October 21, 2014 | 1511 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do love this primer but only if i use it in a specific way. If i use this product without a moisturiser then my face is matt all day long, and i mean not a bead of oil in site!
Now if i use this product over my normal facial moisturiser the effects are so so.
I've also noticed less is more with this product, the less i use the more shine control, if i use too much my makeup just sits on my face and feels like its about to slide off.

Im unsure of the quality of the Spf in this product as still tan as quickly when im using it.

The only downfall with this product is the packaging, the bottle makes it hard for you to get a small amount out and its hard to squeeze, when your coming to the end of the product.

Overall a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried almost everything under the sun to keep my face from being a complete grease pit (I have to blot at least 3-4 times throughout my workday), and nothing has worked. I gave this a try after hearing good things on the makeup board, and I am so glad that I did!!!!!! This has been the only product to take my face blotting down to only once a day, and keep my makeup in place. The cost is a little pricey (but worth it), but it is reasonable compared to other physical suncreeens on the market. A little of this product goes a long way (I use a nickle-size amount, and it covers my whole face). If you have oil/super-oil skin this product is a MUST HAVE and completely worth the $30!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product last summer because I was looking for a mutipurpose primer. The product comes in a black tube . At the beginnig , I was really happy with the product , it would make the make up last longer in my oily t-zone and at the same time it was protecting my skin from the sun. Then for a while I stopped using the product ( don't remember why) and this time around when I used this product for only a couple days, I ended up with pimples on my chin and also small little bumps around my chin area and I am positive the breakout was because of this product since this was the only thing that I added to my daily routine. Once I stopped using this, the breakout stopped. Also, I think this product works best with liquid foundations rather than powder products as far as oil control goes. When I use this under my powder foundation , I see no difference. The packaging for this is just terrible , when you get near the end, the product doesn't come out and if you want to use the whole thing , you have to cut the tube open and put the rest of the stuff in a jar which isn't very hygeneic. like any other mac product this stuff is pretty pricey and you don't get a lot of product for the money you are paying. Overall, I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by OoBrittany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, and I usually have to blot at least twice a day. This is the ONLY thing that's ever worked for me. It keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am IN LOVE with this primer. I have very oily skin and have tried EVERYTHING to keep my face matte and my makeup on. This primer is the only thing that has ever worked. I don't even have to blot anymore and my makeup stays on all day. I also love that this is SPF 50. I have seen others say it is expensive, but it is less money per volume than Smashbox primers and it is COMPLETELY worth it.

The packaging is my only criticism of this product - opaque packaging annoys me because I like to see how much is left. This doesn't bother me much since the product is so great, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AHeartsMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*EDIT FOR NEW FORMULA*

This is sadly going down to a 2 for me because they changed the formula and is now greasy for someone who has oily skin. The only upside is that its still SPF 50. I will not repurchase.

*REVIEW FOR OLD FORMULA*
Best part about this is that it has such a high SPF without being oily. Keeps my skin matte enough for me. It also helps my foundation/powder stay on. With this product, I feel no need to blot throughout the day. I'm on my fourth or fifth tube and have rarely experienced a breakout because of it. Its expensive, but it lasts a long time even with daily use, so it is definitely worth it. Did I mention how much I love the SPF 50? Will continue to repurchase forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by caitlynhorne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this primer! It is the only primer I have found that helps to control the oil on my face, keep my makeup in place all day, and manage to help my makeup go on smoother. It is not totally a miracle product but it is definately the best primer I have ever used and I have tried a tons! (high and low end)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not like using a SPF and then a foundation primer. It is to many steps, and I find that they don't work in good combination with each other, making primers ineffective. This primer combines a primer and a SPF, perfect. It smooths out my face, makes my foundation apply easier, and makes my foundation last. It doesn't keep my T-zone matte, but it doesn't claim to do this. This product is expensive, but it lasts a long time (approximately six months for me). I will continue to repurchase. Holy grail status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC really makes some great products.... In my case, it's hard to be dissatisfied with a MAC product.

I really like this stuff. I put it on a few minutes before my foundation, and it helps my makeup stay on throughout the day.

If I'm honest, it doesn't keep me matte. It doesn't keep me matte at all. But at the same time, that isn't its job. Get some blotting paper if you need something to keep you matte, or some translucent powder :)

However, it does stop my makeup from shifting throughout the day (which happens OFTEN to oily skinned people) and I absolutely love it.

I give it a 4 because of the lack of mattifying power, a 4 for price (it's $30), and the packing quality at 4 because you can't see how much you have left. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by maifairlady89

When i bought this i thought it was the greatest primer, but i guess it was too good to be true. I was using this primer for like a month on and off and every time i put it on, it would always sting my face and by the end of the day i would see like small little pimples on my face and i barely breakout. so i decide gave up on it...