Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 11/5/2009 10:21:00 PM

This review is for the minerals foundation. Initially, I loved it, it gave me the glow and dewy look, with the hint of sheen. As time went on, a few month later, I've noticed that I had more dry spots on my cheeks, dull complexion and I started to look like I spent too much time at the tanning salon, I was sallow, with these shiny spots on my forehead, nose, cheeks. It accentuated the tiny marks on my skin instead of 'buffing' them away. Would probably give it more lippies if it didn't completely dry out my cheeks and cause it to turn red and itchy. My nose also had more blackheads over time. Stopped using it after 3-4 months.

on 10/25/2009 9:28:00 PM

I have acne-prone skin and have been searching for "natural" make-up. I've read mineral make-up is the way to go for both. I was excited to try it out, based on their claims, and took a master class at Ulta so I would know how to use it the right way etc. I LOVED the way it looked on me. Bought $200 worth of product that day. I noticed some itching on my forehead within an hour, not too bad. Fast forward 3 hours and my cheeks and chin were BURNING. It literally felt like every pore on my face was being pricked with needles. It felt worse than a bad sunburn. By the time I got home and could wash my face I took one look at myself in the mirror and was horrified - it looked like I had TONS of blush on. My cheeks were ON FIRE. I washed it off immediately...and am not kidding when I say my face was BURNING for another 24 hours. I couldn't even put my 100% organic, natural moisture oil on my face because it made it burn even more. When I woke up the next morning, as if the burning sensation and redness wasn't bad enough....my cheeks and chin were TOUGH. I don't know any other way to describe it...the skin became tough and thick feeling OVERNIGHT. From only 7 hours of having BareMinerals on. I took it ALL back today for a refund....my face bright red and irritated....and the woman had the nerve to tell me that it must be something else since "you can't get any more natural than BM"...I kept quiet because I really don't care what she thinks but what I wanted to say was "have you googled "reaction to Bare Minerals" ma'am?" I am just grateful for all of the people who have spoken of their experience that I was able to stop using it immediately and hope that my skin's reaction to it won't get any worse and will clear up in a few days....fingers crossed. NOW - I'm trying to find something else to use....the search wears on!

on 10/18/2009 12:23:00 PM

I have used MAC's Studio Fix for my podwer/foundation of choice for over three years, but when friends and family jumped on the Bare Escentals boat, I thought I'd give the mineral makeup a try. I bought the "starter kit (fair)," which turned out being too light for my skin tone. Also, the "warmth" was not a great color for me, however, with the kit, it's the only color choice you have. But I stayed on board, hoping it would change the quality of my slightly acne-proned skin, and decided to try the next shade up, "fairly light"--too yellow for my skin tone, and too expensive for not being a perfect color match but, again, I waited it out. As time passed and as the Bare Escentals associate promised me, I was hoping to see improvements in my skin's quality. FICTION! After about 5 months, I began to notice tiny pimples all over my forehead, temples and, well, pretty much all over my face. I was SO mad, and went back to MAC for my N4 Studio Fix. I told the MAC associate the reasons for my change--that I wanted something a little lighter and more natural--and he said, "Some things may be more natural, but MAC is made for the skin." He's right. I will never purchase anything from Bare Escentals again!!!

on 10/3/2009 7:37:00 PM

It's the worst stuff I ever put on my face. It will take me weeks until I will get rid of all the acnee and the white heads. I am sorry I ever tried it!

So bummed out after trying this product! I LOVED IT! Totally drank the kool aid on this one...bought the cleansers, the foundation, everything. Loved the foundation and the coverage it provided...but after about a week I developed these very small bumps...not red or anything, just bumps on my cheeks, nose, chin...had to discontinue use :( Maybe will re-try one day, in the meantime i'm going to give the new clinique superbalanced mineral powder a try and hope that their "allergy tested" product can give me better results...

on 9/24/2009 8:17:00 PM

I used Bare Escentuals when I first started out with face/skin make up. However, as time progressed, I got really sick of having to touch up my face every two hours. Plus, my skin is combination, so it can get oily and dry, and on the dry days, the condition of my skin was very apparent. In addition, they have very few colors to choose from. The medium beige was too dark for my skin and the medium was wayyy to light. I would recommend this as a starter or for someone whose skin is not bad to begin with. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

on 9/20/2009 9:49:00 PM

I have been using these products for YEARS. It took a few hit and misses before I got the right combination of medium & medium beige to perfectly match my skin. I will admit the packaging could be better but am willing to look the other way since I am getting such awesome results. For daytime I use a light hand but it's easy to build when you need more coverage. I have sensitive skin and have never had any break-outs from these products. To get the best results after using the foundation , use mineral veil and top it off with a face color such as glee.. It won't make you look too made up but it will just look like you have that something pretty about you ! VERY IMPORTANT ! Use the right tools this is a key to the success of these products !!Ps: I get all my products through ebay.. you can also find the sample sets there ! good luck !

on 9/14/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The first few times I used I loved it. But then I noticed that I looked orange in natural light or very bright light.
It does not give much coverage and the acne got more red and noticeable when using it.
The package and the way you have to put in the lid to apply it is just terrible, waste product, and it gets makeup everywhere. Smashbox have a better package for their minerals that you twist the container and the minerals are crushed, it comes out just the right amount with no mess.
There aren't that many shades to choose from which I think is a mistake, there are many skin tones out there.
After a few hours of use I didn't have any makeup on, you have to keep reapplying and not just once but 2 to 3 times a day just to make from 9am to 5pm.
The only pro: it does not make you break out at all.

Did not work too well when used to set a mineral foundation, surprisingly. I found it worked much better when paired with a liquid foundation, it set my makeup for a good 10 hours

on 8/23/2009 3:49:00 AM

I am just coming to the end of my starter set and think I have just got the hang of it. My initial experience was not that great - I found it really dried out and irritated my skin. After reading the positive reviews for the Elizabetha Arden mineral foundation here I bought some along with the brushes. I was not so taken with the coverage that gave me, but the brushes are lovely. They are so soft and the slanted design makes getting even coverage easier. I use the little one for extra coverage on my cheeks and nose. So I have used these for the past few days along with this foundation and I have been much more impressed with it. In conclusion - I can only assume that it was the brushes that were irritating my skin. If you are struggling with this, I would suggest giving it a try with better quality brushes and see if it makes a difference.