April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mayarc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first few times I used I loved it. But then I noticed that I looked orange in natural light or very bright light.
It does not give much coverage and the acne got more red and noticeable when using it.
The package and the way you have to put in the lid to apply it is just terrible, waste product, and it gets makeup everywhere. Smashbox have a better package for their minerals that you twist the container and the minerals are crushed, it comes out just the right amount with no mess.
There aren't that many shades to choose from which I think is a mistake, there are many skin tones out there.
After a few hours of use I didn't have any makeup on, you have to keep reapplying and not just once but 2 to 3 times a day just to make from 9am to 5pm.
The only pro: it does not make you break out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaElizabeth

Did not work too well when used to set a mineral foundation, surprisingly. I found it worked much better when paired with a liquid foundation, it set my makeup for a good 10 hours

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by c0rb1ere

I am just coming to the end of my starter set and think I have just got the hang of it. My initial experience was not that great - I found it really dried out and irritated my skin. After reading the positive reviews for the Elizabetha Arden mineral foundation here I bought some along with the brushes. I was not so taken with the coverage that gave me, but the brushes are lovely. They are so soft and the slanted design makes getting even coverage easier. I use the little one for extra coverage on my cheeks and nose. So I have used these for the past few days along with this foundation and I have been much more impressed with it. In conclusion - I can only assume that it was the brushes that were irritating my skin. If you are struggling with this, I would suggest giving it a try with better quality brushes and see if it makes a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ladyladybird

When I first started using these powders I loved the brand and thought I was converted. I liked the "airbrushed" look and it seemed to cover everything nicely. I also loved loved loved that it stayed on all day as I had never found makeup that lasted all day without needing touch up before. it is a bit of a pain to have to manage pots and powder, and I found it gets everywhere, I put up with it as I liked the results.
However, having now used it for 7 months I have changed my mind - I have the worst blocked pores ever, and little bumps all over my face, with one patch that never goes on my cheek which is totally new for me. I have not changed anything else and can only put it down to the powders or the brushes aggravating my sensitive skin.
I have gone back to clinique liquid foundation and within 3 days the bumps have reduced. Blocked pores still there but think with a good deep cleanse they will go.
So I am on the fence. Whilst I like how it looks on skin, way it lasts all day and can put up with slight hassle of applying it i am not sure it is great for my skin. Worth trying as am sure it is great for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by hearts2787

This make up has really changed my life. I remember just 8 months ago i was reading these reviews thinking whether i should buy BE or not. BUYING BE HAS BEEN THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE. When i started using the makeup it was kinda hard to get use to and my skin felt like it was feeling alot of heat and it felty itchy and i was sweating alot for no reason (i think my skin was getting used to the change), however within a month of using it i could see improvement in my skin. Of course I also had a very intense skin regime to keep my skin free from breakout (i have suffered from moderate acne for the last 4 years). Before i had very bad pimples and cysts and i was using lots of non-mineral makeup to cover them up , which in turn caused more break outs...But after 4-5 months of using BE i now feel confident to NOT WEAR ANY MAKEUP!!! i only wear make up when i'm going out to clubs or parties etc.

I really believe that make up can either make or break your skin. And althought occassionally i still get small breakouts (esp due to stress), i would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants to looks TOTALLY NATURAL, it just keeps improving your skin!! im looking forward to expending my BE collection and trying out all their products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by janelb79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE bareMinerals!!! I've only been using it for about a month but I swear I'll never go back! I bought the 'Newbie Kit' on Sephora.com and got a great deal. You get 2 foundations, 1 mineral veil, and 1 warmth w/ a 'Mini Flawless Application Face Brush'. Granted it's a "newbie" kit and the products are all 0.03oz, but they last long. And you can't beat the price....$18.00 US!!!! I HIGHLY recommend this product to everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

I love bare mineral's foundation. They offer a variety of shades to suit everyone's skin tone. If you go to their website you will see a whole bunch of girls with different skin tones. Choose which skin tone is closest to yours and then you will know which shade to get.

The foundation is lightweight, not heavy like most foundations. It provides coverage and the foundation doubles as a concealer =)

Out of all the mineral makeup out there, I would ONLY purchase Bare Escentuals.

The mineral veil is the best. I love it. I tried the original and hydrating and it works so well over the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Caroline825

I really like this foundation. I have acne prone skin that can be oily with some dry areas. I have been using this product for over 2 years and always seem to go back to it no matter what other foundations I try. Recently, I tried the Clinique Superfit Foundation with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish to set it. I just don't feel like it gives me the light, smooth, yet complete coverage that Bare Minerals does. I read about some people complaining that it doesn't stay very matte after a while and I agree. That's why I use the mineral veil during hot days to give me a nice, matte finish. The only reason I'm giving this product 4 lippies instead of 5, is that I find that the color selection isn't great. I would like to see more of a range.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when i bought the foundation 3 yrs ago I think it was a diferent formula and it worked for me but recently it ran out so I bought a new one and noticed they were not the same. The new one didn't make my face itch but it seemed to oxidize on my face within a couple hrs and my face became really shiny and gross...and I have dry skin. My skin doesn't get greasy and even when it does it's not a lot and not noticeable. I have dull skin. It's weird though because even though it made my skin shiny, it excentuates my DRY SPOTS. I have patches everywhere of dried skin and it looks terrible. I am so dissapointed. And I hate the veil as well. Made my face look disgustingly cakey and dried up and it only kept it dry for 3-4 hrs which is not enough for me. It did even out my redness on my cheeks but if it only lasts 4 hrs and looks terrible after that, it's useless for my 12 hrs work day. Shame though, this foundation was the only one I found that didn't cause my skin to break out more or irritate. I'm dissapointed

UPDATE: I hate putting on extra stuff on my face but since this foundation looked so bad on me alone I decided to use primer again. With the primer the foundation does look a lot better and isn't blotchy any more. Since this is the only foundation I've found that doesn't break me out and actually covers my blemishes I'm bumping the lippies up from 1 to 3. 1 off since technically this foundation alone looks terrible on me. I've also changed my mind on the veil, it does make my foundation last longer without it being greasy and shiny. I forgot to put the veil on one day and within an hr my face was disgusting so the veil is definately a must or any press powder really.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I think this is the best Mineral formula on the market if you are going to go down the fabled Mineral path. I've tried most formulas, from the cheap to the high-end, and think this one is the safest bet. If you are fair like me, make sure you are either a true ivory (in which case go for Fair), but if you are an LLL be careful chosing the right one out of Fairly Light and Light. Light's pretty yellow, and I found FL too golden.

Use a good brush, and for God's sake - buff it in! Its also good applied with a concealer brush to blemishes, then give it a quick brush over with a kabuki to blend.

If you have dry skin, open pores or the beginnings of ageing (like me...gah), then proceed with caution no matter what the SA's tell you. No Mineral formula, even if its absolute top-end quality, is going to give you the dewy and luminous look they like to sell. A particularly honest MAC SA told me this today - "Even a $100 Mineral foundation is going to make you look old!". Bless.

I