April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AHeartsMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best part about this is that it has such a high SPF without being oily. Keeps my skin matte enough for me. It also helps my foundation/powder stay on. With this product, I feel no need to blot throughout the day. I'm on my fourth or fifth tube and have rarely experienced a breakout because of it. Its expensive, but it lasts a long time even with daily use, so it is definitely worth it. Did I mention how much I love the SPF 50? Will continue to repurchase forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by caitlynhorne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this primer! It is the only primer I have found that helps to control the oil on my face, keep my makeup in place all day, and manage to help my makeup go on smoother. It is not totally a miracle product but it is definately the best primer I have ever used and I have tried a tons! (high and low end)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not like using a SPF and then a foundation primer. It is to many steps, and I find that they don't work in good combination with each other, making primers ineffective. This primer combines a primer and a SPF, perfect. It smooths out my face, makes my foundation apply easier, and makes my foundation last. It doesn't keep my T-zone matte, but it doesn't claim to do this. This product is expensive, but it lasts a long time (approximately six months for me). I will continue to repurchase. Holy grail status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC really makes some great products.... In my case, it's hard to be dissatisfied with a MAC product.

I really like this stuff. I put it on a few minutes before my foundation, and it helps my makeup stay on throughout the day.

If I'm honest, it doesn't keep me matte. It doesn't keep me matte at all. But at the same time, that isn't its job. Get some blotting paper if you need something to keep you matte, or some translucent powder :)

However, it does stop my makeup from shifting throughout the day (which happens OFTEN to oily skinned people) and I absolutely love it.

I give it a 4 because of the lack of mattifying power, a 4 for price (it's $30), and the packing quality at 4 because you can't see how much you have left. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by maifairlady89

When i bought this i thought it was the greatest primer, but i guess it was too good to be true. I was using this primer for like a month on and off and every time i put it on, it would always sting my face and by the end of the day i would see like small little pimples on my face and i barely breakout. so i decide gave up on it...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MJ22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product in the hope that it would prolong the wear of my make up as well as protect my skin, but unfortunately my make up came off faster than when I didnt wear the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this primer, but lately I've been getting massive break outs, and I think it was caused by this primer. This is my 3rd tube and I've never broken out this bad before, so maybe they've changed the formula or there are other environmental factors that are causing the spots.

Other than that, this primer does an amazing job at making my make up last forever. I have very fair skin, and I didn't burn once this summer and I think this primer helped with that.

I'm still giving this 4 lippies because I still use it religiously on my cheeks, nose and forehead (I broke out on my chin) and this seems to be OK.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by hayleyleloup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT!: I had thought I'd received a bad tube, or maybe one that wasn't actually MAC (I order online as it's not sold here in Aus) until I came here to check if the formula had changed. It's now just flat out like applying cheap, greasy sunscreen. Smells awful, feels awful, looks awful. YUCK. Even worse because I bought two tubes online and now won't use it.

OLD REVIEW OF OLD FORMULA: Let me start by saying I really adore this primer. I have skin that's on the oily side of normal, and really what I was looking for was sun protection and something that would hold my make up on all day. This does both. SPF 50 is amazing, but this primer also keeps my make up looking flawless for about 8 hours. Sometimes in the afternoon I re-powder, but it keeps my skin matte and my make up on really well.

It has never broken me out, it feels good going on to the skin, and it doesn't make my foundation cakey.

The problems I have with it is that 1. I live in Australia and they don't sell it here and 2. The packaging sucks. When I think I finish a tube, I cut it open and scoop out the rest into a little jar, and it's at least a quarter left. The tube looks nice, but it's so far from practical.

It's also a little pricey, but nothing outrageous. I will definitely still repurchase as long as it is available.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by orynoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first review and I had to write in on this primer as it is the one item that has had the largest impact on my routine. I love it.

I have very oily skin and have tried many mattifying treatments which have never been remotely sucessful. I even struggle to blot/matte with powder as my skin is oily within half an hour and ends up 'splitting' the makeup so it pools up around my pores.(I know, a beautiful description right?) Blotting sheets have been my only remedy over the last few years until I discovered this.

The product is a smooth white cream which dries down once applied. I know some people have said it can leave a white cast on their face. I am NC25/30 and I haven't found this to be a problem. You only need a very small amount smoothed in and I don't think there will be any problems.

Its ability to hold back the oil is amazing! My face doesn't feel constantly clammy and I actually have makeup on at the end of the day! It has opened up so many more products I can use on top of it. If you suffer with oily skin I really urge you to try this, at least try a sample from your local Mac counter.

I have sensitive eyes and have used this around them with no problems. However as I am starting to get fine lines around my eyes I prefer a more silicone/hydrating primer there.

The downsides are it is not the cheapest (although also not nearly the most expensive). However if oily skin is a big issue you might be happy to pay twice the price for a product which actually works for once. You also only need a very small amount and I do not need a moisturiser with this.

The second downside is the packaging. It would be wonderful if it came in a clear tube so you could see how much was left and if the squeezy tube was a little more supple as it is hard to get everything out towards the end. I recommend cutting the packaging open and decanting at this stage as there is often weeks worth of product left inside.

GO get your sample

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love this stuff. My t-zone gets greasy throughout the day and most foundations wear off. With this, my skin stays matte, but not overly matte where it is noticeable. My foundation stays on until I wash it off. Will definitely be repurchasing.