MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 9/7/2010 2:38:00 AM

I love the finish and its very long wearing and has buildable coverage. My only complaint is that the compact need a mirror. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. I didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. Then apply the powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

on 9/3/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to return this product because it was way to sheer. However, I agree with the rest of the reviewers here that it is a great natural finishing powder. I am NC 30 and I was matched with Medium Dark. The texture is very nice but not quite what I was looking for in a powder. I did not have any break outs either which is a huge plus.

on 8/15/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like the sheer finish of this powder. It is natural on its own and gives a nice glow on top of foundation. i bought this at the airport and used on holiday for a natural look during the day. I like to use this when i want to go with a more natural look. I also use this when i'm in a rush - i just swirl over with my kabuki brush and buff on to my face! Would recommend to those who prefer a more natural/sheer look.

on 8/15/2010 11:03:00 AM

I just love this product!! It goes on smoothly....and its the perfect low coverage! I gave the packaging 4 stars because it doesnt come with a sponge....but i prefer not to apply it with a sponge...because it looks better in my opinion when you apply it with a brush. I hope this helped!!

on 8/8/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

i am a mac C40 this product is a bit too orange and glittery on me it oxidizes i can make it work by using over a foundation that is too light as it then gives a happy medium but on its own its very strange kind of ashy kind of greasy looking and too orange it seems to work for a lot of people, even on people with lighter skin tones than me some im sure im just the exception and not the rule. i also think its a bit over priced and pointless you dont want your whole face to have a sheen it looks fake its better to have a highlighter that you use sparingly and as far as a powder foundation well i have my studio fix for that i regret buying and will not repurchase

on 7/31/2010 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i LOVE it!!! i like to use it to set my foundaton or use it as my foundation. love the coverage too.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm about NW15 normally, but I'm using self-tanner on my body, so I wanted to warm up my face a bit. I was really hesitant to go any darker than the medium, but decided to give this a try. Actually, it's not all that dark, and it's a very, very sheer product, so it adds a beautiful finish and just the right amount of color for me this summer. I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, so I get a very light application. I will buy a lighter MSFN when fall/winter comes, but for now this is perfect. I use this over my MUFE F&B foundation and set if all with Fix+. The glow this gives me is really something else.

on 7/20/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just bought this after reading the reviews and am so far liking it! I used to wear NC42 for foundation but NC35 for the sheer select pressed powder, and have olive toned skin so this colour blends almost perfectly into my skin. I apply this directly onto my skin with a mineral brush sans any foundation and it seems to stay the whole day, except the occasional blot in the afternoons.

on 7/9/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've gone through two of these already!!!

It's lightweight, shimmery not glittery, and offers a little coverage. As someone who rarely wears foundation, this was perfect for everyday use. I just smear on a little concealer on problem areas and sweep this on top with a kabuki brush.

You get a LOT of product for the price which I believe is $28, but don't quote me on that. The only complaint I have is that the compact fails to have a mirror or adequate space for a powder sponge (for on the go) since the product is dome shaped. This becomes less of an issue as I use the product, obviously, but a pain in the ass otherwise.

on 7/5/2010 6:12:00 PM

There's something about MAC face products that always tend to break me out. Weird cuz I don't break out from using different products.