August 2, 2014 | 1641 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by stephanielynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very sketchy about this product after reading all the reviews. But, I decided that I might as well try.

At first I had dyed my hair a bright fire engine red and I LOVED it, unfortunately red is really hard to keep up with, so I went to a brown which faded into a disgusting color I couldn't stand. SO, I decided to go back to my blonde.

I honestly think the only downfall of this product is the smell of it. It turned my hair into a strawberry blonde, which I was able to bleach over and now my hair is a color that I can live with. It's cheap, it's easy, it WILL work if you follow the instructions and my hair had the same texture and feel as it did before I put the Color Oops in, did no damage at all. Just make sure you have a good conditioner. Although my bathroom and bedroom smell like a dump, I'm very happy with the results of Color Oops!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by smittie

Dyed my medium, golden blonde hair bright red. Didn't mean for it to be bright red, but there you go. Color Oops got it all out. I have baby fine hair, and no breakage after using it. Stuff smells nasty, and 25 minutes hanging over the tub with sprayer made me a little dizzy (def. get in the shower), but it really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mamasmurf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally blond hair and wanted a little change. My intentions were to put black underneath with the blond on top. When I rinsed the black dye out of my hair, the blond had turned gray! I was horrified to say the least. My hair is already damaged from bleaching from a dark color back to blond so I was leary about what to do. I found color oops and decided to give it a shot. I am happy to say that it lifted the gray/black right out of my hair! Even before I was done applying it I saw that blond coming back through! I will definately use this again if I make another mistake with hair color. Very happy with the results!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by natsmith5

I am impressed! My natural hair color is a light ashy blonde, however I have been dying my hair since the 8th grade... I ruined my naturally beautiful blonde hair when i decided to dye it brown.. bad call. The dye barely stuck to my hair and within a few weeks it was totally faded and had a green tint. Since then, i got my hair back to a platinum blonde color through professional highlighting and home dying. 3 days ago i decided I wanted a more natural dirty blonde color... when i washed it out my hair was dark dark brown. horrified, i washed it about 6 more times in attempt to wash the dark color away. No success there... a few days passed and i started to notice the green color coming back.. my worst fear... I started to panic and drove to CVS where i found color oops for $6.00.. good deal. I left it in for 20 minutes and rinsed it for about 10, i came out of the shower with intentions of re-dying my hair a light ash blonde but after blow dying it i LOVED the color. it turned out light blonde with a few natural looking dirty blonde highlights... a lot like my natural color! highly recommend this product for people with have dyed their blonde hair too dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Marciana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this product and I was let down. My hair had been previously bleached blonde until I dyed it light brown about a month ago. Wanting to go back to a lighter color w/o harming it too much, I picked color oops up at walgreens for $14. I followed the directions exactly and rinsed my hair for about 25 minutes in hot water. I am disappointed to say that the results weren't all that great. It did lighten my hair a shade or two, but it's not even close to the blonde I had before. It's more like a very dark blonde. I was not pleased, but at least it lightened my hair a little.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulfeathersandlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My color is light brown naturally and I dyed it with a 28 washes dark brown. I followed the instructions exactly because all the forums said to. Then I followed with the 3minute miracle by Aussie.
It looked lighter at first but the next morning it was just how it was to start with! So I got another box, followed directions exactly, more than 20minutes of rinsing. Standing in the shower that long sucks, I put a movie on my iPad to help distract myself. Nothing happened. Im down twenty bucks and hair looks the same as I started....maybe just a tad brassy actually which sucks.
It's now been a few days and my hair still smells soooo bad, I've washed about 8 times so far since being done with it...still smells! My family had to roll down the car windows, embarrassing. Geez. Neighbors across the hallway from me say they can still smell it through my doorway when they are in the hall...I took out all the trash and wiped everything down and opened the windows on a 60 degree day, but the smell lingers.
Horrible. Waste of money. Smells real bad, and I'm not a wuss about that stuff either. A lot of people said "it's not that bad" but man, it really is that bad, it's soooo strong and horrible. I'd be ok with that if it had fixed my hair. Hair is just brassy now, not cool. I guess I would try the Prell shampoo if I were you...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tshirtmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been dying my dark brown hair with reds and browns for the past 10 years. I do not have a hair color disastster but used it too see if I could get my hair a lighter brown color. It worked as I expected the first time I tried it. It came out a orangish brown and my husband said it was still darker at the bottom. So I used it again an hour later and now it's a prettier redish light brown color. I love it. Just make sure you rinse well sense that's what the directions say to do. I rinsed 20 minutes both times I used it and it is not darker yet. It's been 8 hours and I'm hoping it won't go darker again. I think as long as I rinsed well I should be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by xbloodyhalo

I know a lot of people want to know how this product works on dyed black hair. Get ready for a novel!

I had used this product once before in about 2008 to get red box dye out of my blonde hair. I had dyed it red twice with Garnier 100% Color. I don't remember if I used the regular or extra strength Color Opps. Anyway it worked like a charm and left my hair with no damage.

Fast forward to 2012 and I am in the midst of growing out the Posh Spice bob. I have the back of my head dyed black and a large section in the front dyed black as well. The rest is blonde. I have used Color Silk, Garnier Nutrisse, Garnier 100% Color, and Garnier Ultra-Color. All in various shades of black except for the Ultra-Color where I used Golden Brown in a futile attempt to lighten up the black a bit. So as you can tell I have dyed my hair with black box dye various times since about 2009.

I am currently trying to grow my hair longer and make it all one color. (Blonde.) I haven't dyed it with black since Sept. 2011, so I have about three inches of blonde roots showing. I didn't want to risk the damage of bleach and figured I'd give the Color Opps a shot since it worked so well last time. I bought one box from Walgreens, read the directions carefully, blah blah blah...

I enlisted the help of my husband as I needed help with the back and seperating the blonde from the black. I did not want any Color Opps to touch my root regrowth or anything that was already blonde. He was very meticulous in sectioning everything off. He applied the Color Opps all over the back first, then placed seran wrap over it so no blonde would slide into it. Then he did the front piece and also put seran wrap on it. All in all I had the Color Opps on for about 35 minutes.

I rinsed in the shower with the hottest water I could stand, and shampooed twice. Once with VO5 kiwi clarifying shampoo and once with Dove cool moisture shampoo. About twenty minutes total. Then I applied It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask all over and got out of the shower. I put the shower cap that came with the Color Opps over my hair and wrapped a towel around that. Let it sit for another 30 minutes and then rinse, rinse, rinse.

I'm not going to lie, my hair was very hard to comb through after I got out of the shower. I had to gently untangle everything with my wide tooth comb. Then I let it air dry. The end result is a light red-brown color which is much darker at my ends. But still much lighter then I started with. Am I all blonde again? No. Can I color over the end resulting color and be all blonde again? No. But hopefully the red with lighten up a bit and I can use Color Opps again in a few weeks. I can live with this color until then.

As for my hair it doesn't look or feel all that damaged. A bit dry. I am going to have my ends trimmed tomorrow just incase. It still reeks of the Color Opps however and so does my bathroom. All in all I would purchase Color Opps again and plan to in the next month or so. Thanks for reading! :) continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by kiwimeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Just used Color Oops tonight for the first time, and I am sooooo pissed off and angry.

I did about 2 1/2 hour or more of research before I bought it, and *most* of them seemed very positive, so I was willing to take the risk. I have bright/medium pink (magenta hair). Underneath was what blonde before it went pink, green months and month before that for almost a year and black before that.

I followed all the directions and my hair is the UGLIEST shade of medium/dark blue. If I could have know it was going to do this, I certainly wouldn't have bought it and just would have used a wee bit of bleach to get a lighter pink/blonde....Cause thats what I wanted and thats what I thought this product would do, since the color before it went magenta, was super light blonde...almost white.

The magenta I used was Punky Color, and after having it pink for 4 months with no re-dying and tons of washing with head and shoulders (which is supposed to fade color) It was only maybe a half shade lighter than when I originally dyed it.

So so mad. Hope this prevents someone else with similar hair color from making the same mistake I did. I was trying to be kinder to my hair by not bleaching it, but I really wish I could turn back time now and never NEVER have used this product. FML.

Luckily, I wear wigs daily (cause Im trying to leave my hair alone and let it grow and get healthy)
Guess I'll just continue to do that....And be lucky I dont have a boyfriend in this country who would have to see this disgusting color on my head everyday and every night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

I had dyed my hair from bleached blonde to a very rich deep mahogany red. I really liked it, but I missed my blonde after a while. :( I purchased Color Oops and I must say, it did an amazing job! It didn't give me the bleach color back, but it gave me a very beautiful strawberry blonde. After the first application, I really didn't like the results, and the packaging says you can use it up to 4(?) times. I did it a second time and that did it. It's beautiful and I highly recommend this.