MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

I have been using this product for almost two months (not daily) and I really don't know how to rate it. My love for MAC runs deep so maybe that gets in the way. The price of course is on the more expensive side, the packaging is neat but no applicator(brush or sponge) included. On my medium skintone, the medium plus is a great match. It feels very silky on the skin but for some reason, my combination(more oily on the t zone) skin doesn't blend well with it. It becomes quite oily looking within the first 30mins of application. The problem could be that I don't wear liquid foundation, just concealer in certain places. I will try it with foundation and will update my review. So far, this is an ok product in my opinion, but I will not re-purchase.

I love the finish and its very long wearing and has buildable coverage. My only complaint is that the compact need a mirror. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. I didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. Then apply the powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to return this product because it was way to sheer. However, I agree with the rest of the reviewers here that it is a great natural finishing powder. I am NC 30 and I was matched with Medium Dark. The texture is very nice but not quite what I was looking for in a powder. I did not have any break outs either which is a huge plus.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like the sheer finish of this powder. It is natural on its own and gives a nice glow on top of foundation. i bought this at the airport and used on holiday for a natural look during the day. I like to use this when i want to go with a more natural look. I also use this when i'm in a rush - i just swirl over with my kabuki brush and buff on to my face! Would recommend to those who prefer a more natural/sheer look.

I just love this product!! It goes on smoothly....and its the perfect low coverage! I gave the packaging 4 stars because it doesnt come with a sponge....but i prefer not to apply it with a sponge...because it looks better in my opinion when you apply it with a brush. I hope this helped!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i am a mac C40 this product is a bit too orange and glittery on me it oxidizes i can make it work by using over a foundation that is too light as it then gives a happy medium but on its own its very strange kind of ashy kind of greasy looking and too orange it seems to work for a lot of people, even on people with lighter skin tones than me some im sure im just the exception and not the rule. i also think its a bit over priced and pointless you dont want your whole face to have a sheen it looks fake its better to have a highlighter that you use sparingly and as far as a powder foundation well i have my studio fix for that i regret buying and will not repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i LOVE it!!! i like to use it to set my foundaton or use it as my foundation. love the coverage too.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm about NW15 normally, but I'm using self-tanner on my body, so I wanted to warm up my face a bit. I was really hesitant to go any darker than the medium, but decided to give this a try. Actually, it's not all that dark, and it's a very, very sheer product, so it adds a beautiful finish and just the right amount of color for me this summer. I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, so I get a very light application. I will buy a lighter MSFN when fall/winter comes, but for now this is perfect. I use this over my MUFE F&B foundation and set if all with Fix+. The glow this gives me is really something else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this after reading the reviews and am so far liking it! I used to wear NC42 for foundation but NC35 for the sheer select pressed powder, and have olive toned skin so this colour blends almost perfectly into my skin. I apply this directly onto my skin with a mineral brush sans any foundation and it seems to stay the whole day, except the occasional blot in the afternoons.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've gone through two of these already!!!

It's lightweight, shimmery not glittery, and offers a little coverage. As someone who rarely wears foundation, this was perfect for everyday use. I just smear on a little concealer on problem areas and sweep this on top with a kabuki brush.

You get a LOT of product for the price which I believe is $28, but don't quote me on that. The only complaint I have is that the compact fails to have a mirror or adequate space for a powder sponge (for on the go) since the product is dome shaped. This becomes less of an issue as I use the product, obviously, but a pain in the ass otherwise.

Recommended for Normal Skin