot once or twice). I've used this for models on shoots, and mostly - brides for their special day - the finish, coverage and lasting effect is just superb when used in conjunction with skindinavia finishing spray. For me personally, it is my only go-to foundation when I go out for a special occasion or clubbing all night, it just maintains coverage and color, and does not look cakey. Simply beautiful to use, and at such a great price!! I recommend for all olive skin tones to purchase 'Caramel' to mix it into your chosen colour of foundation. It adds more 'yellow' tone and you can adjust it as much as you like. 'Caramel' is my staple in my make up kit even for mixing with all of my other foundations, because it allows me to adjust any other foundation I want into an olive tone.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No