November 21, 2014 | 1678 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am a mac C40 this product is a bit too orange and glittery on me it oxidizes i can make it work by using over a foundation that is too light as it then gives a happy medium but on its own its very strange kind of ashy kind of greasy looking and too orange it seems to work for a lot of people, even on people with lighter skin tones than me some im sure im just the exception and not the rule. i also think its a bit over priced and pointless you dont want your whole face to have a sheen it looks fake its better to have a highlighter that you use sparingly and as far as a powder foundation well i have my studio fix for that i regret buying and will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by shelbyjstoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

i LOVE it!!! i like to use it to set my foundaton or use it as my foundation. love the coverage too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm about NW15 normally, but I'm using self-tanner on my body, so I wanted to warm up my face a bit. I was really hesitant to go any darker than the medium, but decided to give this a try. Actually, it's not all that dark, and it's a very, very sheer product, so it adds a beautiful finish and just the right amount of color for me this summer. I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, so I get a very light application. I will buy a lighter MSFN when fall/winter comes, but for now this is perfect. I use this over my MUFE F&B foundation and set if all with Fix+. The glow this gives me is really something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by e1812

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this after reading the reviews and am so far liking it! I used to wear NC42 for foundation but NC35 for the sheer select pressed powder, and have olive toned skin so this colour blends almost perfectly into my skin. I apply this directly onto my skin with a mineral brush sans any foundation and it seems to stay the whole day, except the occasional blot in the afternoons.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by themagiconch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gone through two of these already!!!

It's lightweight, shimmery not glittery, and offers a little coverage. As someone who rarely wears foundation, this was perfect for everyday use. I just smear on a little concealer on problem areas and sweep this on top with a kabuki brush.

You get a LOT of product for the price which I believe is $28, but don't quote me on that. The only complaint I have is that the compact fails to have a mirror or adequate space for a powder sponge (for on the go) since the product is dome shaped. This becomes less of an issue as I use the product, obviously, but a pain in the ass otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lrnm8

There's something about MAC face products that always tend to break me out. Weird cuz I don't break out from using different products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this to dust over a foundation that I got that was a few shades too light for me. It darkened my face up perfectly and gave a nice finish.

Now that it's the summer time and I've gotten more color on my face, I just use it over moisturizer (and concealer where needed) and it evens my skin out without having a powdery finish. Mind you the coverage is light, but if you have a few problem spots and a good concealer, you should be fine.

I've gotten SO many comments on how great my skin looks and it looks so natural that my boyfriend thought I had stopped using any foundation/powder on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my liquid foundation or wear it alone. It has a very nice satin finish. It's on the sheer side but does provide a bit of coverage. I have dry skin so it doesn't wear as well without a facial primer but with my Laura Mercier oil free primer with this on top, it looks really good and lasts almost all day. My only beef is that I wish the color was a bit lighter. Medium Plus is too light for me. I am NC40-42 and I am sort of in between colors. =/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i luv the finish it gives me

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am nc37-40 and this is my HG powder for special occasions. I use this to darken my foundations that are a little too light for me. Medium Plus is a better match for me if I have a dead-on foundation match, but usually my foundations tend to be lighter so I use Medium Dark a lot (the MAC guy said to always get a lighter foundation if you are between 2 colors and then use powder to darken).

This powder gives a really smooth and flawless look. I've bought it probably 2-3 times and also keep Medium Plus on hand. I had a few little acne bumps the first time I used it and then never got them again so it might have just been the brush I was using. Otherwise, no breakouts, amazing coverage, feels light, and gives a nice matte yet glowing and natural finish-HG!

My only complaint is I wish it came in a normal compact with a mirror for touch-ups!